1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fishing rod help

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by lifesharker, May 28, 2008.

1. lifesharker

lifesharker Spring-Loaded Fish

Hello!. I was wondering, what pokemon can be caught with what rods? Because I've often wasted my time trying to fish for a pokemon that can only be caught with a better rod. Also, can all water types in an area be found by surfing, or can some only be caught by rods?

2. MAGAX

MAGAX Symbol Hunter

maybe you should just try using super rod for all cases when fishing since super rod can catch most if not all the pokemon that you can catch with lower grade rods

yes some pokemon can only be found by fishing like luvdisc can only be fished at the top of the waterfall near victory road

3. lifesharker

Yes, i know I should use the super rod, but I was wondering about before I get the super rod. Specifically in this case, I was wondering about what rod i need to catch Corphish, and whether I can catch it by surfing.

4. aquajet16

aquajet16 LVL? Death

You could catch Corphish by fishing with a Good / Super Rod in the Waters (hell is this a word?! o_O) at Petalburg city.

5. MAGAX

MAGAX Symbol Hunter

for corphish i think you need at least a good rod to catch and you can only catch corphish through fishing

6. lifesharker

Thank you v. muchly aquajet & MAGAX! Oh, and I'm pretty sure you can use waters as a word...

7. Nidogod

Nidogod Well-Known Member

The Pokedex on Psypokes.com has listings of the percentages that each water Pokemon can be caught with each rod.