• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fly Me To The Moon! (213)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Fly Me To The Moon!

In their travels through the Whirl Islands, Ash & Co. meet a trainer who is trying to get his Pidgey to fly higher than any Pokémon before. Ash & Co. Want to help. Will the Pidgey make it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This is another one of those episodes where Meowth really shines. I like that he really encourages Pidgey to follow his dream, relating his own experiences with learning how to talk. It's also great to see Team Rocket and Team Twerp get along for an entire episode without Team Rocket getting beat up on.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
You fat b*stards lose weight! This episode was a wee bit unreleastic to say the least, I mean theoretically a bird can't fly in space, there's no oxgen, although at least the animé attempted to make that clear.

I like comment Oak made when explaning how the pudgey's were so overweight, "some said evolution, some said devolution, but one thing they all agreed on, they were just too fat. splat! *a fat pidgey just flops to the ground*

S

squirtle_squad_leader

Whilst watching Destiny Deoxys, I thought of this episode. Rayquaza attacked Deoxys because it invaded Rayquaza's territory - the ozone layer.

I thought it'd be extremely humorous for the inspirational Pidgey to get up there and then be blasted away by Rayquaza. Heh.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I know the concord got high enough the sky was black and you could see the curve of the earth. However, the atmosphere outside was probably freeze flesh cold and the atmosphere was unbreathable. I doubt the Pidgey would live more than five seconds up there.

Just one of the fillers they pulled out of their a**es to fill space.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
But those are the kind of fillers with hot men! And this one is no exception!

Sweet Christ he was hot. *salivate* I mean really! *Oosgasm*

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
Phantom_Bugsy said:
Sweet Christ he was hot. *salivate* I mean really! *Oosgasm*

o_O *tosses her a paper towel* Uh, here... wipe yourself up.

I loved this epiosde, which is rare for me to say for a Johto filler. Nyasu's interaction with that Poppo was very touching, I too admired the devotion Poppo had to achieve his dream. While what he was doing was unrealistic, keep in mind this is a show where monsters with weird powers can be contained in balls and used to battle, so I don't complain.

10/10

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I finally saw this episode for the first time last night. I missed pretty much all of Master Quest, as it was a brief time before the release of RS that I temporarily lost interest.

Anyways, it was probably the first Meowth episode I didn't completely hate. "Go West Yound Meowth", "Meowth Rules", and "Got Miltank" are among my most hated episodes ever. Yeah, it was just another Pidgey filler, especially since we already had one earlier in Johto, but it wasn't horrible. TR really got the short-end in this one. The one time they decide to be helpful, they don't even get recognition for it! Hell, there was no comment about them trying to steal Pikachu or Meowth at all!

6/10

So...what's next on my "haven't seen" list? The Diglett one?

Shikamaru

Strawberry Milk
This episode made me do something in my life for the first time. I actually cried during this episdeo(I'm a softie). it's like one of those sports movies in which the kid wants to get to his goal and has help from the coach like in happy gilmore(I know bad resemblence). But still a pidgey with that much courage is a site to see knowing that it wants to do what no other pidgey has done before. Meowth was very sweet in the episode he has helped people get to their dreams before and has acomplished some for himself. Well anyway I give it a 10/10 this episdoe shows courage some sappyness but what more episodes should have Pudgey Pidgeys.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
You said it, sir D: It kinda made me cry a little too. XD Except it sounded more like '...*sniffle* .......HEY! Wilbur! :D'

This was the 2nd best filler ever in my opinion (2nd only to "Go west young Meowth.") and the best of this season. Why is it that most fillers that star Meowth are usually really good? This ep told us all to follow our dreams just like Orville did and we can accomplish anything.
10/10 deserving of all of it

Last edited:

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
MY FAVORITE FILLER EVER!!!.. and I'm saying this from a guy who cried for an hour after the episode!!! *sniff, sniff*

Very awesome episode! I t made me cry a bit too ;_;, but happy at the same time

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
Shikamaru and all others who cried, I'm glad I'm not the only softy who cried during this.

I also cried while watching the Arabic dub of The Poke Spokesperson. The VA just put so much emotion into Simon's speech that it broke my heart. ^^;; I'm easily touched!

Watching poor little Orville freezing was so sad, yet satisfying when he saw the sun. T-T

Meowth was a real sweety here.

I love Orville, he's so CUTE!! I just realized how much I adore the Pidgey's voices!

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
This episode was the first, and so far last, time I've ever come close to crying during Pokemon. I didn't, but I came close.

We need to see more of the Pudgy Pidgeys.

This episode really showed that, whatever you want, you can make your dreams come true if you work for it =3 It's a really good filler episode. And Meowth and all the Pidgey were so cute! XD

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
This is a good episode.........if Meowth and TR teamed up with the twerps. I love the part when Meowth encouraged Pidgey to fulfill its dream to fly up to the moon. Wobbanut is right.

My fav part in this episode was the ending when Meowth and Piggy were sittng on the tree talking about what it was like space. I think it was a touching moment. Yes I cried this episode *Tear a little now*