• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fit To Be Tide! (087)

Leonhart

Imagineer
i wonder if these kinds of episodes in the orange islands were what inspired the trials of the alola region.

That's a good theory given that some of the Orange Archipelago's Gyms did involve some kind of unique activity meant to test trainers, much like Alola's island challenge. In the case of the Natsukan Gym here, I thought that each activity would've made a neat S/M trial.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Cissy seemed like she had a bad case of arrogance, though her Gym's rules were so cool. The shooting gallery segment was fun and so was the race even if Ash winning was pure luck.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cissy seemed like she had a bad case of arrogance, though her Gym's rules were so cool.

Atsumi was pretty stuck up at first I agree, but at least not to the point where she was totally unpleasant, unlike Jigii. She was competent as well, and the only downside of her character from my own point of view was that her design was slightly insipid for a Gym Leader.

Daizy

I call you honey
Cissy was acting like she was high and mighty so I cheered when Ash and Lapras beat her and Blastoise. I didn't like when Team Rocket showed up though. What was the point.

The disk shooting stuff with Seadra was awesome and it reminds me of Alola's island trials. Ash's surfing race against Cissy was good too because now Ash had use for his new Lapras.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I wonder why Laplace's Ice Beam road was allowed given that the race was meant to be on water, which should've made the icy path against the Gym's rules.

Well for the first Gym of the region this one was pretty exciting even though I didn't like that no battling was involved. The shooting practice part was fun and the surfing contests could've had more obstacles to make it seem much more serious, but I like that Ash won thanks to Lapras since it finally came in handy as more than just Ash's private ferry service.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I think the surfing challenge from here might've inspired Mantine surfing in Ultra Sun and Moon at least.

I'd like to think that Game Freak gets inspired by the anime sometimes, but the surfing here probably wasn't the basis for that idea in the games since I doubt that the game staff went back and saw this episode looking for inspiration.

A good episode where we got to see a new gym leader from the Orange Islands. Cissy or however you spell her name was pretty arrogant but she had the skills to back it up so I guess it's okay. I liked that her gym didn't involve battling because if it had Ash might have lost. Instead we got a shooting contest and a race at the end and Lapras being faster than Blastoise really impressed me since it was still just a baby and didn't seem like it would be so fast. 8/10

Tracey is a simp

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Pokémon Trials but are Orange Islands gyms instead"

Episode: 6/10