• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
No, they could just not spam him at every possible battle -.-....he has other pokemon he can use.
Pikachu's the face of the franchise... end of story

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Overall I get the feeling that Pikachu is like Ash's wildcard. Sometimes Pikachu delivers a truck load of woopass and other times it just chugs and falls flat like a tug boat.

Then its exactly like Infernape? Infernape and Pikachu are great wildcards to have, theyre perfect as portrayed by the writers as battlers so long as they dont get knocked out before they show true potential?

Against Flint, we saw what happens to Infernape if it takes a hit that KOs it, but as long as it is in that threshold between fainting and 1/3 hp, its the best thing Ash has. Same with Pikachu, super fragile but as long as it doesnt get taken down too quickly, has more power than Sceptile, Snorlax, Charizard (or any honourable mentions of Ashs reserves) have.

Joltik-Kid

Then its exactly like Infernape? Infernape and Pikachu are great wildcards to have, theyre perfect as portrayed by the writers as battlers so long as they dont get knocked out before they show true potential?

Against Flint, we saw what happens to Infernape if it takes a hit that KOs it, but as long as it is in that threshold between fainting and 1/3 hp, its the best thing Ash has. Same with Pikachu, super fragile but as long as it doesnt get taken down too quickly, has more power than Sceptile, Snorlax, Charizard (or any honourable mentions of Ashs reserves) have.
This is as borderlined as I'll get, if only because that's a pretty fair analysis :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

That doesn't change the fact that it would work. Seriously it's not like he wouldn't still be in every episode.

Joltik-Kid

That doesn't change the fact that it would work. Seriously it's not like he wouldn't still be in every episode.
They want him to be just like Ash... if he's new to things then so is Pikachu. Does it do Pikachu justice, no... but at this point, it's the only constant we know of. Still, Pikachu in his prime (based on all of the show) > Charizard in his prime (based on all of the show) Your starter will always be your most powerful, just like in the games (unless you really try to be original)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They want him to be just like Ash... if he's new to things then so is Pikachu. Does it do Pikachu justice, no... but at this point, it's the only constant we know of. Still, Pikachu in his prime (based on all of the show) > Charizard in his prime (based on all of the show) Your starter will always be your most powerful, just like in the games (unless you really try to be original)

So Ash is a spoiled brat?? Well then writers you really know how to write a guy.

DoctorDark

I'm not arguing that pikachu isn't the face of the franchise. Anyone who has played Pokemon or watched the anime for any period of time knows this to be fact based solely on the fact that he is Ash's starter, has the most screen time of any pokemon of all time, is the most popular pokemon of all time, and is the source of one of the most sold product lines of all time. This doesn't mean that pikachu has to be Ash's strongest pokemon. It just means he has to be Ash's most used and favorite (which he definitely is)

What I am arguing about is that many people can't and won't consider Pikachu Ash's strongest because it looses to randoms all the damn time.
And while you keep on bashing on people about "worshipping" the ground that Charizard stands on you are equally guilty of "worshipping" Pikachu. I don't worship Charizard. I do however like its character and think its Ash's strongest because it has the longest and most consistent match history out of ALL of Ash's pokemon. I'm simply basing this off of logic.

Misty and Brock both thought Charizard (even before it ever touched the Charicific Valley) was broken. They told Ash he was being UNFAIR for using it. That is how powerful the fire lizard was. When has anyone ever said that about pikachu? Oh wait no one has because Pikachu sometimes looses to fresh starters and gym leaders-__-
Charizard vs Casey's Chikorita. Charizard snorts and Chikorita gets lit on fire and looses.
Pikachu vs Snivy he gets owned even though 1 quick attack or iron tail should have been enough against a completely fresh starter and trainer
Pikachu vs Paul's Elekid its falls into a draw. A damn draw with a baby pokemon :X

As for Legendaries Charizard has only had the opportunity to fight 1 in a regulated battle setting and won against it 1v1 in a straight out fight. Pikachu is the same it only won against 1 in a 1v1 and drew with another 1. Also while people praise pikachu for battling and winning against a dragonite (which btw was weakened by Charizard first) Charizard pretty much decisively owns Iris's Dragonite with little effort.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Just saw the episode with subtitles and wow it's even better than I thought.

The main things that were great to hear which I didn't understand before:

-Ash mentioning how he was late on his first day being a trainer, hence why he got given Pikachu.

-Charizards full backstory (obviously), it really goes into full detail.

-Cilan wonders why Ash left Charizard behind since if a Pokemon and trainer have a good bond they shouldn't be seperated. Ash mentions Characific Valley which is a valid reason, but it'll be funny when he sees all of Ash's other Pokemon besides Charizard who were left behind for no reason.

-Iris says "I didn't know about you're journeys before Unova, Ash", Cilan follows by saying "I'm sure that he's made many friends and had many journeys". I'm so glad that was said by them both, it really shows that Ash is indeed a veteran trainer and had a lot of experiences before meeting them.

-Swellow and Staraptor are mentioned about how they are going to enjoy Unfezant appearing and that they'll probably be having a 'speed competition'.

-The rest is simply what we all know, Charizard is really glorified as being strong and Iris admits that the battle wasn't looking too good for her if it had carried on.

Supersonicbro

Staraptor and Swellow mentioned, Iris and Cilan learn a lot more about ash's past (how he got pikachu as his first pokemon) and them getting a hint of how experienced ash is, and N seeing more proof on how people and pokemon can be friends...yeah I think this is one of my favorite episodes, charizard coming back or not. (finishes episode)....AND Iris said she was gonna get a charmander because she thought charizard was a dragon (her reasoning was funny too).

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

This is the greatest episode in the history of the series.

I'm not lying, I'm not exaggerating, I'm not playing. This is the greatest episode ever.

It's a love letter to the best Pokemon in the franchise. Not only to Charizard but to Ash's Charizard. My previous favourite was DP188, Ash vs. Paul Part 3. But this...this is amazing. Charizard. CHARIZARD! THE GREATEST EVER!

Also, the fact that they devoted so much time to Zard's backstory is very very promising. It establishes that he will be a large

OH MY GOD YES JUST GOT TO OAK GIVING HIM THE POKEBALL
WITH THE MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND
YES YES YES YES THIS IS THE BEST. THE BEST EPISODE EVER

BIG RED
BIG RED!!

RELEASE HIM!!!!!!!!

LIZARDON!!!!!!

CHARIZARD!!!! LOOK! LOOK AT HIM! HE'S BACK! THUMBS UP! LIKE A BOSS! YES!

FLAMETHROWER TO ASH YES THE EPISODE OF ALL EPISODES

FISH BUMP!

WHY IS EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS EPISODE THE BEST EVER

YES YES YES

http://i.imgur.com/FYq7M.gif

CHARIZARD/DRAGONITE FACE-OFF HAHA YEAH LIKE THAT SCRUB DRAGONITE CAN HOPE TO COMPARE WITH THE GODDAMN ZARD

WHOA!
NEW MOVE! DRAGON TAIL! LOOK AT THIS BOSS

OK, this was a major rush. Like I said, I feel confident saying this is probably the best episode ever. And I don't say that lightly. DP188 was an amazing conclusion to Ash/Paul and completely satisfying from a storyline perspective, but Pokemon is nostalgia. And this was nostalgia. And also the best thing ever. And oh yeah it was so good when..stuff

Hey, do you remember that time CHARIZARD RETURNED

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think professor Oak may be the biggest shipper that ships Ash's Pokémon together. I'm on the StaraptorxUnfezant side.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
Based on facts and previous episodes, if Pikachu was never influenced by any electro magnetic disturbances when he reaches a new region he would have a lot of raw power. When Pikachu reached Hoen team rocket attacked using a magnet based robot which shorted out Pikachu's electrical power and made him sick and in Sinnoh team rocket again attacked Pikachu which shortened Pikachu's electrical power, finally in Unova Zekrom struck Pikachu with a lightning bolt shortening his power making him lose to snivy. Over time Pikachu's power increases but is reset because of those incidents, that is evidence. Ash's Charizard has that much power because it had a previous trainer before so it probably (adding the games to account) has a exp boost because the writers based the anime more into the aspects of the games back then.

Muffin Man

Maybe Pikachu has low defense and high offense (like light ball Pikachu in the game), meaning he can lose to weak pokemon if they land a good hit, but defeat strong pokemon if he gets a good hit on them.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Just watched the episode. I was so pumped up about this whole episode for such a long long time! I quit watching the anime after Sinnoh because for one, after watching it for so many years it has become boring for me, and two, I was disappointed Ash didn't use Charizard in the Sinnoh league. But there I was, hopeful about Charizard's return at some point in the future, and I will watch only that certain episode. The moment has arrived. I didn't follow Unova whatsoever, I do not know what Pokemon Ash has in Unova (nor do I care anyway), but I was always checking the forum every few months for an episode about Charizard. It's about time one of the most awesome Pokemon has returned, even if it's for one episode.

I am a big Charizard fan from the start. So I was really excited when watching this episode! When they were showing Charizard's back story, it made me really nostalgic. The newer Pokemon don't intrigue me, but remember the old days when we had cool Pokemon like Charizard and Mewtwo, and the only source of watching Pokemon was VHS cassettes? Ah, the good old days...

This episode was really well executed. It was a breath of fresh air to see a non-repetitive episode. When Ash first got Charmander from Damian, when he evolved during the Aerodactyl chase. Oh man, oh man, the flashbacks were so awesome! I was so puuuuumped when the battle between Charizard and Dragonite was about to begin!!! :D Seeing that the Dragonite belonged to Iris, I was almost certain Charizard would win. There's no way in hell a baby Dragonite out of nowhere would beat the veteran Charizard. I was waiting there, with a grin on my face, to see Charizard stomp all over Dragonite. Oh man, his roar, stance, the Kanto battle music, and everything was so epic! When he Dragon tailed Dragonite to smash him to the ground, that was sheer epicness! It's good to see he learned Dragon tail, though I missed his powerful and epic moves like Overheat, Dragon Rage, and Seismic Toss. A Seismic Toss would have been inevitable hadn't N called off the match like that. Really? I never liked him in the game, now there's more reason to hate him.

This is definitely one of the best episodes I've seen. Can't say there is a best by a clear shot, because that would be unfair. Charizard vs. Articuno is one of my favourite too. It's good to see Charizard hasn't been forgotten. Although it makes me sad that Charizard will make his next appearance perhaps 7 more years later, this will be something to hold on to till then. But for now...Charizard has returned [IMG32]http://smallbuck.com/nashvillewebdesign/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/facebook_like_button_hand.jpg[/IMG32] a boss!!!

It's a love letter to the best Pokemon in the franchise.

OK that is where I stopped reading becuz that's completely subjective. I thought this episode was really good but it's the Charizard fan group that ruined the whole experience for me becuz their the ones who over rate Charizard and kiss his butt when ever he gets mentioned and things just got worse now that he actually came back. O and by the way I totally felt that Dragonite deserved to win becuz he's strong and he doesnt have to get an episode all to himself just to prove it. Too bad that N just had to ruin things even more by interupting the match but well OK that's fine I just hope Dragonite gets to prove he's the better Pokemon later on. :)

DoctorDark

OK that is where I stopped reading becuz that's completely subjective. I thought this episode was really good but it's the Charizard fan group that ruined the whole experience for me becuz their the ones who over rate Charizard and kiss his butt when ever he gets mentioned and things just got worse now that he actually came back. O and by the way I totally felt that Dragonite deserved to win becuz he's strong and he doesnt have to get an episode all to himself just to prove it. Too bad that N just had to ruin things even more by interupting the match but well OK that's fine I just hope Dragonite gets to prove he's the better Pokemon later on. :)

Lol dude i'm no fanboy of charizard but if he ever looses to dragonite then that is absolutely stupid. For a pokemon thats been training through several seasons to loose to a pokemon that fresh? Please. Idc if its a dratini or a dragonite there is no continuity in the strength of any of Ash's pokemon if that happens.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Lol dude i'm no fanboy of charizard but if he ever looses to dragonite then that is absolutely stupid. For a pokemon thats been training through several seasons to loose to a pokemon that fresh? Please. Idc if its a dratini or a dragonite there is no continuity in the strength of any of Ash's pokemon if that happens.

Pikachu has lost to a magikarp and snivy before, there is no continuity in strength in the anime.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Haha, it was funny to see Pikachu playfully drinking with juice while Ash was holding him and talking about his previous journeys with Charizard to Iris, Cilan and N. XD

Its also cool seeing those winds blowing around Charizard and it didn't look like Charizard took any damage, which was awesome to see!