1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Flint Lights The Fire (633)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I liked how Ash didn't want to take a free Beacon badge cuz of his pride and Flint was so cool. I knew Ash wouldn't defeat him, but I liked how Volkner witnessed their battle and became less depressed at the end. ^^

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Ohba was awesome as expected, and him being Denzi's childhood buddy was a nice game reference. Denzi's depression was handled well, and although I know that Satoshi had too much pride to have accepted the Beacon Badge without a fight, he has accepted free Badges before. How things have changed.

3. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I loved the rivalry between Flint and Volkner and Flint's Infernape was a beast. I was surprised that the poacher was the coffee shop guy. Great backstory as well between Flint and Volkner as well nice to go into a bit of history.

4. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

I like how they went about Volkner's personality. It seemed alot like that of his in the games. I like it when the anime tries to follow the games closely.

5. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

In Ash's defense, he hadn't won a 'pity badge' in a long time, so him refusing to take a Beacon badge that he didn't earn was well within his character traits. I would've been shocked if he had taken the badge cuz he doesn't accept handouts. :3

6. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

Ash vs. Flint seemed like a waste since Ash lost and it made Flint seem unbeatable. For once I wish Ash had defeated an Elite Four member.

7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

In hindsight, Denzi's lethargy with Gym battles seemed similar to what Sumomo went through, except that Denzi was upset due to his opponents being too weak instead of them being too tough.

8. Vulpicks

Vulpicks Well-Known Member

It was extremely freaking cool how the poacher ended up being the bartender lol.

Daizy likes this.
  9. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

This episode was fun. Ash vs Flint was exciting especially with Volkner's memories mixed in. I couldn't help thinking of LaRousse City with the moving streets in the beginning in Sunyshore though.

10. I liked how Sunyshore City looked futuristic like the city in the Deoxys movie. I also thought that the writer did a supremely good job keeping the Volkner story line completely intact and giving it a little extra attention as well by showing us Volkner's past. Flint was a pretty cool character and the thing that I didn't really like was the twist about the poacher suddenly being a good person.