• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
This flashbacks only showed the battle where Charizard won. Its like its losses don't exist anymore. Does that mean Torterra's, Totodile's and Torkoal's past is nearly non existential too? Those Pokemon barely won anything.

Haven't seen the episode yet. Hope it is as good as people are making it out to be. There is no room for disappointment.

Btw, I liked Liza's here before. Same goes for Jessie. Misty looks really nice in the pic.
Most of the people who've posted so far a Charizard over the top fans... I would take whatever they said about the episode with a grain of salt. Saying that though, it was a good enough episode

What could the likes of Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Kingler, Muk and etc possibly add to the current ongoing Saga?

well maybe if there is another don cup or something they could be brought back....but other than that nothing of value really

LizardonX

Banned
It's good to know the animators remembered that this ep was abour charizard. Not misty,not brock, not the advanced duo. But charizard.

Good ep BTW

probably the only good one in all of BW2 to date.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Best Charizard return episode ever! Was that a flashback of AG at the end of the flashbacks? It looked like. Now Iris and Dento can't call Ash a newbie, they now know what hes done and how many regions hes been to. Iris thinking Charizard is a Dragon type? Please tell me some one said what a kid to her? Cuz that is a kiddish thing to say, she should have gotten called out on it since shes always saying what a kid to every one else when they make mistakes :p

All the flashbacks, even just seeing the images made my heart all Warm. Holy clow, never thought Tracey would actually appear, he really did appear on screen with Oak, hurray for small wonders in life!!

I admit, seeing the new animation in the flashbacks was weird but I got used to it and thought it looked really good in the end. Too bad they never showed May in the flashback but hey.

Kanto fair was awesome! Too bad we didn't much of it but making room for flashbacks is fine.

Over all, one of the best episodes in a long time.

Awww this episode brings many sweet memories. Especially with Ash's Charizard and all those times that he have together. The clothes that Ash wore in the Hoenn Region suits him better than every other clothes he wears,and he looks much better without a hat. Now that Iris and Cilan realize that Ash have traveled many regions other than Unova, they can't treat him as a newbie as they know that Ash happened to be an advanced trainer due to his experiences throughout the different regions. I can't believe that Iris' Dragonite just picked a fight with Ash's Charizard. But I think that Charizard has matured.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Why don't you two write for this show?!111 ;_________;

...staraptor and female!Unfezant would be beautiful.

/killed

I can't stop smiling at Iris's little mistake about charizard. Its just too funny. I think for the first time in my life, I want to pat Iris on the head and say "Its okay. ^^;;" cause she was freaking out. XD

I wanna understand what N said D:

Argh, the only thing that sucks is Charizard's move set. God dangit. That animation of charizard looked epic, but then I remembered it was slash and wing attack, and I got sad.

Give me things like Shadow claw at least. GOD. lol

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
I read at another forum that Unova is too far away for Charizard to fly, so Oak let Charizard come to his ranch and put him in his pokéball so he could teleport him to Ash. I mean he had to send a pokémon in return for Charizard that's why he contacted Oak and not Liza (assuming that Liza also has one of those teleport machines, Ash would not send Unfezant to her for no reason)

That's a possibility, but Ash wanting Charizard to be transported to him wasn't a premeditated plan. It was a spur of the moment. If Oak specifically recalled Charizard from Liza then I would think it would take a bit longer to get him and it seemed that Ash instantaneously received Charizard right after asking Oak about him. That means that Charizard was already at Oaks Lab and has been there for a bit. If he had to fly from Johto to Kanto and then transported to Ash I would expect Ash to have to do other things and then go back to the transporter at the end of the episode. It was too instant of a process for Oak to transport Charizard to Ash for him not to be at the ranch.

as a long-time fan of the series, there's a part of me that definitely wants to nit-pick every little thing they changed about the flashback scenes (like Charmeleon's adorable little hand salute before evolving in "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon", which they now made into him just pointing at his head for no reason, and the fact that they cut down on Charmeleon's brief temper-tantrum before evolving, and so on). I don't speak Japanese, but it sounds like there was no explanation of how Charizard ended up at Oak's instead of the Valley, but that's also nit-picking, really. the animators/producers/etc aren't making this show to attract the 20-something-year-old fans who were watching Pokemon the in the late 90's, they're making it to attract new 6-10 year old's who will run out and beg their parents to buy every plushie and toy they make.

BUT there's another part of me that appreciates the realism of it, the fact that when a person describes his memories to his friends, he probably won't recount every little detail and every single word of dialogue exactly as it originally happened. overall, I appreciate the fanservice...bringing Charizard back at all, and dedicating (basically) an entire episode to telling his history with Ash. idk what it'll mean for fans whose first experience with the Pokemon anime is watching Best Wishes...but for me, overall, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Ha, just noticed Aerodactyls foot is coloured wrongly when its carrying Ash. Ive only seen the flashback, but it looks brilliant. Animations more fluid and the character movements arent so jerky.

ludiloco

Personally I think this was the best BW episode ever, those flashbacks, Charizard is back and that fluid animation make this episode a 8/10.

Of course it wasn't perfect, there were a lot of errors in the episode, like Ash's miscolored sleeve, Aerodactyl's orange leg, Pidgeot in the "Snow way out" flashback, and some others.

At least for me those errors didn't ruin me the episode, I enjoyed it a lot.

Yami Blaze

Beginning Trainer
This was an amazing episode. Even though I understand and appreciate that the Charific Valley made Charizard the pokemon he is now, I too want it to be confirmed that he resides at Oak's now. Same with Squirtle.
Regarding his new moveset, even though I would accept Charizard back even at the cost of him having ember, I am surprised they didn't set him up to have something like:
Flamethrower: The basic move
Shadow Claw
Sky Drop: I belong to the "category" of Charizard's fans that want Seismic Toss to die, at some point. Maybe I should post this at the unpopular beliefs thread. It is a fighting type move (Machokes learn it...) that doesn't suit him at all and he obtained it at a point when there wasn't anything better to give him. Sky Drop can do the job just fine and grant him the same type attack bonus.
Dragon Tail

That would be, in my opinion, a fresh and modern moveset (to Unova standards). It seems the writers overthink things sometimes. Maybe they wanted to give him a moveset similar to Red's Charizard in GSC?

Squirtle_007

Oooooooooh, even Tracey and Damien got a cameo and a redesign here ...

So, what makes this the Worst Episode Ever?

As for me, the fact of knowing Scraggy got rotated makes the episode good enough, If that thing won´t evolve (Scrafty is cool, Scraggy isn´t) then let him rot in Juniper lab (-_-)

As always, awesome episode, Best Wishes, best season ever

Last edited by a moderator:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So now Ash can magically sent his pokemon to Oak from Unova?

Canada

Banned
10/10 not bad i liked this episode its great but needs work im impressed good job

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Personally I think this was the best BW episode ever, those flashbacks, Charizard is back and that fluid animation make this episode a 8/10.

Of course it wasn't perfect, there were a lot of errors in the episode, like Ash's miscolored sleeve, Aerodactyl's orange leg, Pidgeot in the "Snow way out" flashback, and some others.

At least for me those errors didn't ruin me the episode, I enjoyed it a lot.

Wow I didn't even notice the Pidgeotto error before, not until you mentioned it.. They've seriously messed up its head colours and made it look more like Pidgeot with a hair cut. Guess it was an easy mistake though since compared to Pidgey and Pidgeot, they've rarely needed to draw Pidgeotto over the years..