• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flabébé's White Flower (1155)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I thought they'd be as divisive as here and everywhere else...
Surprisingly not, but its also the case where they dont like criticism of any kind, whether it be constructive or not, blocking out those people and saying stuff like "This was good idc about your opinions" and all, its like an echo chamber there lol. Since Journeys doesnt have any established fanbase or people attached to it, they **** on it instead. Twitter is really weird

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Weird is the very definition of Twitter lol
This episode reinforces one thing: The Pokemon anime never should have used Pokemon Go as the basis for a character. If the writers weren't working with a character who just catches endless amounts of Pokemon and had a much smaller cast of Pokemon to work with, they'd have the time to develop Goh's Pokemon and a lot more of us would have been able to connect with them. Some can, but a lot of people feel no emotional attachment, which is why Floette's release falls flat for some. If we were given more than one episode, more people might have been able to form a connection and the release would have had a greater impact.
I don't think the problem is with being based on PoGo and more like they are taking time to space out captures properly and showcase what the boys - specially Goh - have already. Episodes like the food wars in the park were fun because it used what we had and didn't had to introduce anything else.

The problem is that some episodes randomly push a POTD and their partner COTD when the plot could be used to explore a past capture.

It doesn't help some of the "lower tier" captures just get a dedicated episode solely for evolution and then are never seen again (Greedent and now White Floette)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thinking about Floette makes me think of that unused alternate form it had that was never released.

What the heck was up with that?
That was AZ's Floette.

Considering AZ's story in the games, it doesn't surprise me he's never been used. His character would need a lot of rewritting which sounds way more trouble than its worthy.

It's more curious GF didn't release that Floette, specially with her assets being carried over on SM.

UglyToast

That was AZ's Floette.

Considering AZ's story in the games, it doesn't surprise me he's never been used. His character would need a lot of rewritting which sounds way more trouble than its worthy.

It's more curious GF didn't release that Floette, specially with her assets being carried over on SM.
maybe they were thinking like "maybe we can use this in the next game with an event" but they ended up either forgetting about it or scrapping the idea mid way through?

Thinking about Floette makes me think of that unused alternate form it had that was never released.

What the heck was up with that?
Pokemon Z never existed, so...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
maybe they were thinking like "maybe we can use this in the next game with an event" but they ended up either forgetting about it or scrapping the idea mid way through?
Yeah, that as well. Wasn't there datamines suggesting a new set of Kalos game that end up getting scrapped?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Calling it now: a future Kalos episode will have Go’s Floette evolved into Florges visiting the wetlands with another Florges that just so happens to be the same one that fought Ash’s Goodra so it’ll be a reunion episode for both Ash and Go.
That's going to be one ironic episode when Goh catches Goodra's friends but he actually ends up taking them to his greenhouse.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"We don't saw Flabebe but it was a great goodbye"

Episode: 7/10

Last edited:

J. D. Guy

I like he shows vulnerability, it's a good trait that needs to be shown to be acceptable for men to portray in media more
Completely agreed. Media/fictonal depictions of male characters need to continue, on an ever-ongoing basis, to allow them to be as emotional and vulnerable in healthy ways as they want and need to be. None of that "males can only be emotional when they're angry, enraged, or wrathful" or those outdated depictions of "stoic vulnerability".

Last edited: