• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Following a Maiden Voyage! (469)

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I loved this episode cos it was Dawn, it's all about Dawn.

And I think she will forever be remembered as one of the most influential characters the series ever brought to us thanks to some Ash similarities.

FYI the Staraptor seen in this episode was shown to be around the size of Staravia.

Dawn and Piplup

Piplup+Pikachu Fan
One of my favourite episodes!
I love Dawn and Piplup and it was cute how they eventually made friends and Piplup wanted to save her life.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
I found myself bored with this episode. Maybe it's because of the whole starter non sense that didn't need to happen. I also wanted Dawn to wear some of those outfits in the contests instead of that same aweful pink dress that seems to never gets thrown out. Turtig could have been given to her as well but the cooler starters always go to the girls, don't they? 8/10

I found myself bored with this episode. Maybe it's because of the whole starter non sense that didn't need to happen. I also wanted Dawn to wear some of those outfits in the contests instead of that same aweful pink dress that seems to never gets thrown out. Turtig could have been given to her as well but the cooler starters always go to the girls, don't they? 8/10

Turtwig is the coolest starter, bro. Your statement is flawed. ;)

I was bored mainly because the entire episode was about Dawn and we only see Ash in the end.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Turtwig is the coolest starter, bro. Your statement is flawed. ;)

I was bored mainly because the entire episode was about Dawn and we only see Ash in the end.

Yeah but Piplup could have been Ash's then if it was so. I like all of the sinnoh starters. If Aipom wasn't here then I could have totally see Ash with Chimchar instead of waiting about 15 episodes ahead to then get it. But again, the writer do whatever they want.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
I thought this episode was okay, not really amazing but nice to see Dawn for the ffirst time.
8.5/10

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I just rewatched this episode. I still love that most of the episode focuses on Dawn. Also this episode is awesome because 1 of the best characters in the anime debuts here :D
I give it a 10/10!

WhyHelloThere

The episode was alright. Not too great, but it's nice to see a new trainer who wasn't an idiot in the beginning. That's one of the things I liked about Dawn. Ash should have gotten more screentime though.

NPT

Just a member
This is the episode that began the DP saga, and it was mostly focused on the new main female lead Dawn .... Who wants to become a top Coordinator like her mother, Johanna. It's interesting how the beginning of Dawn's journey was very similar to Ash's. The part when Dawn imagines about performing contests each of the three starter, was very similar too Ash's dream in the first episode. Dawn and Piplup's encounter with Ariados also reminded me of the very first Pokemon episode, where Ash and Pikachu encountered a folk of Beedrill.
And also, Dawn seeing Mesprit in this episode was similar to Ash seeing Ho-oh in the first episode.
When I watched this episode for the first time, I thought Dawn replaced Ash in the anime ...... Until he appeared at the last moment. Team Rocket, once again was trying to steal Pikachu ... But they blasted off and Pikachu got seperated from Ash. I thought It was suspenseful way to end this episode.

If you're studying the evolution of a Pokemon, wouldn't it make sense to have all three of the same line? Meh, doesn't matter too much.
Neat little throwback to the very first episode with Dawn imagining entering contests with the three starters, like Ash and him starting his adventure with the three Kanto starters.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I cackled when Dawn packed all her clothes in the beginning, and I thought it was cute that her mom gave her a ribbon; it was a symbolic gesture. I was really creeped out by that wild Ariados that had various wild Pokemon in its web, and I cackled since Dawn left them there and didn't save them. Lake Verity was pretty though and omg Mesprit.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pretty great episode and pretty much all of it focused on Dawn starting her journey with Piplup. Loved all the nice moments between Dawn and Piplup and it was nice that both got to see Mesprit. 10/10

JudySpell

Banned
Kind of nit picky but why did Dawn leave those wild Pokemon behind in the Ariados webs?? They probably died and she showed no remorse which is strangely funny. 7/10

Gillachu

Banned
Dawn getting a whole episode for her debut was unexpected, but her and Piplup's troubles with the Ariados wasn't exciting until we saw Bide's power. ;)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Dawn seemed so quirky here and I liked that she bonded with Piplup after saving him from the Ariados web, tho it's kind of messed up how she left the wild pokemon on the web ha ha. And cool, Mesprit made a cameo. :3

CelebiAS

This was a really good introductory episode.
Makes me think I may like this season a lot -just coming back to Pokemon after quitting about half way through AG because "real life happened", which I rewatched and this time did finish- but I'll have to wait and see.
Hard to grade it but I'd say 9.5/10. Team Rocket's bit, while good, felt forced, as contradictory as it may sound.