• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FMA Favorite Character?/General FMA Discussion

xxh0wlw0lfxx

울부짖었다 늑대
So i watched FMA original about a year ago and then recently watched Brotherhood now reading the manga..(omg the storyline was amazing!!!) So i wonder if any other PokeNerd watched FMA :p My favorite is Greeling and Greed.. GO GREED! And also Ling,but i think that counts in Greeling :p...Who's your fav character? Also any general fma discussion is allowed :p

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
There's so many good characters in FMA. It's between Olivier Armstrong, Riza Hawkeye, and Pride (Selim.)

Buchou

filch some swag
Ah FMA. How I remember you so fondly. My favourite character from FMA still is Edward Elric. I also like Lust, Roy Mustang, and Riza Hawkeye.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I can never pick just one. My favorite characters are The Elric brothers, Alex Armstrong, Greed, Roy Mustang, & Sig Curtis.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
My fav char is Mustang. He's got guts and ambition but also knew the value of friendship. And he fires flames! :ç

FMA Brotherhood was a very good series and i really enjoyed them. When I heard there was another one that didn't follow the original mangs's plot I was curious and so I checked it out. I didn't like it, to be honest. Not only the plot was weaker, but the narration was also a lot slower.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
FMA Brotherhood was a very good series and i really enjoyed them. When I heard there was another one that didn't follow the original mangs's plot I was curious and so I checked it out. I didn't like it, to be honest. Not only the plot was weaker, but the narration was also a lot slower.

I consider both to be different sides of the same coin.

The original FMA had a strong beginning and initial characterization. Ed and Al's early adventures were fun and the show had time to develop even smaller characters like Mustang's men. The ending however was weak. Brotherhood on the other hand had a weak beginning; it skipped by most of the stuff that the first show covered. Later on it gave itself more time to develop further on characters and let them grow. The ending wrapped up everything perfectly I think.

So when I first started Brotherhood and noticed how fast it moved past the old stuff I thought "Hm, well it's not like I don't already know the characters." I consider some of the events while Ed and Al were young to be part of the backstory, even the things that are non-canon/didn't happen. It's kind of hard to explain.

That's what I don't get about the Brotherhood haters. Why can't you take your feelings for the characters from the old show into the new one? They're not different characters (Except Hohenheim) and seeing them interact with the manga-original ones is great. Same goes to people who don't like the original FMA. The plot may end up pretty screwy but the time it takes to get to know the characters is crucial and important.

CHARACTERS CHARACTERS CHARACTERS DID I SAY CHARACTERS ENOUGH TIMES?!

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT CHARACTERS FYI.

xxh0wlw0lfxx

울부짖었다 늑대
My fav char is Mustang. He's got guts and ambition but also knew the value of friendship. And he fires flames! :ç

The original FMA was the first i saw and it was TOO sad..... It was a terrible ending and stuff.. Check the movie.. But brotherhood was aweosme And omg! I DIDNT MENTION MUSTANG?!!?

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Mustang is so cool if he speaks less haha.

when i watched the original anime (not following the manga), i was like 'Wow flame alchemist! just a click of his fingers to create flames!'

Last edited:
Favorite character is Al. He's so sweet (while being plenty awesome)...which makes a certain blooper all the more hilarious. ;)

Can't believe AS's run of Brotherhood is almost over (I already have part 5, but still)...;_;

Xanthe

God-Slaying Sword
I'm quite fond of Fullmetal Alchemist...both incarnations. I love that they kept the original dub cast for Brotherhood, but I didn't like the way they handled certain aspects of the anime: Envy, for one. I did not approve of how Envy ended up in Brotherhood, when he was such a prominent character in the original. Hoenheim really rubbed me the wrong way as well, and I think I preferred Scar in the original. I've never read the FMA manga, so I enjoyed a lot of Brotherhood (a lot of people I know who have read the manga told me not to watch it) but there were bits in the story that I really did not enjoy, which I think were prominent bits in the manga...mostly because it was either a character death or a pairing.

My favourite character...a toss-up between Alex Louis Armstrong (I just love his dub voice, it's so fantastically manly, yet effeminate at the same time. xD) or Wrath in Brotherhood, if only for that scene where he stormed Central Command by himself and took down a tank. That's just how awesome he is. Pride was considerably creepier in Brotherhood as well...