• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flames of a Red-Hot Reunion! (777)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Is it possible that Eileen stevens dubbed misty's lines?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yes, Cilan, drive the nail further down into Ash's skin for telling him about not having such a strong Pokémon around. Charizard could've been a total show stealer back at the league... Damn you, Ash isn't even wincing! Curses! I must see pain to savor this better!

Anyway, I liked the flashbacks more than what was happening in the present because...well, I liked the past where there was more drama going around unlike today, y'know.

Oh Lisa Ortiz, you're always voicing pink-haired characters, but you're not Amy Rose anymore (and that's actually a shame to me).

Shadow XD001

I enjoyed this episode. Glad Charizard is returning (for good?) and the remade scenes were a nice touch. Love how the writers had Ash look up Charizard on the PokéDex because Iris thought it was a Dragon Type. :p He still had to look up Charmander. I guess Ash hasn't seen one in a while...

sandy ketchum

I enjoyed this episode. Glad Charizard is returning (for good?) and the remade scenes were a nice touch. Love how the writers had Ash look up Charizard on the PokéDex because Iris thought it was a Dragon Type. :p He still had to look up Charmander. I guess Ash hasn't seen one in a while...

i dont think charizard is returning for good. Even a slowpoke has a better memory than that guy :p

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It depends on what you mean by awhile. And he looked up charmander for new people and kids to see that didn't watch OS, and for practical purposes so he could see a new entry.

diakyu

It depends on what you mean by awhile. And he looked up charmander for new people and kids to see that didn't watch OS, and for practical purposes so he could see a new entry.
Well here it's easy to say he did it for Iris, Cilan, and N. Those three are unfamiliar with Kanto Pokemon and a starter pokemon is very rare so they've probably never heard of it.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
THIS.. is the best episode ive seen in awhile this upped pokemon! seeing flashbacks from the previous journeys really hit me :) especially seeing ritchies sparky! damien, misty, brock, ash's kanto outfit! how pokemon centers use to look like hahaha flashback after flashback! this was amazing and the battle with dragonite was insane!

Blaziryu

I just finished watching this episode and thought that it was good. It was cool seeing Ash's flashbacks of Charizard with animation of now instead of the past. I'm glad Charizard is back on Ash's roster and it would've beat Iris' Dragonite if they continue to battle. It's a damn shane that Ash didn't called back Charizard when he was competing in the Unova League.

halloweenghost

I was looking forward to how Damien was going to sound,.. they did a pretty good job.. sounded alot like how he did when Maddie did his voice so long ago. :)

Charizard is back! Welcome back buddy! Thoguh i wonder when XY starts will he just return to oak's or will he head back to the charicific valley... hmmmm I think it's time to return to the lab imo..but whatever lol

I also noticed the changed Pidgeotto's hair to what it should have always been. thats nice that they go back to try to fix stuff like that..

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I looked back at the episode again, and I did notice they didn't fix Ash's miscolor on his sleeve in one flashback. That's okay though, since it wasn't anything too major.

Watching it again just made me enjoy the episode even more. Having N around to experience Ash's old journeys mixes really well together.

UnovaCastaway

I loved this episode! What a mix of classic and new gen awesomeness! Although the festival and the battle felt a little short.

I cheered when they showed the Articuno battle.

Michele Knotz was Misty in the flashbacks. I saw her at an anime con today and she confirmed it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The dub episode was nice. Although this shows how much they've improved in calling out moves. I really disliked when they added attack to everything. Ex. "Use your Seismic Toss attack!" Misty sounded really weird, she sounded a bit like Iris.

I wouldve enjoyed this episode more if I didn't know beforehand that Charizard won't do anything for the rest of Black & White except run errands like Unfezant and every other generic flying Pokemon. So much hype for such a bad plot device. And don't get me started on the bad voice acting during the flash backs.

PokemonTrainerTyler

I wouldve enjoyed this episode more if I didn't know beforehand that Charizard won't do anything for the rest of Black & White except run errands like Unfezant and every other generic flying Pokemon. So much hype for such a bad plot device. And don't get me started on the bad voice acting during the flash backs.

Isn't the upcoming arc filler? That is what I heard. But he will be in the movie so we have that to look forward too

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I was definitely looking forward to this ep for a while now and it did not disappoint.

-The new-gen flashbacks were interesting to see but i still wonder if PUSA couldn't use original footage from the 4kids era because of copyright? Or it legally belongs to 4kids?

-Loved seeing a glimpse of Tracy and seeing Brock this gen even though its a flashback was a nice touch. And Misty after not seeing her since Season 8 (Advanced Battle) was a treat but i wished her Original VA was able to do it. I mean it was only 1 or 2 lines!

-Dragonite VS Charizard. What else can I say that hasn't already been said? It was epic. I love when episodes have this type of animation (Is there even a name for it?)

10/10

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
-The new-gen flashbacks were interesting to see but i still wonder if PUSA couldn't use original footage from the 4kids era because of copyright? Or it legally belongs to 4kids?

At this point, isn't 4Kids pretty much extinct? I think another dub company owns everything they use to now.

Still, it would have been fine enough to hire the older voice actors, but we know that's far from happening. It's too bad Racheal couldn't reprise Misty. After all, she was still cast by TPCi to voice Maylene in DP.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Did anyone else love how frustrated N got when he learned about Damien abandoning Charmander?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
This is a much needed episode mainly because the first half of the BW saga had absolutely no flashbacks or references to Ash's previous adventures whatsoever it was as if they never happened! While it's a shame the flashbacks didn't use their original audio the animation (despite being computer animated) was virtually identical. Overall a very much needed episode! It's good to see that the writers still remember the original fans of the anime! To tell you the truth I was pretty nervous :p