• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fly Me To The Moon (A LC RMT)

KingTorterraXIV

Wait what?
Fly Me To The Moon
A LC RMT

INTRODUCTION

As many people that know me, I play LC...a lot. It is my specialty tier, and after losing my own tourney, (due to a bit of hax non the less), I really wanted to build a super solid team, to take on anythign I came across. This team has proven tremendously well, and well enough that I got #1 on Pokemon Showdown, and broke 2000 ladder points and still going strong. With that I present one of my very best LC teams I've made.

http://i49.*******.com/2dj2ano.png
tumblr_m8bjfgOAfQ1qjz4gl.gif

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

063.gif

So the way I play is based around a pokemon that isn't used that much, but still can wreck teams, so basically an underrated pokemon. This causes the opponent to work around it before it sweeps their team, as they may have not thought that the pokemon is a problem, until you've seen it. Abra is a greak Mienfoo check, as most teams run bulky sets with fake out. As Abra can Protect on the Fake Out and OHKO with Psychic as Abra will always outspeed (unless its a Choice Scarf set, but I can deal with that.) Abra isn't just good at countering Mienfoo, but is very powerful. Having 20 Special Attack is great in LC, and does a lot of damage all around.

063.gif
200.gif
619.gif

So to cover up Abra, since it's not seen as often, I used 2 very common LC Pokemon to balance out from odd team, to standard. Mienfoo and Misdreavus are versatile enough to have opponents worry about them, instead of Abra. Mienfoo is great cause it's a very bulky Fighting Type and Misdreavus is great cause it's a bulky Ghost Type, which all are useful in LC.

063.gif
200.gif
619.gif
198.gif

So I was thinking of initial threats, and I noticed that Scraggy and Scarf Mienfoo can be problematic, so I thought of a good revenge killer. Scarf Murkrow came to mind, as it is really underrated, and is powerful to boot. Priority also always helps against set up sweepers like Nasty Plot Misdreavus.

063.gif
200.gif
619.gif
198.gif
345.gif

So after I thought of good offensive pokemon, I needed some way to set up at least Stealth Rock up, as they are very important to wear down threats like Murkrow and Snover. Lileep seemed like a good choice as it's really bulky and can counter Chinchou. It also got Giga Drain with Black & White 2, and gets a Special Defense boost in Sandstorm, and Sandstorm is common.

063.gif
200.gif
619.gif
198.gif
345.gif
557.gif

So, when I was overlooking my team, I had more Special Attackers than Physical, and that I didn't have any set-up sweepers. I like to have at least one set-up sweeper on my teams, so I thought of another underrated set up sweeper. I remember talking to Prem one day about Shell Smash, and Prem said "Dwebble is probably the worst out of all 5 in LC." I thought about it, and it probably is, but it doesn't mean it's "bad." It does work with my "unexpected" theme, as people think Dwebble will set up Spikes and stuff. It is still powerful after a Shell Smash, and can break through Substitutes. It is also a fantastic late game sweeper

So after just lookign at my team, some people may say, "If your running Dwebble and Murkrow, why don't you run Rapid Spin support?" Very legit question, and the answer is cause of my playing style. I tend only to switch into Murkrow when needed, and Dwebble is pretty bulky defensivly so it can take a hit and then Shell Smash, staying alive and possibly getting Oran Berry. If I only have 2 Stealth Rock Weak Pokemon, I really don't use Rapid Spin.

THE TEAM

shiny_dwebble_by_rayniecloud-d4ftvmc.png

:] (Dwebble) (M) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Sturdy
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast

Dwebble can be a deadly, but very unexpected sweeper if played right. First of all putting him in the lead position, makes people think it's an entry hazard Pokemon. Playing like this, you can find very good times to set up a Shell Smash and destroy the opponent's team. Maxing out Attack and Speed is essential because I'm pretty sure Dwebble outspeeds the other 4 Shell Smashers in LC. X-Scissor is a good STAB that destroys things like Lileep. Rock Blast hits Flying and Bug Types, like Larvesta, Taillow and Murkrow. It also hits through Subs and Focus Sashes and Sturdy, so Murkrow, Abra and things like other Dwebble don't stand a chance. Earthquake is there for coverage, and can kill Chinchou with ease. It also hits Mienfoo for good damage, and I can scout what set it is. If it does about 55%, it's probably very defensively bulky. If it does about 72%, it's probably a normal bulky set. If it does more, or OHKO's, it's usually anything but Eviolite. Oran Berry is a great item for Dwebble, as if it brung down to Sturdy, it gets HP back, and will not be revenge killed by a Mienfoo's Fake Out. Dwebble is a great sweeper that can wreck unprepared teams.

mienfoo__red_chaos_aura_by_abusorugia-d3hhbuk.png

WhoElse (Mienfoo) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 80 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 156 Spd
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Mienfoo is probably the best Pokemon in LC, and for good reasons. It's immensly bulky, it has a good movepool, it gets priority, and is so versatile that it can fit onto any team in a sense. I've reworked the EV's a little to make my Mienfoo very physically bulky. Fake Out is a great move on Mienfoo, as it can come in and either revenge kill low HP Pokemon, or it can hit it for a good amount of damage, switch out and get Regenerator and come back in again. Speaking of Regenerator, that's probably what makes Mienfoo such a good Pokemon, it's ability to keep gaining HP back. With U-turn, you get switch advantage, hits Psychic Types and gets Regenerator. Drain Punch is a great STAB that helps Mienfoo stay healthy. I preferr this over Hi Jump Kick, because HJK always misses when you need it to hit, and there is no healing property. Also with Misdreavus everywhere, it's very dangerous. Knock Off is a great move also. It may not hit Misdreavus as hard as Payback, but it can mess up so many Pokemon, it's crazy. Mienfoo is just a great Pokemon overall.

lileep.jpg

Audrey II (Lileep) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 144 Def / 28 SAtk / 64 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Little Shop! Little Shop of Horrors!... Oh, yeah I'm supposed to be writing, not singing. :/ Oh well, Lileep is a great bulky Pokemon. It got something new to play with, in Black/White 2, Giga Drain + Storm Drain. Usually Lileep had problems of it only beign able to recover HP with Recover, now that's slightly gone. Lileep provides Stealth Rock support also, which is great in LC. As mentioned before, Giga Drain is much better than Energy Ball, as it recovers Lileeps HP. Recover is better when damage is around 45%, and the Pokemon resists Giga Drain. Hidden Power Rock might feel like an odd choice, but it's so good. It gets STAB with Lileep, which is always a plus, but the big thing is that it is my Murkrow check, as Brave Bird does about 55% and then it can KO with HP Rock. It also helps against Snover, as it still KO's. Lileep's best asset is Storm Drain. Water Type like Staryu and Chinchou help Lileep, if it's going to use Hydro Pump or something. The special attack boost is great, because it means you recover mroe with Giga Drain. Lileep is also a good sand check, as even Drilbur fails to KO, and will die from Giga Drain. It also gets a Special Defense boost, that makes it easier to take hits. Lileep is an essential Pokemon, and it helps against some huge threats against this team.

abra_chibi_by_redpawfigurines-d37nzvl.jpg

AsianSensation (Abra) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Abra, the main star of the team, at least until Dwebble came along and stole it's spotlight. It's still good though. Abra is a deadly sweeper, hitting 20 Sp. Atk and 19 Speed with Timid Nature. STAB Psychic always hurts Pokemon, and destroys the **** out of Mienfoo. Hidden Power Fighting is good for coverage, as it hits Dark Types for Super Effective damage. It also hits Porygon for more damage than Psychic. Shadow Ball is also good for coverage, as it hits other Psychic Types and hits Ghost Types harder. Protect is an interesting move, mainly to preserve Abra. Protect helps out against Mienfoo and other Fake out users, which try and break your Sash, which works wonderfully, since you can usually KO afterwards, due to Abra's high speed. Focus Sash and Magic Guard work perfectly together. With Magic Guard, no entry hazards, weather, and any other, non attacking move damage doesn't hurt you, which means you can keep your Focus Sash in tact. Abra is a great Pokemon, which isn't used by better players enough.

misdreavus.png

UpTheButt (Misdreavus) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Misdreavus is the best Ghost Type in LC. It works great on basically any team...kinda like Mienfoo. ACtaully a lot like Mienfoo. Oh well, Misdreavus! It gets the great 19 speed that Pokemon like Gastly strive for. It also has 18 Special Attack, which is nothign to snuff at. Shadow Ball is a mandatory STAB, with excellent power. Hidden Power Fighting is here for the same reasons that Abra has it. It hits Dark Types and bulky Normals. Will-O-Wisp is a great move for Misdreavus, since most Pokemon that go after Missy, are physically based. It also helps in breaking down walls like Bronzor and Porygon. As against Toxic which needs time to build up, Willo does a consistent amount of damage every turn. Substitute is also good on Misdreavus, as it can avoid status effects, and gets one free hit of damage, or even two depending on the Pokemon. Behind a sub, it can either hit with Shadow Ball or HP Fighting, or Willo to break down a wall like Bronzor. Misdreavus is also very bulky, even without any defensive or HP EV's. Eviolite makes it actually able to take hits, which is a good thing. Misdreavus is just as good as Mienfoo, for different reasons, but works just as well on any team.

murkrow.png

MyHat ;-; (Murkrow) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Oh, god Murkrow, the bane of my existence. This thing is so annoying, but that's why I'm using it. Scarfkrow isn't common, but it is sooooooooooo good. Hitting a good enough 27 speed with Choice Scarf, takes down most Fighting Types and Bug Types. Murkrow really packs a punch also, it hurts a lot of teams badly. Brave Bird is a very powerful STAB, which can take down Scraggy at +1. Now, I'm not one for recoil (in fact I hate it) but Murkrow really needs this power, even if you do kill yourself. Heat Wave destroys Steel Types like Ferroseed, and does a good chunk to Bronzor. Sucker Punch is also good with Scarf. It allows you to outspeed other Sucker Punchers and kill first. It also hits pretty hard with STAB. Hidden Power Grass may seem like an odd choice, but it's good. It hits Rock Types like Tirtouga and hits Chinchou for OK damage. It won't kill unless it's weakened, but it works well enough. I was running Super Luck before, but there has been a rise of popularity in Foongus, so I run Insomnia to protect myself from Sleep. It might also be a surprise I'm not running Naive, as it gives me 19 speed instead of 18. The thing is that with Scarf, it's fast enough already, and that the 1 extra point in attack raelly helps, when your hitting as hard as Murkrow. Murkrow is a great revenge killer, that not many people expect coming until they're dead.

THREAT LIST

Will come later

CLOSING

This team has served me extremely well, and has gotten me to #1 on Showdown and over 2000 ladder points. I think that's a pretty good accomplishment, since it even stands up to really good LC players on Smogon like iss, RayJay, blarajan, and prem. This team is really fun and fits my playing style to the tee. I have currently won over 100 battles with this team alone, and I'm sure they will win more.

NONE FOR U...yet

-

Last edited:

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
This team is very soild and very hard to take down even with hax ;) it pretty much has everything checked . gj I will beat it one day :)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, it is very impressive to be able to stand up to Blarajan and the like, so good team. You have everything covered really.

Rotom-F

Team Rater
I dont know much about LC, but you could use other move over Protect on Abra, like Encore, Calm Mind, Taunt, Thunder Wave or something. Anyway, 10/10, Gongratz.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Like the others have said. Congratulations on number one. :D Personally I would think of Psyshock on Abra instead of Psychic so you can hit specially defensive Pokemon that try to wall. :)

KingTorterraXIV

Wait what?
Like the others have said. Congratulations on number one. :D Personally I would think of Psyshock on Abra instead of Psychic so you can hit specially defensive Pokemon that try to wall. :)

I dont know much about LC, but you could use other move over Protect on Abra, like Encore, Calm Mind, Taunt, Thunder Wave or something. Anyway, 10/10, Gongratz.

This team is very soild and very hard to take down even with hax ;) it pretty much has everything checked . gj I will beat it one day :)

Well, it is very impressive to be able to stand up to Blarajan and the like, so good team. You have everything covered really.

Don't have experience in LC but looks solid and gratz on #1 :D

Omg thank you all for all the good comments :W

Protect is kinda needed to make sure that Mienfoo doesn't break your Sash or other Fake Out users. :) @ Rotom F