• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flint Lights The Fire (633)

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
If you're referring to me, I did say I don't think an Elite 4 arc is happening now. If not, sorry, carry on :D

Was referring to the general populous that honestly believed Ash would go against Cynthia, let alone the entire Elite 4. From this episode you can easily tell that Ash still has a LOOOOOONG way to go before he is capable of defeating any Elite 4 member.

Dax

Legend
I really loved the voice they gave Volkner's Pikachu. <3

You know... I find Aqua Jet, Volt Tackle, Brave Bird and Flare Blitz rather similar attacks. Their way of attacking is the same but with a different element. I'd be really disappointed if Ash's Infernape doesn't learn it. It'd be cool if his team manages to fully have those type of attacks.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The thign that bugged me was Buizel still using Water Gun instead of Water Pulse.

I mean Buizel's Wate Plse retains its spherical shape which is cool. It's a water type Aura Sphere.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I mean Buizel's Wate Plse retains its spherical shape which is cool. It's a water type Aura Sphere.

Comparing it to Aura Sphere? Aura Sphere is much stronger and it doesn't cause Confusion upon contact, the only similarity is probably the pulse. I'm not mad at any attack choices that Ash may have made just because I know that no matter what move he'd use, it wouldn't have ended the battle in his favor. I predicted that he'd lose, no matter which Pokemon he'd end up using against Flint. I saw this coming a mile away :(

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Comparing it to Aura Sphere? Aura Sphere is much stronger and it doesn't cause Confusion upon contact, the only similarity is probably the pulse. I'm not mad at any attack choices that Ash may have made just because I know that no matter what move he'd use, it wouldn't have ended the battle in his favor. I predicted that he'd lose, no matter which Pokemon he'd end up using against Flint. I saw this coming a mile away :(

I never said it has the same effects I was stating that Buizel's Water Pulse looks like Lucario's Aura Sphere as it was most likely the move that made Buizel learn WP.

Other pokemon's water pulse turns into a wave of water after the pulse but Buizel's remains a ball of water.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
You know... I find Aqua Jet, Volt Tackle, Brave Bird and Flare Blitz rather similar attacks.

Aqua Jet seems similar to three blitzkreig moves? oO

Their way of attacking is the same but with a different element. I'd be really disappointed if Ash's Infernape doesn't learn it.

I'd be disapointed if he did learn it, Staraptor and Pikachu have that area covered enough.

It'd be cool if his team manages to fully have those type of attacks.

Yes because they'll kill themselves while trying to beat Paul at the league, who could easily spam protect and block them.

Flare Blitz in my opinion is too generic for my tastes if Infernape is to pick up any more fire attacks, let it get Blast Burn and be done with it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Aqua Jet seems similar to three blitzkreig moves? oO

I think he means that all of them have the Pokemon wrapping themselves in an "elemental" aura of sorts before attacking their opponent. I can see that similarity. I like Infernape's Flare Blitz just because it's like the exact opposite of Aqua Jet.

thunderblade12

I doubt Buizel forgot Water Pulse.

Ursula's Plusle and Minun each had 6 moves:
Discharge
Charge Beam
Charge
Spark
Encore
Helping Hand

Dax

Legend
I think he means that all of them have the Pokemon wrapping themselves in an "elemental" aura of sorts before attacking their opponent. I can see that similarity. I like Infernape's Flare Blitz just because it's like the exact opposite of Aqua Jet.

Exactly. :)

kemal07

Sounds like a brilliant episode.
I have a question in mind.

This flashback occured in both episodes where Aaron debuted and Lucian debuted where they were coloured.
Did this flashback occur in this episode with Flints original colour,
because this was the only reason why i always thought all elite members will show up at some point... if it didnt maybe Bertha will be scrapped. lol just conclusions.

However,overall im happy theres no sight of octillery and Ambipom as of yet as they were ridiculous in the games

zeno48

Zaker!
It's kinda sad the way Ash lost. He didn't even touch infernape and i'm starting to doubt he can even achieve their level. I mean his starter was slaughtered for god's sake. I don't think their will be an elite 4 arc anymore because that was embarrasing and their is obviously a huge power gap when it comes to the e4. He could have at least tired it out a little but who am i kidding. This is the same old same old Ash and it seems like it's not going to change for awhile.

Clubfoot

Hurricane-Thunder
I find It weird a can handle a brain, but not a e4 member.

kemal07

Brains werent that easy though he had to rebattle Anabel and Brandon.
and dont forget

Ash used his old pokemon for the brains who are alot stronger than his sinnoh pokemon as they have had more training. Ash has only used his sinnoh pokemon against the Elite 4Members.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Sunyshore is shiny. And has way too many solar panels.
-Movie 7 called, it wants its city design back.
-Moving sidewalks. For when people are too lazy to walk anywhere at any time.
-Ash gets to the gym and a voice gives him a pile of badges. THIS ISN'T KANTO, WRITERS. STOP IT WITH THE PITY BADGES!!
-Oh wait, Ash has actually grown as a person(and the writers have grown as writers) and he doesn't just grab a badge and go on his way.
-Dawn connects the dots between "Paul hating the Sunyshore gym" and "FREE BADGES TO A GOOD HOME"
-Ronald McDonald appears just in time for the new Pokemon Happy Meal Toys(only at McDonalds).
-AshnCo go up a very glassy tower, and encounter...a Raichu!
-Volkner(now with 99% less hair brightness) shows up, and he's...exactly as I expected him to be. Other than the strangely dark hair bit.
-This is gonna be one of those episodes where I can't really figure out what's going on because 80% of it is talking, isn't it?
-The waiter has a very...OUT THERE...hairstyle for a generic background character.
-They're eating sandwiches, which means the dub will edit those out and replace them with rice balls. (does the dub even do stupid edits like that anymore? I stopped paying attention to it ages ago)
-Ash isn't going to be happy until he gets that battle!
-As a kid, Flint apparently got involved in shady back alley fights against thugs and random other kids. He also had a much smaller afro.
-So apparently Flint went out in the world and eventually become an E4 member, while Volkner got bored beating the snot out of challengers all the time and obsessively made solar panels for every goddamned building in town.
-...and moving sidewalks, and eleveated roads, and the huge tower from earlier, and...
-Moral of the story:If you're that bored with your job, give it to someone who will do it right and not just hand out badges like candy!
-If Volkner made any more robotic things for his Gym, I'd swear the fans got the whole "old people who tutored Cyrus a kid who was withdrawn and into tinkering with machines" thing wrong.
-You can tell Ash will lose by the way he's just ATTACKING ATTACKING ATTACKING and his opponent his just countering everything perfectly.
-Infernape vs Infernape. The writers just couldn't resist!
-And now for Ash's Lv.6000 Pikachu!
-Pikachu put up a decent-ish fight at first, but now it's just taking a beating.
-Seeing Ash's Pikachu getting beaten up has Volkner getting closer to a breakthrough!
-Aaaand there we have it. How convenient that Ash did identical things to what Volkner once did as a kid, eh?
-The waiter was the person who fought Flint/Volkner with that Houndoom all that time ago? I'm sure the writers are intending for there to be a reaction here, but I've got nothing.
-Seriously guys, just have Volkner want to battle already I'm getting tired of all these flashbacks showing him doing in battle against Houndoom what Ash is going now against Infernape.
-...I just noticed the Chiisaki Mono instrumental going on in the background. You know things are happening when I don't notice THAT!
-A James whose bottlecap has been stolen is a TERRIFYING James.
-Blah blah Volkner is happy again blah.

Magical Needle Smash

Flint's Infernape has been with him since he was a kid. It has the experience and the battle technique to demolish anything that comes in its way. For some reason it's Flin't main pokemon.

Exactly. However strong Pikachu was in its best battle, this Infernape is at last as strong and likely much more so given the greater amount of experience it has.

dman_dustin

Infernape's strength is logical to me. No matter if Ash's Infernape is his strongest pokemon in his Sinnoh team; Flint's Infernape has been with him since he was a kid. It has the experience and the battle technique to demolish anything that comes in its way. For some reason it's Flin't main pokemon.

I disagree because at least Cynthia's Garchomp actually flinched or appeared to take damage, heck Paul brought it to it's knees, and yet apparently Flint's Infernape appears to be stronger than Cynthia's Garchomp.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
-If Volkner made any more robotic things for his Gym, I'd swear the fans got the whole "old people who tutored Cyrus a kid who was withdrawn and into tinkering with machines" thing wrong.

Fans? Nah. Cyrus was identified by name.

The show's writers, on the other hand...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Well whaddya know, I finally found the time to stop watching that new trailer for Super Mario Galaxy 2 to watch something else! Even though no sane person predicted an Ash victory against Flint, I'm actually a little disappointed he didn't get at least a few hits in, especially with three Pokemon. However, I was pleased with TR's role in this episode, taking a backseat and plotting their scheme for next week.

NOTE: Volkner and Flint Character Discussion topics will come soon!

Last edited:
I knew something was up with the bartender. And what a lovely view Sunnyshore City has. And isn't there a shipping for Volkner and Flint? Nice to see Volkner relating his Raichu as a Pikachu when Ash's Pikachu fought hard.

uber gon

Accept Change
I was kinda hoping Flare Blitz would not be some fire aura attack. Would have been nice to see Infernape's fur catch on fire.