• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flannery Matchup

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Would i beat her with these.
Just a quick opinion

It is ruby by the way...
I barely have any good tm's so....
Level 27 Combusken
Peck
Cut
Double Kick
Ember

Level 26 Pelipper
Protect
Water gun
Supersonic
Wing Attack

Level 26 Mightyena
Tackle
Rocksmash
Sand-attack
Bite

Level 25 Roselia
Magical Leaf
Poison Sting
Bullet Seed
Mega Drain

Last edited:

Eckle

I had an almost identical team to you (actually only non-EVed Combusken and pelipper and won so you have a good chance)

try to kill off the slugma twins with pokemon other than combusken if u can so u have a mint condition pelipper for Torkoal who's high defence and fire resistance will stump your other pokemon except Roselia,

though bringing that out wouldn't be very wise unless its really fast and even then it hasn't got the movepool to do any real damage to fire types

Last edited:
If you ask me, I'd say that Combusken's Double Kick and Pelipper's Water Gun should be enough to send Flannery's pokemon home crying.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I don't think Double Kick will be enough to beat Torkoal. You might want to catch a Staryu or something to deal with Flannery.

Here's some suggestions for future current Pokemon:

Blaziken
- Flamethrower
- Sky Uppercut
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up

No clue on Pelipper or Mightyena because I don't use them.

Roselia
- Magical Leaf
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Toxic / Grasswhistle / Growth / Stun Spore
Roselia has a horrible movepool in this generation, so the above set is the best she can do.

Last edited:

redados

if i were you, i would evolve wingull into pelliper. i'd do that because you would have more water power.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
IMO, use Combusken's Double Kick on Slugma, and use Wingull/Pelipper on Torkoal. IIRC Torkoal knows Overheat/Attract/?/? but I am definite it doesn't know a Rock-Type move.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
IMO, use Combusken's Double Kick on Slugma, and use Wingull/Pelipper on Torkoal. IIRC Torkoal knows Overheat/Attract/?/? but I am definite it doesn't know a Rock-Type move.
Torkoal knows Body Slam, Overheat, and Attract, but no Rock move. Teach Wingull a strong Water move an it alone can sweep Flannery (most of the times, though).

SilverMorty

The last move it has is Flail, but she rarely pulls that out

what you can do if you want, you can scarifice you're other pokemon like Roselia when it usees Overheat so the Sp. Atk drop would pile up and would help Pelipper

but really Pelipper should be able to handle it on its own. Combusken Double Kick is good for Slugma since it has low Degense.

The only thing Pelipper really has to fear is Body Slam and its paralysis, but Pelipper has high Defense anyway. If you want you could keep switching Mightyena in and out so Intimidate also lowers Torkoal's attack.

You could try poisoning Torkoal with Roselia's poison sting? lol xD

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
Despite Combusken not being fully evolved it can kick Flannery's pokémon asses in a heartbeat or 500

masterleo

Order Up!
Team looks good, get in there and kick ***!