• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fishing - - Help Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staryu

I know, I know..
I have Ruby.

Everytime I try to fish (i only have Old & Good Rods)..I catch NOTHING! I haven't gotten even a single Magikarp in Ruby..do you need bait or something in this game..or am I doing it at the wrong time?

Any help appreciated, as I'm dying to catch new pokemon, especially ;120;

-Ryan

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
you have to press A when it says "oh! a bite!", and you have to time it well. if it says "oh, it got away..." then you need better timing.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
where are you fishing?

also, if you press A when it doesn't say "Oh, a bite!", then it just cancels the fishing. you have to make sure not to press A until it says that, and not a second before.

Zera

lolforumz.
yeah, the 'no-free- fishing in the 3rd gen is a bit frustrating!

Tempest

Lord of The Storm
Besides, you can't catch anything good with the old and good rods, you can only get pokemon like Staryu with the super rod (which is in Mossdeep), just keep trying. Good luck and TTFN!

Staryu

I know, I know..
Thanks,

The problem was that I wasn't waiting, and just kept clicking A..obviously not getting anything. So I waited, and got a Goldeen xD..but I did need it for my dex!

I thought Staryu was in Lilycove..does anyone know where I can get the Super Rod?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
mossdeep city, to the left of the space center there's a house. inside the house is a fisherman who gives you the super rod.

klonoa

Galaxy Idol
I feel for you man fishing on ruby sapphire emerald is harder teadious and more annoying than leaf green etc.

Liam-Kun

My precious!
you need consentration, and I haven't got that :p

Staryu

I know, I know..
Thanks, I got the rod! Hopefully I'll be catching Carvanhas & Staryus like it's my job xD

--THREAD CLOSED--

Alfonc

D/P is almost here!!
There is a Fisherman in Dewford Island that gives you the Old Rod,and teaches you to fish.
Did you notice that?

Status
Not open for further replies.