• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flamethrower or Fire Blast

120 Power and bad acc and PP or 95 in Power and good acc and PP?

• Total voters

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
It all comes down to Special Attack, and the Special Defense of the opponent. FB may kill something, while FT might only knock it to the red zone.

I prefer FT over FB, due to PP, and accuracy. BP has nothing to do with it, its what milk you can get from the cow.

Nintendo_lord

Flamethrower is so much better. It's accuracy and extra PP make it an awesome attack. I agree with the 95-acc attacks except for surf and Hydro Pump, then Hydro Pump wins.

Scenice

~ Grace ~
Flamethrower with the good acc. But I tend to use thunder because of the rain dance combo

G-Blastoise

fire blast....its POWER...PP by using the item PP UP

G-Blastoise

i say best is secret fire wich can use ONLY ho-oh

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Those with 95 power are better , tho sometimes 120 is better for example a Hydro Pump for Reli in 3rd gen if you wanted a water STAB and it has low sp.atk so HP is best for water STAB, and for Kyogre, other poke with rain dance thunder is better since it'l have more acc and it has 10pp-16pp so it's better with rain dance, but the hail+blizzard thing..dunno it's good but has only 5-8 pp, so ice beam is better IMO, but in general like I said 95 based powered is better than 120 [excloding raind dancers and sunny beamers]

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Those with 95 power are better , tho sometimes 120 is better for example a Hydro Pump for Reli in 3rd gen if you wanted a water STAB and it has low sp.atk so HP is best for water STAB, and for Kyogre, other poke with rain dance thunder is better since it'l have more acc and it has 10pp-16pp so it's better with rain dance, but the hail+blizzard thing..dunno it's good but has only 5-8 pp, so ice beam is better IMO, but in general like I said 95 based powered is better than 120 [excloding raind dancers and sunny beamers]

Congratulations, you've just repeated what hundreds of people said ages ago

Last edited:

G-Blastoise

changed my mind...i say flamethrower too..

OtterPops

Mareep!
Flamethrower is sooo much better obviously (it has 96 votes...). And on Weezing and other physical sweepers, I use Flamethrower, also, since every time I use Fire Blast I miss (especially when I need it to hit most) and I don't kill the Skarmory/Metagross/etc. >.<;

-;179;

Zoshi

Unique
I always use Flamethrower. I never use Fire Blast because it tends to miss. And it's PP is bad

And Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Surf are all better.