• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fluffychomp boost?

FearTheBeans

I was looking at the megalo cannon set and saw :612: haxorus! Since i run a fluffychomp deck and i saw all the plasma pokemon in thunderknuckle, i was thinking of putting a 2-1-2 line into my fluffychomp. any thoughts about this?
;445; ;334;

teh_original_pikachu

Don't use my avi -_-
I'd say that you should tech in a Latias EX from the upcoming plasma freeze, since you can snatch it up with gabite, and stall keldeo, darkrai, and the like. 2-1-2 is too spacious for anything that runs a stage 2 already, yet anything less will be inconsistent.

FearTheBeans

I'd say that you should tech in a Latias EX from the upcoming plasma freeze, since you can snatch it up with gabite, and stall keldeo, darkrai
that's a decent reply. All it'd be able to do is stall, so unless i decided to run a skyarrow bridge, it'd have to waste an energy or switch or such to switch up, plus catchers can get around the latias making it kinda dead weight. i could use 4 rarecandies and take out fraxure

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
that's a decent reply. All it'd be able to do is stall, so unless i decided to run a skyarrow bridge, it'd have to waste an energy or switch or such to switch up, plus catchers can get around the latias making it kinda dead weight. i could use 4 rare candies and take out fraxure

I would never put latias through that much pain, if you have to fight a big basics deck (lando/tornadus/mewtwo) which seems to be the thing nowadays, and even after plasma freeze will still be even more playable, and even darkrai decks evening out sableye and darkrai (sableye will just hit you for 60 dmg before you even get a chance to attack, and you'll get ko'd by a sableye if it goes first and you leave it out there, 170 by the turn you get to attack, theres just no winning against darkrai decks at that point), ray/eels doesn't need an attacker with an ability playing, and my articunos punch it in the face turn 1 for 90 dmg, so at this point latias is dead weight and in most cases an easy prize, I would advise against playing it, maybe before our HTL+virbank format but now just keep it in you're binder for latias sake (I love that dragon and I don't want to see it in pain).

What I did want to say about adding haxorus into fluffy chomp was this...

2-2-3 or 4 garchomp (i'm not getting rid of gabite completely, however it's not entirely needed for garchomp/haxorus, you could just drop it because cradily's attacks doesn't benefit from having those cards in you're hand but it does benefit the turn 2 altaria which is why I left it in there at you're discretion)
3 haxorus (you could play 4 but idk if you want to play another stage 2 dragon pokemon like salamence or dragonite.
2-2 or 3-3 cradily. Now how this works is, you ultra ball lileep into the discard, play its ability to the bottom of you're deck and then use the fossil card to grab it back, turn 2 you now can just use it's 1 energy attack to search you're deck and put a stage 2 pokemon onto the field without evolution, best part is, for each energy you have attached you cradily you can put that many stage 2 pokemon down, now this helps alot in making certain that you don't have to have those large and space consuming stage 2 lines giving you more time to setup altaria for garchomp, because to be honest playing 2 stage 2 pokemon lines in you're deck slows you're deck down dramatically, this is a future card but we will get it around August this year, and proxing the card does help decide weather you want to play it or not I figure, saves me money on cards)
4-4 altraia

Last edited:

Swagsire

Ven's pretty spot on. Except for the fact that energy is EVERYWHERE. I guess..teching in a few grass wouldnt be so hard. But I could think of so many better decks to stage 2 up with Cradily.

On another note I'm cheekily thinking about latias/altaria. no garchomp. because dragon energy requirements already scare the living daylights out of me. Sure it's not gonna be a worlds winning list but it breaks keldeo, klingklang, and still even does a thing or two to darkrai, all of which are the highest ranking decks in my meta. Qwaa ;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Ven's pretty spot on. Except for the fact that energy is EVERYWHERE. I guess..teching in a few grass wouldnt be so hard. But I could think of so many better decks to stage 2 up with Cradily.

On another note I'm cheekily thinking about latias/altaria. no garchomp. because dragon energy requirements already scare the living daylights out of me. Sure it's not gonna be a worlds winning list but it breaks keldeo, klingklang, and still even does a thing or two to darkrai, all of which are the highest ranking decks in my meta. Qwaa

I agree, there is so much more to do with cradily, but haxorus/cradily is the current discussion, some people are teching ho-oh, others dynamotors, it's pretty crazy the decks I see.

You know the only reason why I left garchomp in the list I wrote was because of altaria, yes cradilly has the stage 2 pokemon covered but ability gabite is so useful in setting up altaria covering all the base's in a deck like that, also, grabbing Latias out of you're deck for whenever you need it is really handy, but I only did 2-2 because it's not an off handed tech you want to start into like tynamo or squirtle on the bench turn 1 because you only need 1 on the bench because you're supposed to level ball and gabite (then again this was from a month of broken testing giratina EX to see what he could do, not the best card out there, even with HTL, not the best card out there, you can pull off a turn 1 attack but still not the best card out there, but the gabite engine really payed off with altaria).

What about big basics? It's got a pretty high standing in the meta right now. Then again it could be my format and its obsession for making midwest decks. Garbo is still gaining popularity even though it lost states never proving to be all that useful. And last but not least darkrai, yes I see what you're saying but sableye still ko's you.

I just have one thing to say about klink Tier 1.5 (why does this exist, why can't they just call it 2)

Last edited: