• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flygon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsPatrick

Hi im new to the commpetive FORUM BUT NOT COMPETIVE BATTLING. And i was thinking of having flygon in there to counter hazzards with its large movepool so what do you think

Drass

thousands of eggs
Flygon does not make for a good hazard counter. Sure, it's immune to spikes, sandstorm, and toxic spikes but stealth rock and hail still hit it. Moreover, it doesn't get rapid spin so it can't exploit it's immunities to clear entry hazards out. In the right hands Flygon is pretty useful, but putting it on your team to counter hazards is a bad idea.

ThisIsPatrick

Flygon does not make for a good hazard counter. Sure, it's immune to spikes, sandstorm, and toxic spikes but stealth rock and hail still hit it. Moreover, it doesn't get rapid spin so it can't exploit it's immunities to clear entry hazards out. In the right hands Flygon is pretty useful, but putting it on your team to counter hazards is a bad idea.

Would Flygon do good in a Sandstorm team if so what moves?

waffle_x_v

Fun stuff
it gets defog, so i guess you could use that if you're not using hazards of your own; seeing as how that move gets rid of hazards on both sides.
But there are better options, plus flygon's meant to be more of an offensive pokemon, defensively it just doesn't cut it; move pool wise and stat wise.

Flygon's set look all like this:

Outrage/D-Claw
Earthquake
U-turn
Filler

Followed by a choice scarf, choice band, life orb, yache/haban berry, or the rare focus sash

Other times there are special attacking sets; can be effective for a surprise factor, but they're even more rare

Followed by the same items above, altering choice band for choice specs...

They look somewhat like this:

D-Meteor/D-Pulse
F-blast/F--thrower
Hidden Power
Filler

So if you want to use that filler for defog, go for it.

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

Defog only gets rid of hazards on your opponents side.
And why you would ever need that is beyond me...

Anyway, it really depends what you mean by 'countering hazards'. If you mean stopping them being a general nuisance to your team, then a rapid spinner is, without doubt, what you're looking for. But if you're just looking for something that isn't bothered about hazards if your spinner dies, then try this, it's the most effective flygon set, imo.

;330; @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Adamant
Evs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch/Thunder Punch/Stone Edge

Scout/Revenge killer flygon. U-turn is for scouting. Your two exellent STABs, EQ and Outrage/Dragon Claw (whichever's your preference on the latter) have great neutral coverage and will do a lot of damage. The last moveslot is really for whatever best suits your team's needs, for example, if you're having trouble with ferrothorn, go with fire punch.

ThisIsPatrick

Anyway, it really depends what you mean by 'countering hazards'. If you mean stopping them being a general nuisance to your team, then a rapid spinner is, without doubt, what you're looking for. But if you're just looking for something that isn't bothered about hazards if your spinner dies, then try this, it's the most effective flygon set, imo.

;330; @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Adamant
Moves:
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake

Scout/Revenge killer flygon. U-turn is for scouting. Your two exellent STABs, EQ and Outrage/Dragon Claw (whichever's your preference on the latter) have great neutral coverage and will do a lot of damage. The last moveslot is really for whatever best suits your team's needs, for example, if you're having trouble with ferrothorn, go with fire punch.

Yeah i meant not bothered by hazzards ;329;

Drass

thousands of eggs

;330; @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Adamant
Moves:
- U-turn
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Earthquake

That's virtually what i run on my flygon, only reversed to jolly with choice band.
though if you're plannign to take out ferrothorn with it, you're better off going mixed with flamethrower over firepunch. no recoil from barbs that way

Status
Not open for further replies.