• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flamethrower or Fire Blast

120 Power and bad acc and PP or 95 in Power and good acc and PP?

• Total voters

Aya

It's Ayu, not Aya.
Flamethrower for sure. FireBlast looks cool but thats it. It gives you low pp with low accuracy so instead of havign 5 pp you really have 3-4 lol. It sucks!

I prefer the 100 Acc. ones, they're more reliable, Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Thunder, etc. never hit when I need it most >_<

Prime Wolf

I got a Wii!
95 Damage attacks, they basically are just as powerful against the weakness, and have better accuracy.

ziakra

So Zetta Slow!
I prefer accuracy and pp than an additional 25 base power...so I go for Flamethrower...hehehe

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
the 100% accuracy one's are way better, except thunder because you can make it 100% with rain dance

EmberGryphon

Meowth Fanatic <3
Yeah, I'm going with Flamethrower. The extra ten hits and the 100% accuracy really makes up for the lower power.

Even not taking accuracy into account, you can do 1425 total damage with fifteen hits with Flamethrower, compared with 600 total damage with five hits of Fire Blast. So, yeah. I go with Flamethrower. ^_^

RandomPerson123

Fire Blast is more powerful, but Flamethrower isn't too far off and has a better chance of hitting so I would choose Flamethrower.

Sk@rmory288

Put User Title Here
Flamethrower 15 pp > Fire Blast 5 PP

Accurate, decent damage, and decent supply or pp.

-The Skarm

Miguel Gale

I think it's obvious what most people think on this one.

Let's see... With Fire Blast, you get a possibility of dealing 625 base damage if they all hit (5), while with Flamethrower with 100% accuracy, you get a chance of dealing 1,425 base damage. Even when boosted to 8 PP for Fire Blast, 1,000 is the base damage, with only a 70% chance of hitting. And then, you factor in Hit Points and Special Defense...

My choice is Flamethrower because it gets things done and deals a lot more damage in the end.

Flamethrower beats Fire Blast in every way but power, and even then there isn't too too much of a big deal. It has more than 80 base damage, so it's good imo

~fuzzy out~

xgina

Banned
Once my two friends were battling. One had Groudon and the other Sceptile. Sceptile won because Groudon's Fire Blast missed. If Groudon had had Flamethrower, it would've won. So, accuracy>power. In other words, Flamethrower>Fire Blast.

Raikou77

Flamethrower > Fire Blast

Better Accuracy

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Not necessarily.

Flamethrower is good for special sweepers who do require the accuracy in battle. Fire Blast on the other hand is better on physical sweepers like Blaziken or things like Weezing so they don't get walled by steel types and other physical walls a.k.a. Skarmory. In this case Fire Blast is prefered over Flamethrower because you really need to take out that wall fast, or it will start to wreak havoc on your physical sweeper.

The Mighty Wurmple

It depends on the Pokemon. If there is a Pokemon like Rayquaza, who was using the FlameClaw combo, then you would use Flamethrower, but if it was a Pokemon with crap Special Attack, then you would use Fire Blast. Well, IMO anyway.