• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flaming and whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
It has come to my attention that some people have been inherently rude to some members.

I will not mention specifically who these are, but any forum regular will probably know who I am talking about. Now, these members may have been banned before, or are currently banned, but this doesn't allow others the privilege to insult them as they please. In my opinion, anyway.

In contrast, there are some members who have been banned have many who eagerly await their return to the forums.

I understand that certain members may classify as being "annoying" to others, but just being annoyed at a person shouldn't be a ticket for another to attack the irksome member.

I do ask that some people would, at least, have some general maturity and etiquette and let the Moderators to ban (or not to ban) as they please.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Well, the thing is, this isn't a democracy, and the moderators pretty much get to ban who they please regardless of what we want.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Basically what I'm trying to say is that the insults of some members seem like flaming to me.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Well there's a line that needs to be considered between flaming and insults, and because the moderators are people, they don't feel like living their life inspecting that line. So some things are let go where others are taken care of. It's not perfectly just, but it works okay for now.

Well we cant do anything if its not reported to us.

PMs >>>> reported posts

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Do you guys even look at reported posts? I know there's a section for them but I've been told most mods don't look at it. And it'd be nice to know if I'm wasting my time reporting. ^_^;
I've noticed reports getting more and more noticed, and I believe it's because of that particular section. So, Not all of them use it, however a few do. Threads getting closed faster, things getting done more efficiently....
So it's the reports or Joe's got the whole staff on 'roids. :p

Kinslayer

Nevermore...
Do you guys even look at reported posts? I know there's a section for them but I've been told most mods don't look at it. And it'd be nice to know if I'm wasting my time reporting. ^_^;
When I was a mod, I always checked out reported stuff instantly. I would hope/assume that the others do, as well. Otherwise, why are they mods?

Well, some flamers, like Josh, facetious, and Jenni, will never be banned. Others are banned a lot.

This is the God damn internet, what did you expect?
Feel free to direct me to all the posts in which I flame members specifically by name. :)

Dunno about Jenni, cos she never posts much anymore anyways, and last time she did she was infracted for it accordingly by Rave and Psiumbreon. As for facetious, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahaha

Yes it really is that funny.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahaha
haha
ha

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Mondo- Hmm I noticed reports have worked alot, well I have only been reporting in my club when a homophobia decides to show up, I either report or sent a pm to a mod who's already a member of the club
Cryto- Jenni? I haven't seen her posts much so I wouldn't know if she was flaming. And I think we should just let facetious go, ignore him, well much as you can unless it's you being insulted.

Yeah there flaming around, but there is always going to be flaming. I know now that the Internet is not the place to escape to reality (Games that aren't online are thought) because there are actual people on the other side of the computer.

Well, some flamers, like Josh, facetious, and Jenni, will never be banned. Others are banned a lot.

This is the God damn internet, what did you expect?

wat

Feel free to direct me to all the posts in which I flame members specifically by name. :)

Dunno about Jenni, cos she never posts much anymore anyways, and last time she did she was infracted for it accordingly by Rave and Psiumbreon. As for facetious, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahaha

Yes it really is that funny.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahahahaha
hahahaha
haha
ha

Um, because Rave is a n00b.

Last edited:

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
Check out your rules MISC thread.

You humiliate/insult plenty of people there while at the same time being absolutely HILARIOUS.

facetious

facetious
It has come to my attention that some people have been inherently rude to some members.

I will not mention specifically who these are, but any forum regular will probably know who I am talking about. Now, these members may have been banned before, or are currently banned, but this doesn't allow others the privilege to insult them as they please. In my opinion, anyway.

In contrast, there are some members who have been banned have many who eagerly await their return to the forums.

I understand that certain members may classify as being "annoying" to others, but just being annoyed at a person shouldn't be a ticket for another to attack the irksome member.

I do ask that some people would, at least, have some general maturity and etiquette and let the Moderators to ban (or not to ban) as they please.
Must be Asperger's syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.