• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flickr Sold; Terms Changing

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
"You retain all intellectual property rights in and to any User Content you post, upload or otherwise make available through the Services, including the copyright in and to your photos and videos. SmugMug does not claim any ownership, right, title or interest in and to your User Content.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, by uploading and/or posting any User Content to the Services, you grant SmugMug a perpetual, nonexclusive and royalty-free right to use the User Content (and the user name that is submitted in connection with such User Content) as is reasonably necessary in order to enable SmugMug to provide the Services, including to display the User Content on the Services."

I don't remember that 2nd paragraph... Guess I'll have to figure out how to delete my account. :(

Flickr's old license only lasted as long as you used the service. That's why I chose Flickr.

This isn't stealing per se, since it's something users agree to. It is, however, asking too much for this user.

Here are the complete terms, if you want to read them: https://www.smugmug.com/about/terms-flickr

Reyzadren

Dark trainer
I am somewhat displeased with the undisclosed changes upon Flickr now, as I've been using Flickr as my preferred image host since its beginning.

Though, this is just an initial assessment from me, as Smugmug doesn't look like it's keeping Flickr with such services, rather, it's trying to push the photography side of things, of which I (and a lot of gamers out there) am/are not interested in.