• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flying Pikachu?

Leebui

Questionable...
Since Wi-Fi trading will only get more abundant as D/P goes international, I'm curious to how to avoid hacks; especially event Pokemon.

So I obtained a so-called "legit" Flying Pikachu from my friend who likes to travel (or at least is rich enough to >_>), so he gave me a Flying Pikachu from the New York 10th Anniversary event at Bryant Park. So naturally, it being rare and all, I decided to Pal Park it (without Fly of course) and trade it.

The problem is, I've already received a complaint that it isn't real, and looking at its OT, it's "10ANIV" instead of "10 ANIV." Can anyone verify if mine is real or not?

And please, no assumptions, I want an answer from those who actually attended that event, as I don't want to lose another trading buddy. -_-

Yemi Hikari

Rule of thumb, a Pokemon can not be traded over the Wi Fi if it is for starters, a Legendary that is of a lower level then when caught or a Pokemon with attacks that can not be naturaly learned, it can't be traded ... at least over the internet. Mmm ... if Europe though had a glitch that allowed Pikachu to learn to fly ... then it is a natural attack.

Deucalion

Have a nice day!
It also allows special Nintendo event moves, which include flying Pikachu. Don't post unless you're sure.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Rule of thumb, a Pokemon can not be traded over the Wi Fi if it is for starters, a Legendary that is of a lower level then when caught or a Pokemon with attacks that can not be naturaly learned, it can't be traded ... at least over the internet. Mmm ... if Europe though had a glitch that allowed Pikachu to learn to fly ... then it is a natural attack.

A Pokemon can be traded via Wi-Fi even if it is hacked. So a legend that was 'caught' at a lower level then usual can still be traded.

Yemi Hikari

I know that it can be traded if it is hacked, but I am talking about the ones that aren't glitches or released at special events. There is supposed t be something to prevent those. An example is having a Magikarp that knows Solarbeam. That won't be able to be traded.

So the flying Pikachu is kind of like Surfing Pikachu? A special way to get it via event? If you read how I worded it, I wasn't sure about that one. If one isn't sure, it is better to get the knowledge then to remain ignorant, is it not?

Kalavinka

I always thought you could only get Fly 'chu in Japan.

News to me.

--475;

Yemi Hikari

Well, some one posted a guide to Pal Park. Aparently one has to delete HM's from Pokemon before trasfer, at least with the Japanese version. This kind of defeats the purpose? :(

legend mat

fire pokemon trainer

Yemi Hikari

So then, where did the FLying Pikachu come from?