• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First UU team

Mysterous64

The Black Knight
First attempt at UU bare with me all images from Arkies

ninetales.png

Ninetales@life orb
Nature: Timid Spd+ atk-
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: 252 Sp.atk 252. Speed 4 Sp.def
Moves
-Hypnosis
-Flame thrower
- Nasty Plot
- energy ball

Standard sweeper, hypnosis then NP then attacks accordingly and attempts to sweep the foe. It can withstand most netural special attacks with its good sp.def but physical attacks are a good reason to switch out. Counters are covered by energy ball.

honchkrow.png

Honchcrow@Choice scarf
Nature: Naive
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 speed 126 Sp.atk 126 attack 4.HP
Moves:
-Dark Pulse
-Steel wing
- shadow ball
- Heat wave

My mixed sweeper, heat wave to stop pesky steel walls, steel wing for rock types. Choice scarf is to outspeed most of the competition esp Crobat Counters: Are covered with heat wave and steel wing

kecleon.png

Kecleon @toxic orb
Nature: Timid
Ability Colour change
Evs: 252 HP 252 Speed 4 Sp.def
Moves:
-Skill swap
-Trick
- magic coat
-Fake out
Kecleon, its job is to steal the foes item, and skill if its good, then flinch and practically just get it in the way. (open to replacement) Counters this guy can be countered easily but it is not designed to do much damage though.

lunatone.png

Lunatone@ leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EVS: 200 Sp.def 200 def 108 HP
Moves:
-Cosmic power
- ice beam
- reflect
- rain dance

My mixed wall cosmic power to ensure the defenses ten reflect to empower the low defense stat and then ice beam as offensive and rain dance to set out for another pkmn. Counters: Most of is counters are easily withstood because of the cosmic power.

poliwrath.png

Polywrath@ choice scarf/ life orb
Ability: water absorb
Evs: 180 sp.atk 76 atk 252 speed
Moves:
-Ice beam
- rock slide
- earthquake
- surf

Late mixed sweeper, comes in late and hits hard. has little defense but great attack and its speed is its only problem comes in late and hits hard. Depending on if it has choice scarf or life orb. Counters: Either attempt to 1HKO them or switch out.

girafarig.png

Girafarig@ leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
Evs: 252 speed 252 HP 4 sp.atk
Moves
-Calm Mind
-baton pass
- Substitute
- Agility

My sub passer, uses its moves that passes on. It is focuses on speed and survival. It is as fast as most sub passers in UU. Its calm mind and agility are the only moves useful to prepare for my late sweeper. (Looking for replacement) Counters, doesn't attack little counters if one appears baton pass.

All images are from Arkies

Last edited:

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
First attempt at UU bare with me all images from Arkies

ninetales.png

Ninetales@life orb
Nature: Timid Spd+ atk-
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: 252 Sp.atk 252. Speed 4 Sp.def
Moves
-Hypnosis
-Flame thrower
- Nasty Plot
- energy ball

Energy ball is standard on it so it's counters resist energy ball. Hypnosis is pretty awful with the new accuracy drop, cause nintales really can't afford to miss. maybe get rid of it for Hidden Power ground/water to deal with fire types.

honchkrow.png

Honchcrow@Choice scarf
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 speed 126 Sp.atk 126 attack 4.HP
Moves:
-Dark Pulse
-Steel wing
- shadow ball
- Heat wave

those Ev's are a bit pleh, change it's EV's to outspeed certain threats then run calcs on the things you plan to KO with your moves and use the appropriate amount there. also shadowball provides useless coverage alongside Darkpulse, drop it for superpower. although personally i'd drop dark pulse for nightslash but it's your choice "/

kecleon.png

Kecleon @toxic orb
Ability Colour change
Evs: 252 HP 252 Speed 4 Sp.def
Moves:
-Skill swap
-Trick
- magic coat
-Fake out

i don't much about this guy so i can't really say anything, but 252 speed seems watsed considering his low base speed, put them in attack or DEF instead. Also trick/toxic orb seems a bit gimmicky considering it can just learn toxic, try flame orb instead, or maybe something like iron ball considering kecleons already abysmal speed.

lunatone.png

Lunatone@ leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EVS: 200 Sp.def 200 def 108 HP
Moves:
-Cosmic power
- ice beam
- reflect
- rain dance

max HP, since it's more important on something like this. and i'd get rid of cosmic power for Calm mind, since reflect covers your DEF and with calm mind you get the nice SpA boost too. If you don't want to go with calm mind then go with toxic over ice beam since you won't be killing much with ice beam anyway. or you could keep cosmic power and go with charge beam and ice beam for boltbeam coverage and SpA raise. if you go with that then dump rain dance for it, since rain dance isn't doing much anyway

poliwrath.png

Polywrath@ choice scarf/ life orb
Ability: water absorb
Evs: 180 sp.atk 76 atk 252 speed
Moves:
-Ice beam
- rock slide
- earthquake
- surf

you've already got a mixed attacker in honchkrow, so i'd say either change it to an all physical attacker or dump dump it for a knew one, maybe something like floatzel? sticking with the water typing. I don't know much of what's in UU so i can't reccomend much lol

girafarig.png

Girafarig@ leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
Evs: 252 speed 252 HP 4 sp.atk
Moves
-Calm Mind
-baton pass
- Substitute
- Agility

Girfarig is the best thing in the entire universe and so cannot be criticised

All images are from Arkies

Changes in Bold.

PokeN3rd

Not Gem King Kilik
"Kecleon, its job is to steal the foes item, and skill if its good, then flinch and practically just get it in the way. (open to replacement) Counters this guy can be countered easily but it is not designed to do much damage though."

It can't use Fake Out but the turn it comes in, therefore, if you steal the foes item, it becomes a useless move slot. You might as well make that your lead, since Ninetales doesn't need hypnosis and is set up to be a sweeper. You can use Fake out along with Trick as a fairly good standard lead. Consider Dropping skill swap, as there aren't many valuable abilities in UU. I would consider putting in Thunder Wave or Toxic. Consider Choice Scarf to trick onto opposing leads as well.

Don't run Rain Dance on lunatone. It only helps one of your pokemon's moves (surf) and hinders Ninetales and Honchkrows Heatwave. Make it a dual screener, which will provide much more team support than Rain Dance will.

I don't reccomend running Poliwrath mixed. You do already have one but base 70 sp.A is fail in comparison to its better atk stat at 85 Base. Waterfall makes a better choice on it.

Last edited: