• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
They were showing his highlight not his lowlight, kinda like you see an highlights of something else, example a boxer highlight, you will see him koing people not him being koed.
Yeah that made enough sense to me. Why show loses (the Poliwrath lose was important) if your trying to play up an old friend ^_^

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yeah that made enough sense to me. Why show loses (the Poliwrath lose was important) if your trying to play up an old friend ^_^

The Poliwrath and Pikachu loses was to show his behaviour and turning point.

The Blaziken and Dusclops wins didn't mean anything besides being losses thats why they didn't deserve any type of focus, even though I would like to see a Blaziken again.

Joltik-Kid

The Poliwrath and Pikachu loses was to show his behaviour and turning point.

The Blaziken and Dusclops wins didn't mean anything besides being losses thats why they didn't deserve any type of focus, even though I would like to see a Blaziken again.
Yup, all apart of plot

Would have been nice to see Blaziken again

Graham Aker

Totally agree. Besides, Charizard could beat any of the pokemons Pikachu beat. Regice because of type advantage and Latios because of Dragon-type attack. Any of the others too. But we can't say the same about Pikachu, cause I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat Articuno. And he fought Magmar back then and lost, then Charizard beat him.
And Pikachu didn't beat 2 legendaries, he beat 1. He tie against Latios. If you say Pikachu beat Latios, I can say Latios beat Pikachu too.
And Charizard has only lost to a champion's Dragonite, Blaziken and the best Frontier Brain's Dusclops. While Pikachu has lost to loads of weak pokemon, like Panpour, Snivy, Dugtrio, Servine, etc.

Pikachu can only be considered the "strongest" at the end of a saga. But it could easily be said that since Pikachu resets, and his reserves retain their power...Pikachu's on par with his stronger reserves ONLY towards the end of a saga. All other times, it's only a bit stronger than your average Pikachu.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
We gauge Pikachu at the end of each arc, his true strenght is at the end of the arcs and at the end of the arcs hes the strongest.

Totally agree. Besides, Charizard could beat any of the pokemons Pikachu beat. Regice because of type advantage and Latios because of Dragon-type attack. Any of the others too. But we can't say the same about Pikachu, cause I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat Articuno. And he fought Magmar back then and lost, then Charizard beat him.
And Pikachu didn't beat 2 legendaries, he beat 1. He tie against Latios. If you say Pikachu beat Latios, I can say Latios beat Pikachu too.
And Charizard has only lost to a champion's Dragonite, Blaziken and the best Frontier Brain's Dusclops. While Pikachu has lost to loads of weak pokemon, like Panpour, Snivy, Dugtrio, Servine, etc.

Thank you...*waits for rebuttle from Joltik*

DoctorDark

Honestly Joltik as much as I would like to agree with you that Pikachu is Ash's strongest pokemon its really hard to support that claim when even you agree that Pikachu really isn't dependable for about the beginning 80% of every major season. Yes I understand that if you want to judge pikachu's strength it should be done at the end of every season but even so there are plenty of times when pikachu looses outright to pokemon that in all honestly he shouldn't have lost to in the first place. One can make excuses all they want but Pikachu lost to a Snivy. A brand spanking new right out of the pokeball starter snivy being manned by a trainer on his first day out. Even half dead, paralyzed, confused, and out of PP on all electric moves any pokemon that is capable of drawing with a Latios should be able to knock out a fresh starter by simply sneezing on it. One quick-attack or iron tail should have been enough but of course this is the anime so we have to throw common sense out the window and assume that Zekrom's interference was the cause of that loss.

Even so what about pikachu loosing straight up to Fantina's Drifblim (unexcusable), Morty's Ghastly (by far his weakest pokemon), and then getting roflstomped by Norman's Vigoroth (for no apparent reason except for plot lengthening). Pikachu even lost to a Swanna (x4 weakness wasn't enough)

Overall I get the feeling that Pikachu is like Ash's wildcard. Sometimes Pikachu delivers a truck load of woopass and other times it just chugs and falls flat like a tug boat. This is why despite Pikachu's amazing history of random win's you have to judge it with a grain of salt because of its equally strange history of losses. This is why people prefer to think Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, and Snorlax are overall his stronger pokemon. They all have a history of great wins and don't have a history of unreasonable losses.

DoctorDark

What if pikachu...........

EVOLVED?

I think there was a period of time when people started asking again about it but it was reaffirmed in DP Episode 74 Pika and Goliath that Pikachu will continue to choose not to evolve. Probably another 400 episodes from now they will reiterate it again just to make sure new viewers know that Pikachu will never evolve.

sandy ketchum

I'm just asking if pikachu evolves, does anyone think that he will be able to best charizard?
pikachu will not evolve. after all this time if it evolved, it would be stupid. pikachu is pokemons mascot so there is no probability of pikachu evolving.

DoctorDark

pikachu will not evolve. after all this time if it evolved, it would be stupid. pikachu is pokemons mascot so there is no probability of pikachu evolving.

Pretty much this.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The anime would get destroyed into pieces if Pikachu accidentally evolved through an accident.

It would actually be pretty neat since so many of us are tired of him, but Japan would explode because it'd be a cute, chubby Pokemon, so...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The anime would get destroyed into pieces if Pikachu accidentally evolved through an accident.

It would actually be pretty neat since so many of us are tired of him, but Japan would explode because it'd be a cute, chubby Pokemon, so...

That would be hilarious. I would be nice to see him get all depressed and overcome that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm just asking if pikachu evolves, does anyone think that he will be able to best charizard?

Pft, hellz no, he would be too slow xD.

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
Why the **** do you think I'm trying to be a troll? I just meant if pikachu possibly evolved, would he be able to beat charizard. I never meant that I thought he would evolve.

LizardonX

Banned
Why the **** do you think I'm trying to be a troll? I just meant if pikachu possibly evolved, would he be able to beat charizard. I never meant that I thought he would evolve.

Because in the pokeverse going up against Ash's pokemon being more evolved always means losing.

Navin

MALDREAD
Pikachu lacks consistency. Just like Ash, he has a very ceiling, and when he plays up to his potential, he has quality performances like against Metagross and Latios; when he doesn't, he loses. Also, evolution naturally makes a Pokemon on average stronger and its strength more stable. Pikachu is very good, but since he's unevolved, he suffers from his inherent weakness at times. If Pikachu evolved into Raichu, I would say that he wouldn't ever have those random losses.

All in all, Pikachu battling at his potential is equal to or better than Charizard. However, since Pikachu is usually never in that state the majority of his battles, Charizard is better.

Joltik-Kid

Thank you...*waits for rebuttle from Joltik*
You want my rebuttle? Why would that be XD

Seriously, I have no idea why you guys think that Pikachu isn't Ash's strongest... because you think that losing in the beginning means something. If Pikachu were as powerful at the beginning like he is at the end, they have to do the exact same thing they did to Charizard, leave him at some convenient area that trains Pikachu's. Not only would that ruin the show since Pikachu is the FACE (seriously, I think you people think it's Charizard) of the franchise, but it would also be the end of Ash since Pikachu has been there for him since day one. But what am I kidding, I clearly don't know what I'm talking about since I don't worship the ground Charizard stands on. And BS to Lucas's claim, you can't base you claims on assumptions, otherwise I could say Pikachu would easily beat Articuno thanks to it's small size and super effective moves, but you don't see me doing that do you? Based solely on how much trouble Articuno gave Charizard, there's no reason to think it could beat Regice like Pikachu did, go ahead and argue that all you want, your just kidding yourself. And if Charizard is Ash's so called Ace, why is it Pikachu that has the more impressive victory's?

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You want my rebuttle? Why would that be XD

Seriously, I have no idea why you guys think that Pikachu isn't Ash's strongest... because you think that losing in the beginning means something. If Pikachu were as powerful at the beginning like he is at the end, they have to be the exact same thing they did to Charizard, leave him at some convenient area that trains Pikachu's. But what am I kidding, I clearly don't know what I'm talking about since I don't worship the ground Charizard stands on. And BS to Lucas's claim, you can't base you claims on assumptions, otherwise I could say Pikachu would easily beat Articuno thanks to it's small size and super effective moves, but you don't see me doing that do you? Based solely on how much trouble Articuno gave Charizard, there's no reason to think it could beat Regice like Pikachu did, go ahead and argue that all you want, your just kidding yourself. And if Charizard is Ash's so called Ace, why is it Pikachu that has the more impressive victory's?

No, they could just not spam him at every possible battle -.-....he has other pokemon he can use.