• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fishing For Feebas - Your Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I’m sure most RSE players out there are familiar with Feebas, the fish Pokemon that appears in just a few of the water tiles on Route 119.
What was your experience with looking for Feebas like? Did you ever find one?

I remember searching for Feebas on my Ruby many years ago. I really wanted a Milotic, so I was determined to fish in every tile on the route to find a Feebas. After several annoying weeks (or months, who knows) of trying, I finally found one, caught it, and raised it into a beautiful Milotic. :p

Kalosian

So long
I think the only time I ever looked for Feebas was on Ruby. I really wanted one for my Pokedex and I am pretty sure I found out about how it worked on the main site despite my limited English knowledge at the time. I started fishing for it and got a bit annoyed at first but managed to find one rather quickly, in the area right above the waterfall. Or it might have been close to the northernmost bridge, I can't remember exactly. I was very happy about finding it either way. Then I told some of my friends about it and they started fishing for Feebas too. I recall one or maybe two of them finding Feebas in the exact same spot as I did. I'm not sure if they changed their trendy phrase in Dewford to be the same as the one I had though, which I later found to be a bit weird. I don't think I caught any more Feebas after this, just used the one I had to breed more when I needed them.

I also remember trying to make Feebas evolve into Milotic. I gave it so many Pokeblocks, but it still wouldn't evolve! I wasn't sure what to do, then I tried to let it gain a level, and it worked. I was so happy about finding out that I immediately called one of my best friends and told him about it as we had both been struggling with trying to evolve it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well when I first played Ruby I had heard rumours of where to fish for Feebas, but I didn't have luck finding one until I went fishing randomly close to the shore ha ha. I only caught one Feebas and bred a few for my friends. :D

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
There was a trick to catching Feebas... a special place. Which I can't remember now. It was only a few spaces. I never had a problem finding them and the spot was always quite reliable.

T-Moar

Resident Genwunner
When I first played through Sapphire, I actually caught Feebas without even trying. I just kind of fished on Route 119 and there it was. I didn't even know it was that remarkable. I couldn't get it to evolve for the life of me, though.

Vroomer

Well, knowing how this fish works... I have tried each spot and - nothing! At least 3x at each spot. Going back through again with a different rod. I am not a fan of this fish in Ruby!

Aquarelle

Staff member
I also remember trying to make Feebas evolve into Milotic. I gave it so many Pokeblocks, but it still wouldn't evolve! I wasn't sure what to do, then I tried to let it gain a level, and it worked. I was so happy about finding out that I immediately called one of my best friends and told him about it as we had both been struggling with trying to evolve it.
I remember struggling with evolving my Feebas as well. Except, I didn't even know that I had to max out its Beauty. I ended up training my poor Feebas to level 40+ or something like that before my cousin told me how to evolve it.

Once I knew how to evolve it, I did so on my first try, which was very fortunate as I was terrible at making Pokeblocks back then. If the Pokeblocks I gave it hadn't been enough to evolve it, I would've had to go find another Feebas (since mine was male and I didn't have the ability to trade a Ditto from FRLG at the time...plus I know I would have been stupid enough to save after messing my Feebas up), which would've sucked as I completely forgot which part of Route 119 I found it on...
So, I'm very glad my finding Feebas experience ended after finding just one. :p

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
I remember struggling with evolving my Feebas as well. Except, I didn't even know that I had to max out its Beauty. I ended up training my poor Feebas to level 40+ or something like that before my cousin told me how to evolve it.

Once I knew how to evolve it, I did so on my first try, which was very fortunate as I was terrible at making Pokeblocks back then. If the Pokeblocks I gave it hadn't been enough to evolve it, I would've had to go find another Feebas (since mine was male and I didn't have the ability to trade a Ditto from FRLG at the time...plus I know I would have been stupid enough to save after messing my Feebas up), which would've sucked as I completely forgot which part of Route 119 I found it on...
So, I'm very glad my finding Feebas experience ended after finding just one. :p

I wasn't as lucky. I actually screwed up my Feebas, because in those days nobody told me that there was such a thing as maximum sheen. It wasn't until HGSS where I could use Daisy's haircuts that I finally got one.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I honestly didn't have much trouble finding Feebas in gen 3. Just a bit of fishing in different spots did the trick for me :)

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I remember the thrill of finding Feebas for the first time in Ruby. It happened after combing about 50% of the water tiles on Route 119. In Emerald, I got lucky and found one near the base of the waterfall. I also didn't know anything about the natures back then, but my Feebas eventually evolved after eating enough Blue Pokeblocks and gaining a level despite having a hindering nature(Jolly).

Twas tough for me. It took me months to find a single Feebas when I played Sapphire and I had to keep changing Dewford's trendy phrase repeatedly.

..CRIS..

took an hour to find my feebas. things needed surf, super rod, &waterfall (optional). route 119 and fish on every tile for 3-5 times each then move to the next tile..(i found left to right then upwards right to left was more fitting to me but to each their own).. i recommend catching a female feebas then breeding for a modest nature...they tend to like blue blocks

Lunala

Banned
Never found one in Gen 3 though I looked forever. It wasn't until I tried in Diamond that I got my Feebas.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Oh gosh, why'd you have to bring this up. XD

I didn't know which tiles contained Feebas when I was looking for one in Ruby, I only knew that there were certain ones. I literally started at the top of the river, caught 5 fish on a tile, then moved to the next one, repeating the process until I caught a Feebas. It was dreadful and took 3-4 hours.

But when I finally got a Milotic, I was so proud of myself.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Many years ago on Ruby, I did find one after a long time of searching. However, I didn't realize you had to max out its Beauty to evolve it, so I got it to a pretty high level before I realized I had to feed it PokéBlocks. However, I was kind of a novice at the time, so I didn't really know which PokéBlocks helped with Beauty (it was a wonder I managed to win a lot of Contests with my Azumarill, and I don't think I maxed out its Beauty), so i just fed it random PokéBlocks I had and could make. By the time I knew what to do with it, it was already too full to take any more PokéBlocks. I was never able to find another Feebas, and I don't remember where on the Route I had found it to try again.

Oh well. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.