1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Five Dates Around Sinnoh [PengiunShipping, one-shot, K]

Discussion in 'Shipping Fics' started by Pikachu Fan Number Nine, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Author: Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Fandom: Pokemon

Shipping: PenguinShipping (Kenny/Kengo X Dawn/Hikari)

Rating: K

Notes: A dare from Avietta_Ikarilove

Dawn and Kenny planned five dates over 12 months in Sinnoh. They could only meet five times in the next 12 months between September of this year and August of next because Kenny was following his father Jeff Bebe's band, Stillwater, on tour throughout the United States.

The first date they went on was in Jubilife City, where their favorite hockey team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, were playing an exhibition game against the local team the Jubilife Jazz.

They were Penguins fans because they both started with the penguin Pokemon Piplup. They were actually on hand to see the Stanley Cup victory parade the previous summer.

"Kind of neat the Penguins are in town for this game, huh Dawn?" Kenny said.

"The Jublife Jazz are pretty good themselves, even though their best player of all time, Tom Bradford, is now serving a prison sentence for Pokemon trafficking." Dawn said.

When the puck was dropped, the Penguins captain Sidney Crosby won the faceoff. Of course this was an exhibition game so the stats would not count.

"You know Dawn, the presentation of Hockey Night in Sinnoh is modeled off CBC's Hockey Night in Canada, even using the old theme for the CBC program", Kenny said.

Dawn said, "I didn't know that".

Kenny said, "of course HNIS uses a cover version by rock band Klondike who is from Snowpoint City, who we are going to see in a couple months."

The Penguins ended up winning the game 3-1.

Their next date was in Hearthome City, where they went to the premiere of a movie – in particular, the biopic of famous Pokemon coordinator Ramon Hernandez.

Kenny said, "back in his day, he was the most dominant coordinator. He won the Grand Festival in every region that held Contests."

Dawn said, "was he popular with the ladies?"

Kenny said, "very, he could have just about any woman he ever wanted."

Dawn said, "who was his biggest rival?"

Kenny said, "everyone, he was so dominant that everyone considered him a rival."

Many famous names in the world of Pokemon contests were also at the premiere. Like Dawn and Kenny's friend Zoey. Dawn's mother Johanna was also at the premiere of the movie as well.

The movie lasted two hours and 23 minutes.

After the movie, Kenny said, "this was the best movie I have ever seen, what did you think of it Dawn?"

Dawn said, "I think it was very good, Ramon Hernandez is indeed a living legend that will be remembered for generations."

Kenny said, "I shall see you in January in Snowpoint City, when we go see Klondike in concert."

Dawn said, "it's a date, and I can't wait to see them too."

January came, and Dawn and Kenny met up again to see their favorite band, the hair band Klondike, in concert in Snowpoint City.

Klondike has been very popular since their formation in 1980. Their most popular songs have been themed around winter and the cold in general.

Kenny said, "this is the first time that we get to see Klondike in concert, I'm so excited!"

Dawn said, "me too, we got really good seats for this show."

Klondike typically performed their concerts in cold-weather cities during the winter, and played at least one show in Snowpoint City every year.

Klondike started their show with their first hit, "Northern Lights".

Kenny said, "this song is about the lead singer having actually seen the Northern Lights as a child."

Dawn said, "that's cool, I would love to see the Northern Lights myself."

Kenny said, "he's from Alaska."

Dawn said, "Klondike has gained a lot more popularity in recent years for their covers of songs from 'Frozen', in particular 'Let It Go'."

Kenny said, "I'd love to see that movie, but I haven't had the chance."

Dawn said, "you should see it, it's really good."

Kenny said, "maybe I will, once the Stillwater tour comes to a close."

Their next date was in April in Oreburgh City. They went to a very fancy restaurant that they got reservations for back in January when they last met. The place was called, "A Taste to Remember".

Kenny said, "this is a very popular place Dawn, so you have to reserve months in advance, I made a point to get our reservations after our last date at the Klondike concert."

Dawn said, "it sure is very fancy, and the food is very expensive."

Kenny said, "I have a lot of money because of my famous father, so, don't be afraid to splurge a little."

Indeed, stuff on the menu was quite expensive. Dawn took Kenny's advice and got something that was 50 dollars for dinner.

Kenny got something that was 60 dollars, and the meals were worth every penny.

Dawn and Kenny really liked this place, and said they would consider going again.

They even got appetizers and dessert to top off the night.

So, the restaurant lived up to its name. For Dawn and Kenny, it really was a taste to remember.

They had time for one more date before Stillwater's tour was over in August in a few months.

Their last date before the Stillwater tour was over would be in July in Veilstone City.

They decided to attend a musical. Namely, an adaptation of the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Kenny said, "everything is being turned into a musical nowadays. The movie was good, I'd like to see how the musical turns out."

Dawn said, "if you put your mind to it anything can be made into a musical. I'd love to see Watchmen: The Musical."

The two made their way into the theater and sat down in their seats. As the opening musical number began, Dawn and Kenny wondered how a man could be born fully aged, and then age backwards.

Then again, they had seen the movie.

After the musical was over, Kenny remarked, "that was the best thing I have ever seen. It's amazing how these musical versions of movies are so good."

Dawn said, "I wonder what they will come up with next. Maybe Friday the 13th: The Musical?"

Kenny said, "we'll see about that, after all, there is Sweeney Todd".

After Stillwater's tour concluded in August, Dawn and Kenny were able to start seeing each other more regularly.

As for what their future held? Only time will tell.

2. ChloboShoka

ChloboShoka Writer

Kenny and Dawn only being able to meet certain times of the year reminds me of Princess Maker 2 where Olive can only meet the prince once a year in January. It would have been nice to have more decriptions to balance out the dialogue.