• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Flyte's Graphics

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
So now that I'm back into graphic making, here is a thread.
Of which in I will post.
~*~WARNING: The majority of these are Touhou/anime, so if you happen to have a nice hatred of these then I don't highly recommend looking at all of them.~*~
+-+Adding on to that, THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR YOU TO BASH MY INTERESTS. That's not what this thread is here for - it's for commenting on my rectangles. This is also not a request thread. I will not be making these on request until I get used to my new schedule. +-+

You are free to use any of these, but please include credit to me.
These are not all of my graphics, just the most recent. And they're not the best, as some are a bit older than the others. Some I'm not proud of at all >.>

So let me stop rambling and start with the images!

MIKO_zps1aa9cbc6.png

youmukonpaku_zpsd79a18ef.png

tenshihina_zps6a2a0225.png

utsuho_zpscc220e5a.png

crimsonwatchguard_zpscde0e0ad.png

youmu_zps8173fb58.png

dragonflyte_zps1077c059.png

yuigirlsdemo1_zps6454f1be.png

rekismoke_zpsc22f1d59.png

hidannoaria_zpsbc8daa12.png

angel_zps5d31c482.png

shana_zps7bdf7d4c.png

mokou_zpsc1f8e712.png

jirachipop_zpsae31574d.png

waddledee_zps3f446ac7.png
youmu_zps9e388e8c.png
melonbread_zps0177f43d.png
kitsune_zpsbb6c335f.png
kappa_zps351ff3bd.png
books_zps456594fc.png

komachi_onozuka___touhou___barren_survival__7_by_pokeram1234567-d6h68i4.png

ran_yakumo___touhou___barren_survival__8_by_pokeram1234567-d6h68zp.png

reisen___touhou___barren_survival__9_by_pokeram1234567-d6h6fbh.png

yuki_nagato___tmohs___barren_survival__10_by_pokeram1234567-d6hcaas.png

froslass___pokemon___barren_survival__12_by_pokeram1234567-d6hh2v8.png

hakurei_reimu___touhou___barren_survival__14_by_pokeram1234567-d6hh3lq.png

quilava___pokemon___barren_survival__13_by_pokeram1234567-d6hh30s.png

katsura_hinagiku___hng____barren_survival__15_by_pokeram1234567-d6hhh9u.png

hata_no_kokoro_by_pokeram1234567-d6l22ot.png

insanitysig_zps73d1e97f.png

shanaeffect_zpsb8bbf2f7.png
ghostfalcon_zps151a966b.gif

frozenangel_zps9c07a9ac.gif

md_zpseb92d669.gif

lol_zpsdb81cff2.gif

mokou_zpsb52caca4.gif

shana_zps5ced28e3.gif
~*~DISCALIMER: I do not own any of the images/renders/effect (C4D/fractals)/wallpapers used. Only thing that belongs to me are the entire graphics. By that I mean those quadrilaterals on this page.~*~
~Smoke and I are the same person, if you're wondering about the watermarks. Smoke_Wolf is my username on myanimelist, so don't freak.
FrostStorm was my old username. As such, FS.~

--Last Update: 9/22/13 10:00 PM--
I'll let you get on with your lives now.

Last edited:

ɹoʇǝɐɹd

PJ & HoO Fan
I hope you take feedback and stuff if not that please ignore this post.
It's good to see a fellow artist making debut and stuff and I love to give comments and feedback about arts :D

I don't really see a problem with your art just that the background and the image doesn't mix together well.
And most of the banners are also over decorated which is also a problem as well..
You should work on blending in the image with the background decoration because when you put them as a banner they looked very weird and doesn't blend well together.

You could try messing around with the photoshop opacity so that the decoration doesn't really covers up the image making it look weird and stuff.
And if i'm not wrong you're using NeoPikachu's style of decorating banners right? :D Good luck! Fellow artist!

Last edited:

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
I hope you take feedback and stuff if not that please ignore this post.
It's good to see a fellow artist making debut and stuff and I love to give comments and feedback about arts :D

I don't really see a problem with your art just that the background and the image doesn't mix together well.
And most of the banners are also over decorated which is also a problem as well..
You should work on blending in the image with the background decoration because when you put them as a banner they looked very weird and doesn't blend well together.

You could try messing around with the photoshop opacity so that the decoration doesn't really covers up the image making it look weird and stuff.
And if i'm not wrong you're using NeoPikachu's style of decorating banners right? :D Good luck! Fellow artist!
Yes, any comments/criticism are greatly appreciated!

Well, first, it's not exactly my debut as this is technically my third digital media thread, and I've been doing this stuff for...maybe a little less than a year.

The problem with the background is that there kinda isn't a fitting one, so I have to make do with what I've got.
For example, this one:
tenshihina_zps6a2a0225.png

The character is Tenshi Hinanawi from Touhou. The background is a wallpaper of heaven.
The reason why I didn't use a Tenshi wallpaper is because...well...if you type "tenshi hinanawi wallpaper" into Google, you get...Well, I'll let you try yourself, but it's a little awkward. So what I did was go to the Touhou wiki (technically I didn't cause I already knew) and look at her species and place of residence. She's a celestial and lives in heaven. And that is where I got heaven.
Now, I also didn't want to have the entire thing in, cause it's not as fitting to have clouds and a gate to some golden city, so I just cut the gate and city off. Sparkles from C4Ds, then text, and so on and so forth.

Overdecorating is a personal thing of mine, to me it's usually just not enough. So I tend to pile a million C4Ds and whatnot onto the sig. It's because I always filled up every speck of negative space when I was little xP

I do mess with the opacity. Like, a lot. Again, it all goes back to that habit.

I use NeoPikachu's style (he's Avenger Angel now, so) for animated banners.
This one:
mokou_zpsc1f8e712.png

was also done in his style. That sig is a little old though.

Though now I probably use my own style (everything from stock images, not a single brush anywhere). Or so I've been told that that's my style.

But after all that, thank you for your comments! ^+^

And update.

insanitysig_zps73d1e97f.png

I think it's my third time changing sigs this month.
Wow.
Anyway, it's my first Vocaloid banner. And why not make it of one of my two favorite Vocaloids, SF-A2 Miki (what's with the SF-A2, I mean, I know Vocaloids are all computer programmed things, but it's not an R2-D2...)~!

It's a set of three, a sig, a profile picture, and a MAL profile picture, but the other two I didn't upload, so you're just gonna have to go there to see. Might upload in the future.

ɹoʇǝɐɹd

PJ & HoO Fan
Well it's feedback on how you can improve you art :) I don't give criticism to any art that is made because they are the work of someone else, in other's view they can be really nice.
And also when i was really bad at art, my art was so bad that even i can tell it myself, but thanks to some of the great artist out there with tutorials all over youtube i managed to improve myself and now it's my turn to help others to improve as well as taking feedback for my own arts :)

The first one was well done, although you included more then 1 colors, the colors blend in really well and looks very peaceful sort of like skyomi style with colorful.

For the second, you should try using various brushes, you focus too much on 1 brush and makes it very obvious, the colors of red and orange doesn't really suit white too. If you find it hard to blend in the colors, then lumi it so it's grey and you can mess around with the colors option to fit it. Or you can make a smudge banner out of it.

As for the third, the star star decoration doesn't really suit the banner well, it attracts more attention then the image.

But then, the first banner was really wonderfully done, except the words at the side are hard to see.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Well it's feedback on how you can improve you art :) I don't give criticism to any art that is made because they are the work of someone else, in other's view they can be really nice.
And also when i was really bad at art, my art was so bad that even i can tell it myself, but thanks to some of the great artist out there with tutorials all over youtube i managed to improve myself and now it's my turn to help others to improve as well as taking feedback for my own arts :)

The first one was well done, although you included more then 1 colors, the colors blend in really well and looks very peaceful sort of like skyomi style with colorful.

For the second, you should try using various brushes, you focus too much on 1 brush and makes it very obvious, the colors of red and orange doesn't really suit white too. If you find it hard to blend in the colors, then lumi it so it's grey and you can mess around with the colors option to fit it. Or you can make a smudge banner out of it.

As for the third, the star star decoration doesn't really suit the banner well, it attracts more attention then the image.

But then, the first banner was really wonderfully done, except the words at the side are hard to see.

Yeah and I'm grateful for it, and without YouTube I'd still be at the point where the background is a gradient between two colors...

I'm receiving a lot of good comments about that one. Though peaceful is definitely not a good word to describe that character.

Second one was from...January? February? Somewhere around that time. In short, old.
And right now, as I said, I'm not using brushes much anymore. Just for the border because I'm an idiot and can't get an inner glow to work to make that. It's just natural to use the pencil tool now. And even that's a default brush.
And Mokou is pretty much made up of only red and white (and her fire, like any, is orangy).

I don't see a star decoration...if it's the sparkles, it was on the wallpaper and I couldn't get them off without totally fudging it up. It doesn't matter to me as much about the text drawing more attention, that's kind of the point why Miki is even pointing in the first place...

The words at the side are less important than the character herself, and it didn't look right with the thing at full opacity.

Again, thanks for taking the time for typing all that all up :3

ɹoʇǝɐɹd

PJ & HoO Fan
For the sparkles, you could use the method that Neo Pikachu used, using eraser to erase most of the background around the characters and putting the image on lumi and start adding decoration on top of it with layers of Soft Light and Overlap.

You know, if you continue your artwork like the colorful and peaceful style you can create your own style of art. Though yours might be quite similar to skiyomi's peaceful style except yours might be better then her/his peaceful style since the decoration and color blending in the first one is really powerful yet giving peaceful feelings from it.

If you managed to create every banner with the style in the first banner you're art work would probably be a combination of skiyomi's and Neo pika's style. Neo mostly uses dark and powerful colors to decorate his banners which makes it seems more warlike and powerful. Skiyomi's peaceful style uses light and multiple colors to decorate the banner which gives a peaceful feeling. Which is why yours would be in the middle of them both with powerful yet peaceful.

Last edited:

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Okay, finally, update.

I experimented with a lot of things today.
It all started with me going "I should make a Shana sig that's not horrid".

So.
This is the main thing. That too 30 minutes.
shana_zps730c4999.png

No effects, nothing. Just the basic thing.

This is what I ended up with.
shanaeffect_zpsb8bbf2f7.png

I'm fairly happy with it...well, it's good enough. Better than past Shana sigs, at least.
Just...my opinion on the world >.>

Anyway, tried these:
Lighting Effects, Curves, Hue/Saturation, Patterns, Gradient Maps, Photo Filters, Shadows/Highlights, and possibly more that I can't remember.
I can, however, remember that it took an hour to end up with it.

I am satisfied. For now.
And the small text is not really supposed to stick out for people to read.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Now that I'm not dead anymore, update.

A short one, as always.

MIKO_zps1aa9cbc6.png

So I went a little further with searching for backgrounds on Google. I originally wanted a snowy hill, but of course no one has made a wallpaper of a snowy hill. Adding on to this, the majority of all snow wallpapers are realistic and they're more so photos than wallpapers. And Toyosatomimi-san here is fictional. Normally I'd be okay with that but it just didn't seem right.

I still have a complaint about the background, I don't really like the fact that there were geese on it (geese near her head). So I tried to cover it up, and as one can see, it didn't really work.

I did, however, attempt to do the "effect" thing like I did with Shana. I sponged it, blurred it, lighting effected it, fibered it, etc. I'm not sure how it turned out like it did but...it's alright, so I guess I'm satisfied.

Hopefully I will start doing these more often.