• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Floating Rhinos, Ghosts, Monkeys and Dragons!

ludicolo_kid

And a Duck for support. Team is based around Floatzel, who's an awesome BPer. My team is almost entirely physical, and if you could have 7 Pokemon on a team Mag would be great. Skarm gets hit pretty hard by everything regardless though, so I'm not sure it'll matter. Like all my teams probably has some big hole in it, I don't have anything that can really take status.

dpmfb424.png

Ambipom@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Jolly Nature

Double Hit
Pursuit
U-Turn
Aerial Ace

Beats the **** out of a lot of common leads. Thanks to Technician it OHKOs Gar and friends even if they stay in for some reason. Double Hit has something like 157 power on this thing iirc. Crappy Choice Scarf versions of things beat it, but it's cooler than them. Double Hit can clean sweep an injured team most likely. Toy can have some credit for using this first, even though I'd forgotten he had if that makes any sense.

dpmfb373.png

Salamence@ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 148 Spd / 108 Sp Atk
Naughty Nature

Dragon Claw
Brick Break
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor

Toy's mix set. Yeah amazing. It's back. Pass me a Bulk Up or two and I'll clean sweep. Brick Break 2HKOs Bliss, everything else dies in a fiery mess of either STAB move or Pumps. Ultimate late game cleaner imho.

dpffb488.png

Cresselia@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Sp Atk
Bold Nature

Ice Beam
Light Screen
Grass Knot
Moonlight

Support. Helps with lots of threats, and Light Screen helps Float to Bulk Up a bit better. I wanted T Wave on this but it invites Hera for the rape and it really needs the recovery.

dpmfb419.png

Floatzel@ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature

Waterfall
Bulk Up
Taunt
Baton Pass

Jumpman off Smogon's set. Sigh, FloatzJump? Not like he needs more sets named after him but this really is amazing and was the inspiration for the team. This outspeeds max Speed Gar. Basically, come in on Bliss, Bulk Up and then laugh as they don't know what to send in. Taunt Skarm/Gyara and things, and nobody likes switching into a Bulk Upped STAB Waterfall. Pass one or two Bulk Ups to another member for the sweep.

dpmfb477.png

Dusknoir@ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 120 Def / 118 Sp Def
Careful Nature

Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Pain Split

Triple punching Dusk. Covers a lot of things that'd otherwise beat me, and is utter fun with a few Bulk Ups and possibly a Light Screen as well. Originally used by nooblet.

dpmfb464.png

Rhyperior@ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 156 Def / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Substitute

This is gfg anyway but if you add Bulk Up/Light Screen support it's bordering on ridiculous. If they have a Tar/Hippo you can guarantee I will be laughing away with this.

That's it. Rate it please.

"L"

You've gotta love that Ambipom lead. Bumping because I cant find flaws, maybe someone else can.

I thought Technician only powered up Ambi's weakest move, so I guess no power up for Pursuit.

EDIT: Forgot to say this: Damn you for posting a team with an Ambi lead before me!

Last edited:

LEWIS

Aiming for the top!
...Must it always be I to start "dialogues" when ludicolo kid posts a thread?! Well, I will, then...

Your leading is scary, I'll give you that! But the whole Team is around a POkéMON that easily gets beaten... taunting Gyarados is asking to be Earthquaked/Stone Edged, so make sure Baton Pass has been used at least 3 to 4 times...

After using the first Baton Pass, you'll be dead, so for that Team to work you MUST know when to use Floatzel... still, Timid Darkrai eats you alive.

if your Floatzel faints, you're likely to lose, so I repeat: you MUST know when to use it! And using it against Bliss isn't very wise... sp. Blissey has become more popular than the wall one...

Also, Salamence's speed is too low,to beat other Mences you must raise it. Its attack isn't that important, as Bulk Up will help (again, its all around an easy-picking POKéMON!)

...But your Floatzel is quite unpredictable (more than the sweeping one) so I guess you won't have that big of a problem. Still... the first Bulk Up is when you'll easily get killed. Remember that.

EDIT: Finally choping sentences! :)

Last edited:

Hippo

Cookie Lover
You've gotta love that Ambipom lead. Bumping because I cant find flaws, maybe someone else can.

I thought Technician only powered up Ambi's weakest move, so I guess no power up for Pursuit.

I thought Technician powered up moves with 60 or less BP by 1.5x, so it didn't matter if it was the weakest move or not.
As ridiculous as it is, i like it... I might have to steal it to use sometime... =P
Though it looks like hands coming out of his butt.

A hazer or something could cause some problems, but they don't seem to be too common really.

I like the team, and the name looks a lot like mine... =P

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
...Must it always be I to start "dialogues" when ludicolo kid posts a thread?! Well, I will, then...

Your leading is scary, I'll give you that! But the whole Team is around a POkéMON that easily gets beaten... taunting Gyarados is asking to be Earthquaked/Stone Edged, so make sure Baton Pass has been used at least 3 to 4 times...

After using the first Baton Pass, you'll be dead, so for that Team to work you MUST know when to use Floatzel... still, Timid Darkrai eats you alive.

if your Floatzel faints, you're likely to lose, so I repeat: you MUST know when to use it! And using it against Bliss isn't very wise... sp. Blissey has become more popular than the wall one...

Also, Salamence's speed is too low,to beat other Mences you must raise it. Its attack isn't that important, as Bulk Up will help (again, its all around an easy-picking POKéMON!)

...But your Floatzel is quite unpredictable (more than the sweeping one) so I guess you won't have that big of a problem. Still... the first Bulk Up is when you'll easily get killed. Remember that.

EDIT: Finally choping sentences! :)

Who the heck uses Darkrai in OU? And do you honestly think he'll be stupid enough to play Flpatzel wrong?

Raikou77

The only thing I see is that you don't have a rapid spinner, which could give you a bit of problems.

LEWIS

Aiming for the top!
...But don't you agree? That Floatzel is too frail to Bulk Up... Two and you're probably out... if not on the first one!

And if you use Light Screen, you'll probably be asking for physical damage, meaning your Floatzel will get killed! Only your HP could save you...

And if your Mence faints, CSCross will get rid of you... and if you use Dusknoir, the opponent will switch, get rid of it and then slice and dice your Team into bits...

That team is brilliant, really, but unpredictable opponents or bad use of the Team will lead you to death.

"L"

It's not like he has a SR weak, and Spikes seems not to be used a lot. I'd just be careful on Mence since SR+Sand Storm+ Life orb damage will pile up. Meh it's not like it's the CB/CS versiaon that has to switch out every so often.

Damn me and my writer's block version of making teams(All ending in a hera weak sadly).

Floatzel is not the centre of attention here you know......

ludicolo_kid

Yeah Technician boosts all moves of 60BP or below by 1.5, so I have 157 bp Double Hit (That's when it hits twice) 90 bp Aerial Ace and 60 bp Pursuit.

Darkrai is Uber. I have no need to counter it when it won't be used against this standard team. And I am not likely to lose if Float dies at all. The team functions perfectly well alone as Float isn't countering anything, just passing Bulk Ups for the sweep.

One of the few things that Floatzel can't really beat is Weezing. If I get Weez out the way it's likely GG.

And even if they have CMBliss, they're still going to switch if they have an ounce of common sense when the current standard is a CBer who would outspeed and do a lot of damage to them. If they stay in, then I'm not bothered. I'll likely survive the Thunderbolt, and can simply Baton Pass off next turn.

Mence's speed is fine. I bring it out when I know it can sweep the board. Most common counters are bulky waters carrying Ice Beam. They generally get destroyed by Draco Meteor. That leaves physical counters like Ice Shard/Punch, which won't OHKO with a couple of Bulk Ups.

I'm pretty sure someone will find a flaw, and please do. The main problem I think is that Float runs on surprise, and if this becomes standard people will find a way to deal with it. That aside, I can only currently see Weezing as the safe switch in.

EDIT- :eek: How many posts?

LEWIS

Aiming for the top!
In OU? It doesn't matter! Anyone could use anything in Wi-Fi battles or competitor! Don't tell me this appears: "your opponent has OU POKéMON", so you cannot use Darkrai. Don't come at me with that!

"L"

Floatzel outspeeds a sh*tload of crap

LEWIS the people we would battle have a mutual understanding of the tiers. Unless were trying to be jack*sses we wont use Ubers in the OU team. And I thought NB had something to tell you how many ubers are used, so why wont competitor

Last edited:

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
This is a team for proper battles (Likely against people from this forum). It's not for p*ssing around on PBR (You can only do random on PBR)

LEWIS

Aiming for the top!
...Is that so? And where are you going to do the "proper battles"?...And you use random stuff in DP's Wi-Fi and Competitor, or am I wrong? If I am, sorry for the ignorance. I just don't know that technical "standard, Uber or whatever" thing... can you give me a link to see wich POKéMON are what? I need to start knowing that stuff so I won't post "fail"...

ludicolo_kid

There are clauses. On Competitor it will tell me if they are using Ubers, and I can just refuse the challenge. On Wi-Fi I will set up clauses before I battle, and so I will just count it as a win for me if they break one.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
...Is that so? And where are you going to do the "proper battles"?...And you use random stuff in DP's Wi-Fi and Competitor, or am I wrong? If I am, sorry for the ignorance. I just don't know that technical "standard, Uber or whatever" thing... can you give me a link to see wich POKéMON are what? I need to start knowing that stuff so I won't post "fail"...

PMs and Wi-Fi Leagues I'd assume

spareux

maldición
leiws
I've been gone from here for two weeks
I've just got back yesterday
and I already realise you're a ****tard. stop posting please.

I liek Floatzel ^___^

I can't see any weaks tbh

also get on msn ***** =(

ludicolo_kid

Floatzel is ^__^.

Surprised it's no weak. I had Mag over Dusk, and accidentally clicked on it instead of Rhy and put it in and lol it's covered all my weaks.

See if anyone else finds any though.

EDIT- Situtational bollocks that AZ, and Dusk is one of the better Hera counters with Fire Punch.