• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fish Over Washing Machine Any Day! OU RMT

Scale of 1-10, how good is this team?

Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xenevix

Some Guy
Hello my fellow Serebiians, and welcome to my OU RMT thread with probably the most unique title any of you have seen in a while! Don't worry I'll explain later why it's called that. So! First off I'd like to thank you for stopping by my thread. Second I would like to mention I have feelings too, keep criticism constructive please. And lastly, before I start rambling, let's get to the team!

Team Building Process

171.gif
212.gif

Now all of you are probably wondering about my title. When I first started OU I was hearing all this hype about the famous washing machine: Rotom-W, and how it went so well with Scizor. Well, this stands true but I like Lanturn better for many reasons: I just in general love Lantun because it was one of my first caught pokemon with the super rod in Crystal (or Chinchou I can't remember), I believe it works better than any bulky Rotom-W, gets access to Scald, and access to Heal Bell! When bulky Rotom-W was on my team (I scratched that part of my team building process out) I would get wrecked by all stall teams. Statuses spread left and right was just devastating for me. One simple switch fixed it all: Lanturn over Rotom-W any day. And my team is based around the combination of Scizor and Lanturn; two of my top favorite Pokemon. (Scizor being the first Lanturn being like five.)

171.gif
212.gif
635.gif

Okay so after I saw how well these two worked together I figured that I was free to pick whomever I felt like. I picked Hydreigon because it was one of those fifth gen Pokes I felt obligated to at least try and he gave a real offensive punch to my team. And, being a three-headed dragon thing kind of helped.

171.gif
212.gif
635.gif
232.gif

Number three on my favorite Pokemon list and a great spinner. I noticed that Donphan and rocks is the only legitimate counter to bulky set-up Volcarona at this time so I threw him in the mix because he does it so well. He also gave a great check to Toxicroak in the rain because his EQ is so strong and his natural defensive bulk lets him suck up +2 Drain Punches like a boss.

171.gif
212.gif
635.gif
232.gif
356.gif

Dusclops, the only pokemon that I can think of that only has one eye. He is also a ghost and I try to make it a thing to always have a ghost on my team so that I have the fighting type immunity, because there are so many big threats that are fighting types i.e. Terrakion, Machamp, Conkeldurr, and I always seem to have an issue with them if I do not have a ghost type. My Dusclops is also 500x better than usual Dusclops because mine is friendly! (PM me if you actually get this reference/joke.)

171.gif
212.gif
635.gif
232.gif
356.gif
640.gif

Okay after trying out a few others for the last slot I landed on Virizion because Swampert, Quagsire, and Gastrodon were giving me some issues, all resisted Lanturn and are generally able to withstand Hydreigon's best moves. Virizion also acts as a Ferrothorn counter. I found it amazing as to how many people ragequit when I bring in my Virizion on the obvious Leech Seed to absorb it, and since this Virizion is a special one it doesn't have to worry about Iron Barbs or max Defense. Focus Blast is actually reliable in my opinion.

The Team

171.gif

Lanturn & Leftovers
Nature: Calm (-Attack +Special Defense)
EV’s: +52 HP, +252 Special Attack, +204 Special Defense
Ability: Volt Absorb
Moveset:
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Now most people prefer to use the laundry appliance rather than the fish but I say they’re all fools! Sure Rotom gets Trick but it’s too easy to predict and really lame so Lanturn’s better. Just sayin’. The EV’s allow Lanturn to be quite bulky while packing a punch with its two STAB moves. Now the main role of Lanturn is to spread paralyzation and hand the baton to Scizor usually through the use of Volt Switch, which lets me pick a different Poke if the opponent decides to switch. Scizor finishes off the prey unless it is switched, has tremendous physical bulk, or resists his moves and I picked someone else in the first place i.e. Hydreigon. One side effect I did not anticipate with Lanturn is how well it can combat the hax abusing Jirachi and Togekiss. Neither being able to hit with Thunder Wave due to Volt Absorb makes Lanturn annoying to the annoyers. Lanturn’s Volt Absorb is also fantastic for trapping Jolteon, Rotom-W, the occasional Galvantula, and Zapdos in their tracks. For this reason Lanturn is fantastic in stopping Rain Dance teams. The up-and-coming Tornadus’ or Dragonite’s Hurricane does nothing to it as well. And lastly Lanturn functions as the cleric. Statuses don’t usually affect me much but when there are Toxic Spikes down and Donphan is gone, Heal Bell comes in handy.

212.gif

Scizor & Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (-Special Attack +Attack)
EV’s: +252 Attack, +60 Speed, +196 HP
Ability: Technician
Moveset:
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Completely original I know. But have no fear the EV’s are different. I chose to add 60 EV’s to speed because I want to be unpredictable. There are some slow bulky range that sit right in that range and I want to be able to out speed them, and other Scizors that try to come in and Superpower will get U-Turned on because mine’s faster; which is always convenient. I’m pretty sure you guys know how Scizor works by now, but I want to explain why I chose Brick Break. A while back I watched a YouTube video of a wifi battle in which the poster of the video used a dual screen Raikou. This dual screen support basically won this guy the game because without it his sweepers would have gone down. I had a battle like this like two days after that and decided to switch Superpower for Brick Break because if Scizor becomes the only thing left, or the opponent has screens, or the opponent has found a way to sneak in a Cursing Umbreon in on me, I can stay in and feel all right about it.

635.gif

Hydreigon & Expert Belt
Nature: Modest (-Attack +Special Attack)
EV’s: +252 Special Attack, +252 Speed, +4 HP
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Okay so here is where the real magic happens. This is the kind of set a good battler can use to screw with his opponent’s head. Almost all Hydreigons are choiced; mine, however, is not. The simple switch of a choice item to Expert Belt can make a huge difference. So here’s how it works: it’s a fake Choice Specs set. Super effective move pack a humongous punch with this item and Hydreigon has a lot of coverage. So, the opponent goes, “Whoah! That was a lot of damage, it’s probably Specs’d!” And then sends out something to resist it, but the next Poke they send out is weak to another move of Hydreigon’s so it’s a two in one deal. Okay here’s an example: I fought a guy who had Jellicent. This Jellicent was max HP and Special Defense and was at about 3/4 HP. My Hydreigon can OHKO with Dark Pulse from that range so I did. He then sent in his Cursing Emboar to resist and set up on my “choiced” Dark Pulse. I then use Surf and OHKO his Emboar.

232.gif

Donphan & Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EV’s: +200 HP, +108 Attack, +200 Defense
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset:
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Basically just the hazard setter and spinner; gave it some attack so that less things can switch into it. The only other real function of Donphan is that it takes out those really annoying bulky set up Volcarona. Example: Volcarona comes in on something of mine that can’t hurt it i.e. Virizion. I send in Donphan as the Volcarona goes for the obvious Quiver Dance. Volcarona uses some kind of STAB to get rid of me but it brings me down to my Sturdy instead, and then I destroy it with Stone Edge, which is actually kind of risky because of Stone Edge’s 80% hit rate but whatever. And if Stealth Rocks are up the chances of Volcarona coming in are very slim.

356.gif

Dusclops & Eviolite
Nature: Calm (-Attack +Special Defense)
EV’s: +240 HP, +92 Defense, +176 Special Defense
Ability: Pressure
Moveset:
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split

Ah, the Cyclops Pokemon. You are so ridiculously bulky with Eviolite… And with Taunt you cannot be stalled, you cannot be poisoned, and you cannot be set up on. Dragons fear you'll cut their attack in half with WoW and heavy hitters are going to worry about losing all their PP due to pressure. Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory despise you. And with Night Shade, you can do a somewhat respectable amount of damage. Without you Volcarona could set up all it wants, and because of your Taunt stall teams are rendered ineffective.

640.gif

Virizion & Life Orb
Nature: Modest (-Attack +Special Attack)
EV’s: +160 HP, +96 Special Attack, +252 Speed
Ability: Justified
Moveset:
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Best Focus Blast ever! Now you may look at the EV’s and be all: “Whaaaaaaa?...” But have no fear, they work. Obviously, this set is a CM set-up set, and the best Virizion ever in my opinion. HP is for the extra bulk and more room for Giga Drainage, the speed is because Virizion is actually pretty quick and that would be a shame to waste, and the special attack is to boost the CM boost some more. Life Orb improves Giga Drain recovery and overall offensive prowess. Hidden Power [Ice] is an especially strong asset to this set, as many a Gliscor like to try and wall thinking I’m physical with only CC and Leaf Blade. They only realize that when they switch I use Calm Mind. Also the surprise dragon-type switch is wrecked with Hidden Power [Ice]. Multiscale Dragonite takes about 47% - 53% at full health with +1. Anyway, I’m especially proud of this set.

Dory (Lanturn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SAtk / 204 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell

Tijera (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Malfoy (Hydreigon) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Tiamara (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Babar (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 200 HP / 108 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Casper (Dusclops) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

All constructive rates are appreciated and all will be considered. Threat list is pending and maybe a synergy chart. :) Thanks and have a nice day!
Oh and don't forget to rate at the top in the poll on your way out! Thanks again!​

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
The entire dusc line has one eye. Use stall dusclops. What you're doing with hydreigon is what lots of people do with lando, just thought I'd point that out, and scizor needs superpower instead of brick break.

Last edited:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Dusclops needs 116 SDef not 16 . I'd go LO>Leftovers as Giga Drain is nice recovery. I'd also go Timid>Modest to outspeed base 100's and just be faster in general. Life Orb also helps with some of the power loss. I might do more in-depth later...

Xenevix

Some Guy
The entire dusc line has one eye. Use stall dusclops. What you're doing with hydreigon is what lots of people do with lando, just thought I'd point that out, and scizor needs superpower instead of brick break.

I agree with the comparing Hydreigon to Landorus but I've actually tried Landorus and he just seems too... generic (not saying Hydreigon isn't I just like Hydreigon better). And if I used Landorus I'd have one less special attacker and Hydreigon's psychic resist is helpful sometimes. And I thought I addressed why I don't have Superpower...

id just like to say if you are going to try a sweeping clops, put charge beam over s-ball. better sweeping, no?

I actually really disagree with this. I've never had luck with Charge Beam, and it doesn't always give the special attack boost so the STAB shadow Ball is better in my opinion. Especialy since most people try to counter it with their own ghost type.

Dusclops needs 116 SDef not 16 . I'd go LO>Leftovers as Giga Drain is nice recovery. I'd also go Timid>Modest to outspeed base 100's and just be faster in general. Life Orb also helps with some of the power loss. I might do more in-depth later...

One of my buddies has told me this about my Dusclops before but I disagree. Putting EV's from Defense to Special Defense is a bad idea because then he loses quite a bit of defensive bulk, and along with that is bad at taking on dragons. And here's the thing about LO too on Virizion, I'll add this to the original post: with LO I gain a nice chunk of health back but then lose part of it anyway. But it's up for consideration.

Thanks for the advice guys. :)

Last edited:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

One of my buddies has told me this about my Dusclops before but I disagree. Putting EV's from Defense to Special Defense is a bad idea because then he loses quite a bit of defensive bulk, and along with that is bad at taking on dragons. And here's the thing about LO too on Virizion, I'll add this to the original post: with LO I gain a nice chunk of health back but then lose part of it anyway. But it's up for consideration.

No I mean you are missing 100 Ev's on Dusclops. It should be: EV’s: +140 HP, +252 Defense, +116 Special Defense 140+252+116=508 you were actually MISSING 100 EV's :)

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
No I mean you are missing 100 Ev's on Dusclops. It should be: EV’s: +140 HP, +252 Defense, +116 Special Defense 140+252+116=508 you were actually MISSING 100 EV's :)

Dangit. You beat me to it. But, because it's a defensive wall wouldn't you want the HP to be 252 > 116 SDef Evs? No?

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Pretty sure Clops is an exception because of it's low Hp and extremely high defenses.

Hmm. Well, Sableye has low HP and is still content. But I've never used Dusclops so I can't say much. Giving it HP just seems better. But it might not be. Merp.

I'm gonna read up on it. Or test it out. Something.

Klaus™

Banned

ah,...i see. like NP celebi? or running LO croak in the rain? i always gained more than i lost, if miniscule.

and on dusclops it doesnt matter. higher hp lets it be much bulkier, albeit less defenses, but lower hp makes it defensive and have an easier time pain splitting.

I have alot of respect for you, for I too prefer the fish over laundry.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Tested a few of the suggestions. Stall Dusclops with Taunt works pretty well and Virizion with LO is nice, but I kept the modest nature on Virizion; for the sheer fact that all the base 100's I would outspeed are Pokes that I would not stay in on anyways. I.E. Mew and Salamence.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Magnezone, Rotom-H, Rotom-F actually resist the combos. Lanturn just has an Electric immunity that is broken by Mold Breaker. Jus' sayin.

Anyway, Modest will never be better than Timid. If if comes down to it. Virizion vs Celebi. Both have 10% HP. Virizion - Modest. Celebi - Timid. Guess who'll win the match. The opponent. You want to be as fast as possible with a sweeper. So, always Timid > Modest.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
rotom f doesnt resist it. isnt that that trollfreak creation? the flying one? rotom-h does. and i dont think any poke with mold breaker learns boltbeam combo.

but i agree on timid>modest, for reasons listed

Rotom-Frost. Or Fridge. Dunno. But I guess there are two Rotom-F's?

Switch Lanturns HP and SDef Ev's around. I'd honestly just give it 22 in each stat. Considering it's supposed to be a wall.

Xenevix

Some Guy
I've hit 86 with this team on PO as a simple test round (8 hours). I'm taking it to Smogon next to see how it fairs there.