• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

First Wifi Team (Help Will Be Rewarded)

Well, the time has come for me to swallow my pride and come to you fabulous trainers for advice. On what should be fairly obvious (given the location of this thread), but for those lost or a little special: I need some critique for a team I'm forming.

Let me start out by saying I have no experience on wifi battles. At all. Before a few months or so ago, I didn't even know what a Sweeper was. But, now thats all changed (of course).

Over the past two weeks I've formulated a team using what I've learned and my own reasoning. Thats where I fail to trust myself. I have no experience in battles, so I fear a bunch of my logic will... not... really... work so well when its put to the test.

Being I still count as a newbie and this team will probably suck, try not to laugh too hard or bang your head against the desk too violently. Patience is a fine friend; and maybe with it we can transform what I have here into one mean team.

...Maybe.

Alright, here we go!

[EDIT]
Alright, thanks to you all, I reconstructed the team a second time. In this version, there were, of course, changes. One of the larger adaptations this time was ditching the whole Rain Dance deal. With that decision came a lot of debating, and two team members were removed in the process. Those two were Floatzel and Ludicolo. From how I see it, it was the right thing to do.

Why ditch Floatzel? I was really relying on Swift Swim to ensure conquering speed. Without the boost, Floatz was just too slow to Sweep. I feel its replacement will do a much better job then it could, so it was relieved of its spot on the squad.

Why ditch Ludicolo? When I was choosing Ludi, it was between him and another pokemon. The Rain Dance was the only reason Ludi won, so without it, the next choice was MUCH better. Ludicolo just couldn't do its job as well as my next choice, so it was replaced.

This version doesn't carry as much Move Set changes, so I didn't need to edit much there. I think we're getting to the final stage, everyone!

As it stands, I have a strategy going with these guys. Lets send 'um through the critique stage once more and see if we come back up more successful. Hopefully, V4 will be the last update!

TEAM V3

Gliscor.png

Gliscor @ Yache Berry
{Physical Wall, Opener}
Impish natured - Hyper Cutter
EVs - 252 Defense, 250 HP, 8 Attack.
+
o Roost
o Earthquake / Counter / Payback
o Ice Fang / Thunder Fang
o U-Turn

* Held Item - The weakness to Ice was REALLY scaring me, obviously.
* Nature - Since they'll be Physical walling, the Defense boost is crucial.
* EVs - Other then Defense, I'm clueless with its spread. I don't know if I should bother with Speed since I'll probably be outran no matter what I do. Help?
* Moveset - Yep, going with an offensive Opener. But, its pretty obvious I'm not anywhere near sure with the moveset.

Firstly, there's Earthquake / Counter / Payback. I had Weavile in mind with Counter (with all those opening Weaviles out there). Since I'm slower no mater what, I can eat that Yache berry (thus keeping me in the game) and counter. Weavile's weakness to Fighting and its low defense might 1HKO it. Hopefully. I don't know, you guys tell me.

For Earthquake, I obviously have STAB, and its nice to take out Mixape and such. But there's also Payback, which turns my lack of speed into a miracle. Especially against Gegar, a common opener. Not certain I need Earthquake, considering its already covered by another team member.

Now for Ice Fang VS Thunder Fang. Thunder for Gyarados and Ice for Dragon leads. NO CLUE which I should pick. Helppp.

U-Turn is there to switch in without wasting a turn, obviously.

Jolteon.png

Jolteon @ Wise Glasses / Shed Shell
{Special Sweeper}
Timid natured - Volt absorb
EVs - 252 Sp Atc, 252 Speed, 6 HP.
+
o Thunderbolt
o Shadow Ball
o HP Grass
o Thunderwave / Hyper Beam

* Held Item - Urm. Depends on the move I choose.
* Nature - I've come to the conclusion that speed is more important then her attack power.
* EVs - Pretty secure on her spread. I need her fast and deadly.
* Moveset - We all know Thunder has 100 percent accuracy in rain, but relying on a Rain Dance might not be such a nice idea. Geh, I still don't know.

I'm not so sure on that last move, obviously. I don't know when it'd get the chance to Thunderwave, really. Its too fragile to waste a turn paralyzing the foe (above all, Bliss is running it.) Maybe I should stick hyper beam there and switch out the turn after (hence the Shed Shell.)

Aerodactyl.png

Aerodactyl @ Wide Lens / Choice Band
{Physical Sweeper}
Jolly natured - Rock Head
EVs - 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP.
+
o Stone Edge / Crunch
o Ice Fang
o Fire Fang
o Earthquake

* Held Item - If Wide Lens is illegal, is the other choice suitable?
* Nature - Not much can outrun Jolly Aerodactyl, 'nough said.
* EVs - Pretty secure on its spread, too.
* Moveset - I'm still really shaky with Stone Edge - considering its painfully low accuracy and PP. I'm pretty confident on the rest of the set, though. Ice Fang for Dragon and Glisc coverage, Fire for Weavile and Steels, and Earthquake to seal any type threats.

Umbreon.png

Umbreon @ Leftovers
{Mixed Wall, Setter}
Bold natured - Synchronize
EVs - 252 Defense, 172 Sp Def, 86 HP.
+
o Mean Look
o Yawn
o Wish
o Baton Pass

* Held Item - Since its walling, Leftovers is nice.
* Nature - I'm not positive on this, but since Umbre's defense is lower then its special, I gave it a bold nature. My only concern is the stat boost. With it, her defenses will totally grow unbalanced (being I have the EVs calculated to make the two equal.) Anybody know the exact percent natures help their stat?
* EVs - Read above. If anybody could calculate a spread that would make both defenses equal, I'd love them forever.
* Moveset - Pretty certain on it now. I have a strategy planned, so changing it might mix up things.

Sceptile.png

Sceptile @ Leftovers
{Annoyer / Drainer}
Bold natured - Overgrow
EVs - 200 HP, 112 Defense, 112 Sp Def, 84 Sp Atk. .
+
o Leech Seed
o Substitute
o Giga Drain
o Focus Blast

* Held Item - Leftovers = Annoying on a drainer. AKA, perfect.
* Nature - Bold because its Defense needs more help then special.
* EVs - No clue on the spread. Helppp.
* Moveset - Pretty sure on this moveset. Substitute to ensure Focus Punch and annoy - Leech Seed and Giga Drain to continually sap off my foe. Any blaring problems?

Blissey.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
{Healer /Special Wall}
Bold / Calm Natured - Natural Cure
EVs - 252 Defense, 250 HP, 8 Sp Atc / 250 HP, 252 Sp Def, 8 Sp Atc.
+
o Aromatherapy
o Thunderwave
o Softboiled
o Ice Beam

* Held Item - Pretty sure on this.
* Nature - A debate has sprung. Bold or Calm Bliss, guys? I'm leaning towards Bold, but...
* EVs - It all comes down to the nature. First goes with Bold, second with Calm.
* Moveset - Using what you guys told me, I'm pretty confident with the set now.

Now for whole-team-oriented questions.

* Will Gliscor stand well as an opener? Is it a good idea to lay my physical wall in the beginning of the battle like that? Does it have the power and stats to lead?
* Is there any role I shouldn't be missing? I got the obvious sweepers and healers, but is there any other role I should consider in place of a current member?
* Can you see these guys working together? Is there any support seen between members? Is there any obvious core that would totally shut down the squad if it were to be taken out?

So, critique away. I know that was painfully long (no shame to those who TL;DR me), but I want to be sure on this.

Thank you SO MUCH if you decide to help.

YOUR REWARD

Since I'm the grateful type and familiar with the arts, if you want a drawing in return for your assistance I'll be more then happy to make you something! However, I don't know if it will be anything beyond a sketch (yet.) Art block fails. A lot.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!

TEAM V1 & V2
Code:

[[B]VERSION ONE[/B]]

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Lopunny.png[/IMG]
[B]Lopunny[/B] @ ????
Jolly natured - Cute Charm
EVs - 252 Speed, 120 Defense, 72 Sp Def, 64 Attack, 2 HP.
+
o [B]Rain Dance[/B]
o [B]----[/B]
o [B]Baton Pass[/B]
o [B]Ice Punch[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - All I can say is: Help. (Get used to seeing this message)
* [B]Nature[/B] - Pretty positive I want her to be Jolly. She needs to be fast to get her work done.
* [B]EVs[/B] - I'm still clueless with what I really want from her spread. I know the speed is given, but I'm sketchy on the rest. Help?
* [B]Moveset[/B] - Her moveset is shaky, too. All I know is I want her to Rain Dance and Baton Pass. Before you call me crazy, look at the rest of the team and decide if its a nice call. The ---- is there for its now an empty slot for the time being.

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Jolteon.png[/IMG]
[B]Jolteon[/B] @ ????
Modest natured - Volt absorb
EVs - 252 Sp Atc, 252 Speed, 2 HP.
+
o [B]Thunder[/B]
o [B]Shadow Ball[/B]
o [B]Thunderwave / Thunderbolt[/B]
o [B]Rest[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - All I can say is: Help. 
* [B]Nature[/B] - I want her to be modest, being she needs a special attack boost more then a speed one. 
* [B]EVs[/B] - Pretty secure on her spread. I need her fast and deadly. 
* [B]Moveset[/B] - We all know Thunder has 100 percent accuracy in rain, but relying on a rain dance might not be such a nice idea. And then there's the Thunderbolt / Thunderwave debate. I love how Thundewave never misses (and has five more PP then Thunderbolt), but Thunderbolt is so much more stronger then it. Perhaps I should ditch Thunder for one of the two. I don't know. However, other then the two electric attacks, I'm pretty positive on the other two moves.

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Floatzel.png[/IMG]
[B]Floatzel[/B] @ ????
Adamant natured - Swift Swim
EVs - 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 2 HP.
+
o [B]Waterfall[/B]
o [B]Brick Break[/B]
o [B]Ice Fang[/B]
o [B]Dig[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - All I can say is: Help. Please.
* [B]Nature[/B] - Same reasoning as the Jolteon. 
* [B]EVs[/B] - Pretty secure on her spread, too.
* [B]Moveset[/B] - If that Rain Dance is in effect, swift swim will allow it to outrun almost anything. Also, I'm pretty happy with this moveset (its well ranged and I got STAB on Waterfall.) But, you guys are the experts. Any problems? 

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Umbreon.png[/IMG]
[B]Umbreon[/B] @ ????
+
o [B]Mean Look[/B]
o [B]Yawn[/B]
o [B]Dream Eater[/B]
o [B]Toxic[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - All I can say is: Help. Please and thank you.
* [B]Nature[/B] - I'm not positive on this, but since Umbre's defense is lower then its special, I gave it a bold nature. My only concern is the stat boost. With it, her defenses will totally grow unbalanced (being I have the EVs calculated to make the two equal.) Anybody know the exact percent natures help their stat?
* [B]EVs[/B] - Read above. If anybody could calculate a spread that would make both defenses equal, I'd love them forever. 
* [B]Moveset[/B] - My Umbreon could be something of a lurer if I worked it properly, but its mainly a drainer. That Toxic is thrown in there since Dreameater will only steadidly chew away from the foes HP (being Umbre's base special attack is low and I won't be bothering to spread some EVs to it. Or should I?) 

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Togekiss.png[/IMG]
[B]Togekiss[/B] @ ????
Timid natured - Serene Grace
EVs - 252 Speed, 218 HP, 40 Defense.
+
o [B]Wish[/B]
o [B]Baton Pass[/B]
o [B]Rest / Roost[/B]
o [B]Aura Sphere[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - All I can say is: Help. Please and thank you with a poffin on top.
* [B]Nature[/B] - I'm pretty sure Timid is the way to go. She'll need the speed boost.
* [B]EVs[/B] - More Wallish pokemon, yeah. She needs to last in order to heal!
* [B]Moveset[/B] - I'm debating over Rest and Roost. Which is the better choice? I don't have the sleep drawback with roost (I think), but Rest fully recovers. Plus, those pesky ground attacks could hit her after roosting. Other then that, I'm pretty sure on the moveset. 

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Blissey.png[/IMG]
[B]Blissey[/B] @ ????
Bold Natured - Natural Cure
EVs - 252 Defense, 250 HP, 8 Sp Atc.
+
o [B]Aromatherapy[/B] 
o [B]Healing Wish[/B]
o [B]Softboiled[/B]
o [B]Psychic[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - All I can say is: Help. Please and thank you with a poffin on top and... and... I give up. 
* [B]Nature[/B] - Positive on this. The poor thing needs all the help in defense it can get. XD;
* [B]EVs[/B] - Pretty positive on this, too. 
* [B]Moveset[/B] - I like psychic in there (for those mean fighters) and Aromatherapy, but are the other two nice choices? 

[[B]VERSION TWO[/B]]

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Gliscor.png[/IMG]
[B]Gliscor[/B] @ Yache Berry
{Physical Wall, Opener}
Impish natured - Hyper Cutter
EVs - 252 Defense, ????
+
o [B]Rain Dance / Roost[/B]
o [B]Earthquake / Counter[/B]
o [B]Ice Fang / Thunder Fang[/B]
o [B]U-Turn[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - The weakness to Ice was REALLY scaring me, obviously. 
* [B]Nature[/B] - Since they'll be Physical walling, the Defense boost is crucial.
* [B]EVs[/B] - Other then Defense, I'm clueless with its spread. I don't know if I should bother with Speed since I'll probably be outran no matter what I do. Help?
* [B]Moveset[/B] - Yep, going with an offensive Opener. But, its pretty obvious I'm not anywhere near sure with the moveset. 

First things first. I'm not sure if I should have Glisc Rain Dance or allow my Umbre to take the responsibility. I doubt I'll be setting to sweep right away, so Rain Dance might be a waste of a slot. Roost allows me to regain health when I'm walling later on, too. 

Then there's Earthquake / Counter. I had Weavile in mind with Counter (with all those opening Weaviles out there). Since I'm slower no mater what, I can eat that Yache berry (thus keeping me in the game) and counter. Weavile's weakness to Fighting and its low defense might 1HKO it. Hopefully. I don't know, you guys tell me. For Earthquake, I obviously have STAB, and its nice to take out Mixape and such.

Now for Ice Fang VS Thunder Fang. Thunder for Gyarados and Ice for Dragon leads. NO CLUE which I should pick. Helppp.

U-Turn is there to switch in without wasting a turn, obviously. 

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Jolteon.png[/IMG]
[B]Jolteon[/B] @ Wise Glasses / Leftovers
{Special Sweeper}
+
o [B]Thunder[/B]
o [B]Shadow Ball[/B]
o [B]Thunderbolt[/B]
o [B]HP Grass / Rest[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - Urm.
* [B]Nature[/B] - Forgot to change to Timid. I've come to the conclusion that speed is more important then her attack power.
* [B]EVs[/B] - Pretty secure on her spread. I need her fast and deadly. 
* [B]Moveset[/B] - We all know Thunder has 100 percent accuracy in rain, but relying on a Rain Dance might not be such a nice idea. Geh, I still don't know.

Alright, now for the two last ones. I'm trying to decide between HP Grass (not Ice because Floatz is handling it) and Rest. I think the recovery move is pretty wise IF I decide to run without a Wisher. Other then that, HP Grass. But you guys tell me. 

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Floatzel.png[/IMG]
[B]Floatzel[/B] @ Choice Band
{Physical Sweeper}
+
o [B]Waterfall[/B]
o [B]Brick Break[/B]
o [B]Ice Fang[/B]
o [B]Crunch[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - Really not sure on this. Advice?
* [B]Nature[/B] - Should I change it to Jolly or keep it Adamant? If that Rain Dance is in effect, Swift Swim will allow it to outrun almost anything as it is. But I don't know. 
* [B]EVs[/B] - Pretty secure on its spread, too.
* [B]Moveset[/B] - I took your guys advice and replaced Dig with Crunch. I'm pretty happy with this moveset (its well ranged and I got STAB on Waterfall.) But, you guys are the experts. 

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Umbreon.png[/IMG]
[B]Umbreon[/B] @ Leftovers
{Mixed Wall, Setter}
+
o [B]Mean Look[/B]
o [B]Yawn[/B]
o [B]Toxic / Substitute / Wish / Rain Dance[/B]
o [B]Baton Pass[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - Since its walling, Leftovers is nice. 
* [B]Nature[/B] - I'm not positive on this, but since Umbre's defense is lower then its special, I gave it a bold nature. My only concern is the stat boost. With it, her defenses will totally grow unbalanced (being I have the EVs calculated to make the two equal.) Anybody know the exact percent natures help their stat?
* [B]EVs[/B] - Read above. If anybody could calculate a spread that would make both defenses equal, I'd love them forever. 
* [B]Moveset[/B] - Here's the Rain Dance responsibility thing again. If Glisc is handling it, I get to choose between Toxic, Wish and Substitute. I like passing on the Substitute a little more then poisoning them, but which is the more wise call?  And then, the more I'm thinking about it, passing on a Wish might be better then both of them. Help? 

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Ludicolo.png[/IMG]
[B]Ludicolo[/B] @ Leftovers
{Annoyer / Drainer} 
Bold natured - Rain Dish
EVs - 200 HP, 112 Defense, 112 Sp Def, 84 Sp Atk. .
+
o [B]Leech Seed[/B]
o [B]Substitute [/B]
o [B]Giga Drain[/B]
o [B]Focus Blast[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - A combination of Rain Dish and Leftovers = Annoying. AKA, perfect.
* [B]Nature[/B] - Bold because its Defense needs more help then special. 
* [B]EVs[/B] - No clue on the spread. Helppp.
* [B]Moveset[/B] - Pretty sure on this moveset. Substitute to ensure Focus Punch and annoy - Leech Seed and Giga Drain to continually sap off my foe. Ludi will really shine if its raining, giving another team member (other then the sweepers) a plus during the Dance. But, are there any blaring problems? 

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ShadowCat78191/Pokemon%20Teams/Blissey.png[/IMG]
[B]Blissey[/B] @ Leftovers
{Healer /Special Wall}
Calm Natured - Natural Cure
+
o [B]Aromatherapy[/B] 
o [B]Ice Beam / Grass Knot[/B]
o [B]Softboiled[/B]
o [B]Thunderwave[/B]

* [B]Held Item[/B] - Pretty sure on this. 
* [B]Nature[/B] - Taking advice - rather help her strength then a weakness that can only be brought up to below average. 
* [B]EVs[/B] - Same case as the nature. Should I spend more in Special Attack, however? 
* [B]Moveset[/B] - Using what you guys told me, I'm pretty confident with the set now. Well, save for the debate between Ice Beam and Grass Knot. Pretty sure I want Ice Beam more, but you guys are the experts.

Last edited:

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team

Lopunny.png

Lopunny @ leftovers/focus sash
+
o Rain Dance
o attract/swords dance(does it learn this?)/toxic/return
o Baton Pass (if it learns swords dance)/ sky uppercut
o Ice Punch

Jolteon.png

Jolteon @ life orb
+
o Thunder
o Shadow Ball
o Thunderwave
o sub/HP ice, ground or fighting

Floatzel.png

Floatzel @ choice band (or whatever the choice item is that boosts attk
+
o Waterfall
o Brick Break
o Ice Fang
o crunch

Umbreon.png

Umbreon @ leftovers
+
o Mean Look
o Yawn
o dark pulse/sub
o Toxic

Togekiss.png

Togekiss @ leftovers/life orb
EVs - 252 Speed, 252 sp attk, 6 hp or def
+
o roost
o Baton Pass
o airslash
o Aura Sphere/grass knot

Blissey.png

Blissey @leftovers
+
o Aromatherapy
o Healing Wish
o Softboiled
o ice beam

anyways my suggestions arnt really the best, but im pretty comfident with most of them, togekiss doesnt need 2 healing moves.aura sphere hits rock, steel, ice, dark and normal types, most notibly weavile (whom you prob wont out run anyways @_@) and tyranitar. grass knot however also hits bulky waters and ground types, so your choice. double team is banned from wifi matches. just use PP ups on jolteon and itll be fine. anyways GL. (btw wait for more suggestions as im not the best of fighters, but im 100% certain on most of the suggestions)

Last edited:
anyways my suggestions arnt really the best, but im pretty comfident with most of them, togekiss doesnt need 2 (i think you had 3 0_o) healing moves.aura sphere hits rock, steel, ice, dark and normal types, most notibly weavile (whom you prob wont out run anyways @_@) and tyranitar. grass knot however also hits bulky waters and ground types, so your choice. double team is banned from wifi matches. just use PP ups on jolteon and itll be fine. anyways GL. (btw wait for more suggestions as im not the best of fighters, but im 100% certain on most of the suggestions)

Thank you so much for your help! I'll take a lot of what you said into consideration.

To defend my Togekiss a bit, Wish was really there to heal the rest of the team, not herself (thats why I stuck that baton pass there.) But, I see the truth in your words. She could always use Wish on herself if she needed it, she has the defenses to stay in the game before it works (hopefully).

Oh, and, my Umbreon wouldn't be a drainer without that dreameater. Thats why I snuck that one in there. Even if it doesn't hit hard, it does its job. BUT, I'm giving everything you said thought.

Go ahead and PM me with your drawing request. c: Thank you again!

Last edited:

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
The rain isn't necessary for your team, just go with Thunderbolt on Jolteon. Lead with it since almost nothing outspeeds and it can pull off a quick Thunder Wave.

-Lopunny is best used to trick an item onto a pokemon that won't like it (Flame orb onto Garchomp is an example). Double Team is banned.

-Thunderbolt on Jolteon, and HP Ice. Thunder Wave + Baton Pass. TIMID.

-Go with Bulk Up over Dig on Floatzel. Meh, I don't know too much about it, though.

-Umbreon is better as a trapper. Mean Look / Baton Pass / Wish / Toxic. Just Calm and Max HP and Sp.Def.

-Togekiss needs Calm and same EVs as Umbreon. It is bulky enough to take a hit as it Wishes, and Baton Pass isn't exactly needed to pass the Wish. If Umbreon runs Wish instead, you can use the flinch hax set.

-Healing Wish is a terrible move for something as crucial as Blissey. Softboiled / Ice Beam / Thunder Wave / Seismic Toss will work.

You lack any real physical defense. Umbreon can go for Bronzong or something. I may post more later.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
The rain isn't necessary for your team, just go with Thunderbolt on Jolteon. Lead with it since almost nothing outspeeds and it can pull off a quick Thunder Wave.

-Lopunny is best used to trick an item onto a pokemon that won't like it (Flame orb onto Garchomp is an example). Double Team is banned.

-Go with Bulk Up over Dig on Floatzel. Meh, I don't know too much about it, though.

-Umbreon is better as a trapper. Mean Look / Baton Pass / Wish / Toxic. Just Calm and Max HP and Sp.Def.

-Togekiss needs Calm and same EVs as Umbreon. It is bulky enough to take a hit as it Wishes, and Baton Pass isn't exactly needed to pass the Wish. If Umbreon runs Wish instead, you can use the flinch hax set.

-Healing Wish is a terrible move for something as crucial as Blissey. Softboiled / Ice Beam / Thunder Wave / Seismic Toss will work.

You lack any real physical defense. Umbreon can go for Bronzong or something. I may post more later.

actully the rain dance thing is pretty smart, it ensures NOTHING can out speed flotzel, powers up its water fall, and gives jolteon a 100% thunder.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
That's really it though...nothing else takes advantage of it.

Currently taking a lot of what you said into thought. While your suggestions sort of bend the roles of what I had planned for each, I'm most definitely open to it.

Although, I'm pretty positive Blissey is unable to Seismic Toss. I wanted to give her the move at first but it apparently can't learn it.

Thank you so much! Go ahead and PM me with your drawing request. c:

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Blissey's Seismic Toss is an Emerald Tutor move.

I like the Rain Dance because, when it all comes down to it, the team needs the sweepers to do the best of their ability. The rain dance enhances both of my planned Sweepers (Jolteon + Floatzel) abilities so... Yeah. But, thats just what I see right now.

VERY stupid question, but HP stands for Hidden Power, correct?

Hm. I'll have to look into some solid Physical defense. Maybe something that could benefit from rain dance, too. If there IS anything out there like that. I'll look into it.

Strants

Coincidentally, I was thinking about making a rain dance team earlier today. I'll give you some tips.
-Loppuny. . . isn't that good. I'd suggest a Toxicroak with life orb, since dry skin heals off all the LO damage.
-You have three special(ish) walls, but no physical walls. Maybe a bronzong over umbreon (as starterlover1 suggested) would work. It'd even be a good lead, as it can learn rain dance.
-you don't NEED baton pass to give wish to partners.

Tyrandrone

~Larvitar Lover~
Personally for Umbreon i suggest you keeping meanlook and yawn but swapping both of its attacks for a Baton pass and a weakening move like Fake tears,Tickle, or screech. This would be more acceptable because of umbreons weak attacking abilities. Also with this move set you would be able to soften up your opponent and take him down by baton passing to a much stronger pokemon and allowing that to take care of your opponent. I personally don't use Umbreon as an attacker....its stats really just aren't set up for it have a 60 something base Atk and SpA...although it does well when it comes to softening up your opponent and with high EV's in both Def and SpD You can keep her in for a long time because she has like a base 1?? in both of those stats. Just keep in mind their stats and their favorable abilities.

Coincidentally, I was thinking about making a rain dance team earlier today. I'll give you some tips.
-Loppuny. . . isn't that good. I'd suggest a Toxicroak with life orb, since dry skin heals off all the LO damage.
-You have three special(ish) walls, but no physical walls. Maybe a bronzong over umbreon (as starterlover1 suggested) would work. It'd even be a good lead, as it can learn rain dance.
-you don't NEED baton pass to give wish to partners.

Oh! I really like that Toxicroak idea. A lot. I might just take it up.

As for ditching the Umbreon, I'm considering it.

Personally for Umbreon i suggest you keeping meanlook and yawn but swapping both of its attacks for a Baton pass and a weakening move like Fake tears,Tickle, or screech. This would be more acceptable because of umbreons weak attacking abilities. Also with this move set you would be able to soften up your opponent and take him down by baton passing to a much stronger pokemon and allowing that to take care of your opponent. I personally don't use Umbreon as an attacker....its stats really just aren't set up for it have a 60 something base Atk and SpA...although it does well when it comes to softening up your opponent and with high EV's in both Def and SpD You can keep her in for a long time because she has like a base 1?? in both of those stats. Just keep in mind their stats and their favorable abilities.

Does Mean look carry on with Baton Pass (it doesn't, I think)? But I really like that approach on it, considering Umbre has the defenses to back it up.

---

Thanks to both of you! I'm really liking everything you guys are saying. If you want to take me up on that drawing request, you can send me a PM. I'm just so thankful. XD

Xinjust

Veteran Brawler
Lopunny.png

Lopunny @ ????
+
o Rain Dance
o ----
o Baton Pass
o Ice Punch

* Held Item - All I can say is: Help. (Get used to seeing this message)
* Nature - Pretty positive I want her to be Jolly. She needs to be fast to get her work done.
* EVs - I'm still clueless with what I really want from her spread. I know the speed is given, but I'm sketchy on the rest. Help?
* Moveset - Her moveset is shaky, too. All I know is I want her to Rain Dance and Baton Pass. Before you call me crazy, look at the rest of the team and decide if its a nice call. The ---- is there for its now an empty slot for the time being.

Jolteon.png

Jolteon @ Leftovers
+
o Thunder
o Shadow Ball
o Hidden Power Ice/Grass (Preferably Ice)
o Substitue/Baton Pass

Floatzel.png

Floatzel @ Life Orb
+
o Waterfall
o Brick Break
o Ice Fang
o Crunch

Umbreon.png

Umbreon @ Leftovers
+
o Mean Look
o Wish/Moonlight
o Substitue/Baton Pass/Dark Pulse
o Toxic

Togekiss.png

Togekiss @ Leftovers
+
o Nasty Ploat/Tri Attack/Hidden Power Ice
o Air Slash
o Roost/Flamethrower
o Aura Sphere

Blissey.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm Natured - Natural Cure
+
o Aromatherapy
o Ice Beam
o Softboiled
o Thunder Wave

Well changes are obviously in red and I feel I should mention you might Togekiss to be modest and Jolteon to be Timid but if thats the way you want them to be ok, just thought I should mention it. I didn't touc Lopunny because as mentioned before Bronzong would be a better start since it's resistant to all your weaknesses:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD(standard smogon EV spread but you can change it if you want)

Rain Dance
Toxic
Hypnosis
Earthquake/Stealth Rock

and another thing is I didnt touch your EV spreads since Im not a genius at EVs so I'll just leave that to you lol. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Blissey needs to be Calm WAY more instead of Bold since absolutely nothing can help poor Blissey's DEF D=

Last edited:

Tyrandrone

~Larvitar Lover~
Oh! I really like that Toxicroak idea. A lot. I might just take it up.

As for ditching the Umbreon, I'm considering it.

Does Mean look carry on with Baton Pass (it doesn't, I think)? But I really like that approach on it, considering Umbre has the defenses to back it up.

---

Thanks to both of you! I'm really liking everything you guys are saying. If you want to take me up on that drawing request, you can send me a PM. I'm just so thankful. XD

If it doesn't (im not sure but i doubt it does) just switch in with a dugtrio useing arena trap and use attacks like earthquake or try to fissure it to death while its asleep.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Baton Pass does pass the effects of Mean Look. Trap, switch to a counter / use it as setup fodder, take it out.

Blissey needs to be Calm WAY more instead of Bold since absolutely nothing can help poor Blissey's DEF D=
It actually does help quite a bit. Assuming Bold, use 146 HP / 252 Def / 108 SDef for Blissey, or you can be boring and go 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 wherever. The first is superior, imo.

Edit: As stated already, this isn't a good Rain Dancing team. Seeing how you seem to want Rain Dance, I suggest you start over and make a real Rain Dancing team.

Last edited:
Well, the time has come for me to swallow my pride and come to you fabulous trainers for advice. On what should be fairly obvious (given the location of this thread), but for those lost or a little special: I need some critique for a team I'm forming.

Let me start out by saying I have no experience on wifi battles. At all. Before a few months or so ago, I didn't even know what a Sweeper was. But, now thats all changed (of course).

Over the past two weeks I've formulated a team using what I've learned and my own reasoning. Thats where I fail to trust myself. I have no experience in battles, so I fear a bunch of my logic will... not... really... work so well when its put to the test.

Being I still count as a newbie and this team will probably suck, try not to laugh too hard or bang your head against the desk too violently. Patience is a fine friend; and maybe with it we can transform what I have here into one mean team.

...Maybe.

Alright, here we go!

Lopunny.png

Lopunny @ ????
+
o Rain Dance
o ----
o Baton Pass
o Ice Punch

* Held Item - All I can say is: Help. (Get used to seeing this message)
* Nature - Pretty positive I want her to be Jolly. She needs to be fast to get her work done.
* EVs - I'm still clueless with what I really want from her spread. I know the speed is given, but I'm sketchy on the rest. Help?
* Moveset - Her moveset is shaky, too. All I know is I want her to Rain Dance and Baton Pass. Before you call me crazy, look at the rest of the team and decide if its a nice call. The ---- is there for its now an empty slot for the time being.

Jolteon.png

Jolteon @ ????
+
o Thunder
o Shadow Ball
o Thunderwave / Thunderbolt
o Rest

* Held Item - All I can say is: Help.
* Nature - I want her to be modest, being she needs a special attack boost more then a speed one.
* EVs - Pretty secure on her spread. I need her fast and deadly.
* Moveset - We all know Thunder has 100 percent accuracy in rain, but relying on a rain dance might not be such a nice idea. And then there's the Thunderbolt / Thunderwave debate. I love how Thundewave never misses (and has five more PP then Thunderbolt), but Thunderbolt is so much more stronger then it. Perhaps I should ditch Thunder for one of the two. I don't know. However, other then the two electric attacks, I'm pretty positive on the other two moves.

Floatzel.png

Floatzel @ ????
+
o Waterfall
o Brick Break
o Ice Fang
o Dig

* Held Item - All I can say is: Help. Please.
* Nature - Same reasoning as the Jolteon.
* EVs - Pretty secure on her spread, too.
* Moveset - If that Rain Dance is in effect, swift swim will allow it to outrun almost anything. Also, I'm pretty happy with this moveset (its well ranged and I got STAB on Waterfall.) But, you guys are the experts. Any problems?

Umbreon.png

Umbreon @ ????
+
o Mean Look
o Yawn
o Dream Eater
o Toxic

* Held Item - All I can say is: Help. Please and thank you.
* Nature - I'm not positive on this, but since Umbre's defense is lower then its special, I gave it a bold nature. My only concern is the stat boost. With it, her defenses will totally grow unbalanced (being I have the EVs calculated to make the two equal.) Anybody know the exact percent natures help their stat?
* EVs - Read above. If anybody could calculate a spread that would make both defenses equal, I'd love them forever.
* Moveset - My Umbreon could be something of a lurer if I worked it properly, but its mainly a drainer. That Toxic is thrown in there since Dreameater will only steadidly chew away from the foes HP (being Umbre's base special attack is low and I won't be bothering to spread some EVs to it. Or should I?)

Togekiss.png

Togekiss @ ????
+
o Wish
o Baton Pass
o Rest / Roost
o Aura Sphere

* Held Item - All I can say is: Help. Please and thank you with a poffin on top.
* Nature - I'm pretty sure Timid is the way to go. She'll need the speed boost.
* EVs - More Wallish pokemon, yeah. She needs to last in order to heal!
* Moveset - I'm debating over Rest and Roost. Which is the better choice? I don't have the sleep drawback with roost (I think), but Rest fully recovers. Plus, those pesky ground attacks could hit her after roosting. Other then that, I'm pretty sure on the moveset.

Blissey.png

Blissey @ ????
+
o Aromatherapy
o Healing Wish
o Softboiled
o Psychic

* Held Item - All I can say is: Help. Please and thank you with a poffin on top and... and... I give up.
* Nature - Positive on this. The poor thing needs all the help in defense it can get. XD;
* EVs - Pretty positive on this, too.
* Moveset - I like psychic in there (for those mean fighters) and Aromatherapy, but are the other two nice choices?

Now for whole-team-oriented questions.

* Who should be my opener? I'm pretty sure it would be Lopunny, but there are a lot of worries paired with that decision. What type of approach would be best wired for the team?
* Is there any role I shouldn't be missing? I got the obvious sweepers and healers, but is there any other role I should consider in place of a current member?
* Can you see these guys working together? Is there any support seen between members? Is there any obvious core that would totally shut down the squad if it were to be taken out?

So, critique away. I know that was painfully long (no shame to those who TL;DR me), but I want to be sure on this.

Thank you SO MUCH if you decide to help.

YOUR REWARD

Since I'm the grateful type and familiar with the arts, if you want a drawing in return for your assistance I'll be more then happy to make you something! However, I don't know if it will be anything beyond a sketch (yet.) Art block fails. A lot.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!

Lopunny: Item - Focus Sash
Move - Agility for sweeping Kiss, Buizel, and Jolteon. Defense Curl for Umbreon. Which one do you want more?

Jolteon: Lum Berry - makes up for lack of rest.
Replace Thunder with T-wave. Jolt is pretty frail. Rest should be replaced with HP Ice if possible, for ground and dragon coverage.

Floatzel: Dig will be bad without SS. If they're faster, then Earthquake will kill you.

Umbreon: Pretty Good. But why Dreameater? Put Confuse ray on there. Yawn is to force switches. Trap with mean look, then confuse ray. BP the Mean look to Jolt and T-wav to Parafuse the opponant

Togekiss: Replace Roost/Rest with Air Slash

Blissey: Pretty good, but can you get Seismic Toss on it at all?

Opener would be best as Lopunny. Rain Dance and then, if possible, Agility(Preference)/DC. Then BP to a sweeper/Umbreon.
You may consider a devoted status inflictor, but you should operate efficiently enough without one.
Weaknesses: Fighting types, or strong Physical sweepers can kill half of your team without Defense Curl, but Kiss Walls. And a BoltBeamer kills another half, but Blissey walls them. Mix ape could cause problems, but it's balanced. Without RD your team is crippled though, so beware of T-Tar, Hippo, and Aboma. Hope I helped.

Last edited:

Revengent

Fiddlesticks *snaps*
Ah, seems like everyone has pretty much dished out all the pointers. But I have suggestion. Maybe you don't need to max out in speed for Floatzel, because it has good speed to begin with and swift swim activated, it would still be fast with only say...140 EVs in speed?? And invest the others in HP? I know you said you were pretty set on the spread but, you know.

Sorry for taking so long in replying, but I've been really thinking about what all you guys said. A lot. I'm still formulating changes as we speak.

There's one thing I can't bring myself to do, however. Base my whole team around a Rain Dance. It seems too risky. It was originally there to burst the capability of my sweepers, and thats probably all it will stay. I just can't make my foundation something so easily countered.

What happens if I come across a Sandstorm team? Or when the rain dance runs out? I'd have to be clever and constantly be hopping my Rain Dancer back in. What happens when they read me and KO my Dancer? There's too many pots of deep, hot water capable of falling into. My Raindancer would be a core too valuable to lose, and that bugs me.

The plan right now is to set out my opener and scan whatever my opponent is and what its doing. Depending on what I see, I may or may not rain dance right away. I don't want to say my full strategy (being its still maturing a bit), but just know I won't be dancing until my sweepers are needed.

I know its odd -- but isn't it important to at least be a little different in battles? Especially with all the predictable movesets and teams lately?

I cannot thank you all enough, though. You've enlightened me with a lot of pointers and facts. I'm very glad I came on here (finally). Without you, I would of never spotted the holes in the squad or even discovered I was using an illegal move.

I'll be sure to post the team in its second version when I figure it out (if I ever get there; yeesh.)

Thank you all again!

Lopunny @ Choice Specs
Switcheroo
Thunder Wave
Return
Ice Punch

Specseroo for crippling, plus T-Wave. Return for damage, Ice Punch for KOing Dragon leads. EVs all over the place, sort em.

Jolteon @ er...
Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Substitute
Baton Pass

>___>

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Crunch
Return

Lol.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Toxic
Mean Look
Baton Pass
Wish

What??? Dream Eater? are you nuts?

Togekiss @ Life Orb
EVs - 180 Speed, , 218 HP, 128 Sp.Atk
Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Roost
Aura Sphere

Dunno if I got the numbers right.

Blissey @ LEFTOVERS!!!
EVs - 252 Defense, 252 HP, 6 SP.ATK
Softboiled
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock
Aromatherapy

Blissey vs Fighter? Psychic? Healing Wish? WTF?

Removed any unnecessary toss.
Changes in bold.

Lead with Lopunny.
You definitely needed help...the movesets on them...

No good Fighting resists.

Mixape weak, Hera weak, SDCario weak.
Gliscor over something fixes this, but over Umbreon or Togekiss or else Zeeky Boogy Doog.

>___< how much did I need to delete...