• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~~First Try.

Arbok

aka Arbok
I saw everybody in the Fan Art Forums drawing cool things, and I was trying that today, too. (Lol I made my text color black since it's hard to read for some people)

Well, I tried it with paint, IT'S MY FIRST TIME so please don't flame me :/ (sp?) I started with a simple one, Drifloon.

425drifloonps3.gif

I also made other ones. Click below on one of the links to see them.
Drifloon
Oddish
Cleffa
Igglybuff

Maybe any comments, how to make a better one next time..?

Last edited:

Pearl's Perap

Looks great to me for a first attempt, great choice too, Drifloon is really simple, effective and well, cute!

One thing that bugs me is the lines, they seem to vary in thickness, I know you probably WENT for that type of thing, but it just looks strange to me, otherwise, it's fine, it's well shaded and everything else looks good.

Keep up the good work...

Arbok

aka Arbok
Looks great to me for a first attempt, great choice too, Drifloon is really simple, effective and well, cute!

One thing that bugs me is the lines, they seem to vary in thickness, I know you probably WENT for that type of thing, but it just looks strange to me, otherwise, it's fine, it's well shaded and everything else looks good.

Keep up the good work...

Ok, I will start on another one later or maybe tomorrow, and I will make all lines the same.. thick. (sp?)

I really appreciate your comment! Thanks!

Last edited:

Arbok

aka Arbok
Yay, made another one. It's an Oddish, also a very simple one.

043Oddish.gif

Any comments again?

Last edited:

Arbok

aka Arbok
Ok, I will change all my texts colors to black from my fanart thing! :D

And again, thanks for the wonderfull comment! I try to make some more.

Pearl's Perap

The Oddish looks great, it, much like the Drifloon, is really cute, keep up the good work and the good selections of pokémon to draw :]

Arbok

aka Arbok
Yeah, did another one! It's a whole different pose, but it's a bit lesser as the other two, I think.

173cleffaop3.gif

I'm trying to do another one later.. Maybe any comments?

Thankyou for the wonderfull comments (again), Pearl's Perap & Lucario,the mastermind!

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
Drifloon: Very good for a first try, although it bothers me a bit that the eyes are too high.
Oddish: Also very good for a beginner, but the leaves are facing the opposite direction as the body.
Cleffa: No offence but it looks like a Charizard stepped on its head but missed the poof of hair.
Just work a bit on your shape and colors (for the shading) and keep practicing and you'll get tons better.
I can read the purple fine and I have the Water style, it's dark blue.
You are spelling your words right, just so you know.
;151;

Jakotsu

Banned
Adorable, it's all I can say, but don't give it a thick outline, why not use a 1 or 2 px sized outline. Another thing I can suggest is that give it the pixel like look into it. ^_^ ... I now want one. u_u'

Arbok

aka Arbok
I can't say more.. Thank you all for the most wonderfull comments! And Lucario,the mastermind, I did an Igglybuff! Here it is.
174Igglybuff.gif

Oh, now I see the outlines too. I will think about it when I'm gonna make the next one!
I guess I´ll just have to practice very much and maybe I´ll make good ones soon :)

Maybe any comments? Oh, I'll put all the ones I made now in the first post.

Last edited:

Rukaria

onechance.
The shading on the pictures doesn't seem that great. You mostly do good outlines and they are smooth(for ms paint). They only problem I can see is that the shading isn't as good as the outlines. It seems a bit random and unpredictable at the moment. I suggest when you begin doing artworks like these use the reference picture pose and lighting. After a few of those pictures gradually move onto your own poses and shading. I found this helped me a bit.

Igglybuff's eyes look sort of strange because they look almost identical.

I think from what I can see is you're using the line/curve tool for shading. If that doesn't work(which it normally doesn't) remember to fix it up even if it means fixing it pixel by pixel.

Oh yeah, if the colours are too similar don't hesitate to change them because the style you are using works better with different shades,

King Wulfharth

Divine Wonder...
nice again but alittle crit would be igglybuff's eyes are to close together btw i actually need your help in shading cause I don't know how.

Arbok

aka Arbok
nice again but alittle crit would be igglybuff's eyes are to close together btw i actually need your help in shading cause I don't know how.

Well, according to the above poster (lucario rox) (and he's right) I'm very bad at shading :p

The shading on the pictures doesn't seem that great. You mostly do good outlines and they are smooth(for ms paint). They only problem I can see is that the shading isn't as good as the outlines. It seems a bit random and unpredictable at the moment. I suggest when you begin doing artworks like these use the reference picture pose and lighting. After a few of those pictures gradually move onto your own poses and shading. I found this helped me a bit. Ok, thankyou for this information! ^^

Igglybuff's eyes look sort of strange because they look almost identical. But they aren't.. Well I'll try to make them different.

I think from what I can see is you're using the line/curve tool for shading. Huh? Not really, I think. If that doesn't work(which it normally doesn't) remember to fix it up even if it means fixing it pixel by pixel.

Oh yeah, if the colours are too similar don't hesitate to change them because the style you are using works better with different shades,

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I don't blame you for the shading, dude. It is quite hard.
Still, better then some other crud I've seen, and especially good for your first works.

Arbok

aka Arbok
I don't blame you for the shading, dude. It is quite hard.
Still, better then some other crud I've seen, and especially good for your first works.

Yep, the shading is very hard. I will try to make the next one better. Thanks again for another wonderful comment! :D

Still no time to make another.. maybe tomorrow.

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D
u call this bad??? its grt...except for the shading...u should work on it.