1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

The Kanto-themed carnival seemed quite random, but I was just satisfied that we saw Okido-hakase again, as well as flashbacks showing Satoshi's Lizardon. The fact that Iris thought that Lizardon was a Dragon-type made me chuckle, and it's a shame that N intervened when Kairyu fought Lizardon.

2. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Great to see Charizard back and all those flashbacks, it really brings me back. Misty and Brock and even Damien. It felt kind of awkward watching the OS flashbacks with Ash's TPCI voice, though.

3. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

Episodes like this just make Ash seem like he's more than an advertising tool. I like how he got nostalgic at a fair centered around his home-region. I like how we got to see him reflect on his travels and his friendship/bond with an old, faithful friend.

4. DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan Banned

Same. I like Charizard myself, but his comeback lacked sincerity and felt contrived for nostalgia pandering.

5. SinnohEevee

SinnohEevee Well-Known Member

I hate how he did nothing.
    Should have been used at the League.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

If Lizardon has shown up there, then he would've just ended up with a loss since Satoshi was destined to lose against Kotetsu regardless of which Pokemon he used.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  7. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

I found Iris to be adorable in this episode. I would have loved it if she ever did catch a Charmander like she originally wanted to, even though it's not a dragon type.

The battle and flashbacks were pretty good too and having N as part of the group was pretty interesting as well.

8. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Very nostalgic episode. I loved all of the cameos and flashbacks, and the short battle between Charizard and Dragonite was epic. Especially how Charizard just looks at Dragonite like that, ignoring the other Pokemon entirely.