• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First UU

This is were I got my resources on what pokemon are and aren't UU (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3449511). So if I have an OU pkm, please let me know. This is another Freak_Pokemon team, and here they are:

1.) Lead: Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Effort Values: 252 Spd/125 Def/125 Sp.Def

~ Overheat
~ Thunderbolt
~ Trick
~ Shadow Ball

Rotom-H's speed plus his Choice Scarf almost ensure that Trick will go first. It traps leads into moves like spike, stealth rock, toxic spikes, thunder wave, and toxic. Meanwhile, Rotom gets the OU items like (Leftovers, Life Orb, Focus Sash) Overheat provides great STAB, and also provides my team type coverage. Thunderbolt is also pure STAB and coverage. Shadow Ball lost STAB (aw) but still provides coverage.

Physical Sweeper: Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adament
Effort Values: 252 Atk/252 hp/ 4 Def

~ Aqua Jet
~ Superpower
~ Waterfall
~ Rollout

Aqua Jet can really do a hunk of damage! The only problem: its predictable and it makes me trapped into it! Waterfall is good, but its poor speed and defenses almost ensure OHKO. So the best move I got is A-jet and it is useful. I though I would give it a try. The other attacks can be useful in T-Room or when the opponent is going to switch or predicted S-Dance.

Special Sweeper: Espeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Effort Values: 252 Sp.A/252 Spd/4 Hp

~ Hidden Power (Ice)
~ Psychic
~ M-Sun
~ Shadow Ball

All the common Dragon Type pokemon cannot bear to take Hidden Power. being timid and really fast, she can sweep anything. All of his attacks provide nice coverage. Psychic gains STAB and Life Orb boosts.

Special Wall/Staller: Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Impish
Effort Values: 252 Hp/252 Def/4 Sp.D

~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Toxic
~ Heal Bell

Heal Bell helps me get through Status Crippler teams. Toxic does wounders when you can wall any damage and softboil it all back! Seismic Toss really speeds up the progress! She is my favorite pokemon on this team. She can wall ANYTHING (Thanks Eviolite!)

Physical Wall: Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Careful
Effort Values: 252 Hp/252 Sp.D/4 Def

~ Stealth Rocks
~ T-Wave
~ Seismic Toss
~ Iron Head

Oh My Gosh. It walls, it sets up, and makes a great Seismic Toss combo! Iron Head partnered with T-Wave helps give flinch a chance. Seismic Toss cuts through walls and makes up for its attack loss.

QD Sweeper: Venomoth @ Wise Glasses
Ability: T-Lens
Effort Values: 252 Sp.A/252 Spd/4 Hp

~ Q-Dance
~ S-Powder
~ B-Buzz
~ HP (Ground)

QD really gets Veno going! S-Powder gives him time to do so. HP ground provides coverage. Bug Buzz is for great STAB

Thanks everyone and take your time to come up with a resourceful feedback please.

Anthonias

Vandslaux

Why not Bold on Chansey? It makes it take less damage from confusion.

aquasuicune

Why not Bold on Chansey? It makes it take less damage from confusion.

Honestly, there's just not enough confusion in the game for that decision to really matter. Since Chansey doesn't really have any offensive capabilities, it's far more likely that people will try to taunt her than confuse her.

To OP: Do realize that a SE HP Ice hits only slightly harder than STAB Psychic. Unless you're super afraid of Flygon, see if there's another HP that might suit your needs better. For example, HP Fighting would help hit Darks who resist your other two attacks.

Also, I must question the use of Registeel as a special wall when you already have Chansey in that role. I would think Registeel would also prefer to be physically defensive to resist rampant Fighting and Ground type attacks.

Sceptilo

Hakuna Matata!
^ registeel would really be better as a physical wall. Curse fits very good. my idea:

Physical Wall: Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: impish
Effort Values: 252 Hp/252Def/4 sdef

~ Stealth Rocks
~ Curse
~ Seismic Toss
~ Iron Head
no t-wave cause it conflicts with curse, which gives him giant defense. iron head gets really strong after a few curses, but seismic toss is for resistant foes. rest is the same as your set. you could also go with 252 sdef if you want it to have both defenses really good, but you already have chansey as a special wall.

Shouldn't this be in the competitive section?

EDIT: and why rollout on azumarill? it's so bad imo. ice punch>rollout.

Last edited:

multi-scale

Rotom isn't OU anymore?
Return should be used on Azumarill to get Water-Normal coverage. I ce Punch should be used for Dragons and Grass Types. Put those as your last two moves, unless you really need Waterfall.
HP Fighting on Espeon gives it Ghost-Fighting coverage, which is perfect.

Team Updates:

Espeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EV: 252 Sp.A/252 Spd/4 Hp

~ HP (Fighting)
~ Psychic
~ Shadow Ball
~ Morning Sun

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adament
EV: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Hp

~ Ice Punch
~ Return
~ Aqua Jet
~ Superpower

Registeel @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ab: Clear Body
EV: 252 Def/252 Hp/252 Sp.D

~ Iron Head
~ Curse
~ S-Rocks
~ S-Toss

Thanks everyone and I hope to get the best out of this team!

Vandslaux

Um... Registeel has 756 EVs. o.0