• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Following a Maiden Voyage! (469)

Am I the only one who like's Ms. Hikari?

Her hair is alot like mine, oddly enough.

I like her. Lolipop shaped women intrigue me.

Cobalt_Latios

I managed to find this episode on YouTube(not really, ive subscribed to the guy who uploaded this episode). My first comment: why is it that every time a new trainer gets the main role, they always wake up late. Im not entirely sure about May, so someone should correct me. Also, is it just me or are the contest judges immortal. You see a picture of Hikari's mother and the judges, and the judges look exactly the same as if time has not affected them at all.
Also, this episode somewhat reminds me of that of Ash's first day, the few differences being a)it's a girl, and b)she's a coordinator instead of a trainer(in her short dream sequences, the pokeball looks odd. the hatch thing looks way to small. The animators really had a blank mind on that, lol). When she pulls the suitcase out of the door, how the hell is she supposed to carry that? Her bike is way too small for something of that size.(on a personnal note, i do not know why, but Hikari strangely resembles my sister, personnality wise.) LOL, her mother then shows her a backpack, roughly 1/4 the size of. At least that explains how she's gonna carry everything.

LOL again, she gets to the town enters a restaurant thinking it's the lab. Her postcard apparently isnt serving much use. She's worse than Brock at reading maps!(which made me think, remember how Misty scolded Brock everytime they got lost, now Brock has someone else to blame if they get lost).

Wow, Hikozaru is sure one pain in the... well... you know where. Funny, after that whole incident, you'd think Hikari would take Naetoru since it's the only one left. Of course, you have to give her a choice otherwise it wouldnt be following the game now would it. Lol, the professor doesnt change facial expressions.
That scene where Hikari is looking around for the other 2 pokemon reminds me of a scene from a fairy tale, y'know with rabbits and birds and rodents?

Just wondering, what attack was Ariados using? I keep thinking Sludge Bomb.

After seeing how Pocchama is behaving with Hikari, i am now officially convinced that Hikari is truly a female version of Ash with a different dream.

God, that scene with P and H's facial expression right after they see the Ariados is priceless!

Also, was Pocchama using Protect?

That's it here's the best way to describe this episode: Imagine Ash's first day. Replace Ash with Hikari, Pikachu with Pocchama and Spearow with Ariados. And funny thing is, I didnt realise this till after Pocchama used that attack.
(Oh god, she got a pink pokedex, just like the Pink DS Lite)

Finally, which of the three legendaries did Hikari and Pocchama see?

OH PLEASE JUST, OH PLEASE. Why in god's name did Team Rocket have to copy what they did in Hoenn. Well, the only difference this time is that it's a lot shorter. But why.
WHERE IN GOD'S NAME DID TEAM ROCKET GET THEIR MEOWTH BALLON?!?!?!
Also, why did Meowth suddenly start fury swipping Wobbuffet for no apparent reason(yeah i know they said it, but unfortunately i dont speak japanese). God, and they just got Pikachu. Something always screws up.

~C_L~

NES

Flip me to the side!
Besides comment the looks of Hikari, i would like to talk about the episode :p, i think it was good,i liked the Ariados part mostly, and the stuborn penguin.Other good part is where Hikari is completely lost in town, fun.

Hikari's voice is good (not drilling in my head like most Japanese voice thing, so it's fine), and her mother looks so.... weird, well whatever.

Overall it was fun.

S_P

Soul Trainer
why is it that every time a new trainer gets the main role, they always wake up late. Im not entirely sure about May, so someone should correct me. Also, is it just me or are the contest judges immortal. You see a picture of Hikari's mother and the judges, and the judges look exactly the same as if time has not affected them at all.
Also, this episode somewhat reminds me of that of Ash's first day, the few differences being a)it's a girl, and b)she's a coordinator instead of a trainer(in her short dream sequences, the pokeball looks odd. the hatch thing looks way to small.

Just wondering, what attack was Ariados using? I keep thinking Sludge Bomb.

After seeing how Pocchama is behaving with Hikari, i am now officially convinced that Hikari is truly a female version of Ash with a different dream.

God, that scene with P and H's facial expression right after they see the Ariados is priceless!

Also, was Pocchama using Protect?

~C_L~

-Hikari was in no condition to be late. Actually, she was the first to receive a pokemon out of that set. ... Also Hikari actually woke up normally. Usually when a character is late to an appointment, he or she runs at top speed frantically in some way or another.

-Judges could be factored by mass relatives and another generation. If they didn't look like they aged, neither did the mother.

-You have to be a trainer to be a coordinator. Wanting to be a coordinator and being a coordinator are different. Until coordinating is established, she's a trainer. She even says she's a pokemon trainer.

-Ariados kept using Sludge Bomb. What else could that have been? It doesn't even learn Sludge if I recall correctly.

-The behaviour between Hikari and Pochama is not analogous to Satoshi and Pikachu when they first met. Pikachu was completely disobediant.

-Mamoru doesn't reflect damage (despite being an excellent if not perfect defense to Volt Tackle). It's Bide.

I personally had no problems with the mother or how her design was, or whatever. Looks closer to the GSC mother, haha (compared to Hanako or Mitsuko, that would seem marginally true). However, I must admit that I never expected the mother until I had seen that screen where Hikari waves back after getting on the bike prior to the airing.

Tapatio

About the episode:

Hikari's Mom, Ayako - It seems to be a good character, but I really don't like her character design, not by the hair, she just looks like the Popeye's Olivia.

Hikari's Package - Silly girl, really you thought that you could take that big suitcase in your bike. And what with your luggage? That was lingerie? Good moment ^^.

Hikari's Orientation - To enter a place with the eyes closed and to demand something is not a good idea. The expressions of Hikari when she didn't find the correct way was the best thing of the episode along with Naetle.

Pocchama - Little penguin, I hope you never evolve.

Naetle - If the Satoshi's Naetle has a personality like the one of this one, I will be happy.

The Ariados Issue - It was good to see again a pokemon being aggressive with the humans. I also become surprised by the agility of Hikari. I imagine that she has lost herse;f so many times that her legs have become strong by the walks.

Satoshi's Arrival - I liked to see Satoshi at least a little at the end of the episode. Also with this they solved the doubt about happened with the Aipom's pokeball.

Team Rocket Routine - The scene was a little dumb but I liked when Meowth scratched Wobuffet... I like when they hurt to Wobuffet.

I just thank the lord it wasn't Beedrill, yay Aridos.

Pocchama is so godly cute @_@

And i'm glad how Hikari pushed Ash out of centre stage in this episode, it was, refreshing I guess.

Ashu Quester

Perfect Harmony
I won't say this was a revolutionary episode, because you can draw quite a few parallels between Hikari and Haruka's debut (to put it gently), but it was refreshing to see an episode dedicated almost completely to Hikari. In sharp contrast with Haruka, Hikari was eager to begin her journey with Pokémon, rather than considering them a burden. She's also more competent in working with Pokémon, while still inexperienced. They're similar characters, but the differences are great enough to hold my interest.

The best part of the episode was Hikozaru's antics and Pocchama's response to them, as well as the appearance of Mukkuhawk!

SudovVoOdO

The afro is powerful
Where does hikari see emuritto? When pochama is being hit by spider webs? I see something purple but is that a pokémon? Does someone have a clearer picture?;466;

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
-Ariados kept using Sludge Bomb. What else could that have been? It doesn't even learn Sludge if I recall correctly.
The only other thing I think it could be is acid. Since everytime it hit the ground fire came up.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
A little late for reviewing the episode, but meh.

I really loved this episode. Maybe because I began to love Hikari's personality just as she began to show it (and from what I seen, not a Haruka clone). It was funny how she entered the restaurant thinking it was Nanakomado-hakase's laboratory and kept on getting lost in the city (along with her cute facial expressions). I absolutely cracked up at how Naetle was EATING while Pocchama and Hikozaru were causing chaos in the lab (the aids' facial expressions of when the proffessor entered were priceless :D). What I loved best was that the episode (the first episode of Dimond and Pearl) focused more on Hikari than Satoshi, it was refreshing. Of course, he appeared at the end with Rocket Gang trying to steal Pikachu.

(And on the note of why the judges in the photo didn't have an age difference appearence-wise, it's because Hikari's mom won the Grand Festival as an adult)

Also, I didn't think Hikari and Pocchama's relationship was that similar to Satoshi and Pikachu's relationship at the beginning (partly because Pocchama wasn't that disobedient as Pikachu in the beginning. That, and Satoshi and Pikachu don't get into many...fist fights). And oh my...a Densetsu no Pokemon sighting at the end (I know that made this episode seem similar to the first episode of Pocket Monsters, but in my opinion, it was fitting). :0 ....Did I also mention that the split screen is friggin smexy at the end. XD

Along with the other two episodes, I love how Dimond and Pearl is turning out.

EDIT: Is it just me, or does Hikari say daijoubu (all right) a little too much? XD

Last edited:

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Perhaps it is going to be her catchphrase like May's "kamo"?
Maybe. Difference is, Haruka's "kamo" was a sentence ending particle while daijoubu is an actual word.

Icicle

Now I saw the episode.. and read the little summary. So hopefully I got what was going on. Damn for me not knowing Japanese. I for one love Hikari and am joining the "OMGSHE'SSOCUTE!" bandwagon. I think she's a great character so far.

For everyone going "Super contests are just like Hoenn's! Except you dress up!!". All you saw was dream sequences, wait until she actually does a contest first. Then say that. o_O;

I love Pochama.. it's so cute. And has such a cute little bratty personality. I love it. It definetly shows some room to grow and get stronger, which I hope it does.

I also didn't mind seeing Ash at the end.. but.. they should have just cut him out of the episode, he wasn't on all that long =/. Maybe it was just too keep current fanboys/girls into the show by showing everyone's favorite trainer? :\

I think I covered everything o_O;

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
i found the whole ep:[illegal crap]<-part1[illegal crap]<-part 2 [illegal crap] <- part 3
Gosh, you people love to ignore the rules, don't you?

S_P

Soul Trainer
Maybe. Difference is, Haruka's "kamo" was a sentence ending particle while daijoubu is an actual word.

Also the -kamo was done not necessarily under a context that maybe would fall under (ex: Sugoi-kamo!)

However, regardless of how many daijoubu's there were, the ones I recall (only about two right now) were under proper context. One was after sliding down the hill saying that the coast is clear (or something like we should be fine here, or nothing to worry about here ... or something like that). Also when they were trying to run away from the second round of Ariados was another scenario where Hikari definitely said "I'm fine". And then I'm sure there's another that implied "are you okay?" I'm also sure there was another that meant don't worry somewhere in the episode.

Judging by Hikari's high energy being prone to being frantic (or exerting a lot of energy by surprise/shock/wonder/panic), as well as her assertion that she's so confident in a plan (rerouting, detours, etc), all the daijoubu's seem to make sense. I mean it does range from 'are you okay' to 'don't worry' to 'I'm fine' ... and I'm not sure what else.

I think she might have said gomen more often (about thrice).

I thought Ayako's achievements were all done in her younger days. You win the GF, then you settle down ... not settle down then win the GF. With that many trophies it also seemed like successive victories.

I never thought about Ariados using Acid. Despite explosions, the 'first' acid produced 'something' on the ground (or it might just be shade). Technically Sludge Bomb was presented as multiple pieces of sludge consecutively, but I'm thinking of the Jouto version. I guess it's easy to think Sludge Bomb because it's a 'bomb' and 'bombs explode'.

Are you sure Hikari was late to the laboratory? I guess she was late to the intended time, but I consider arriving with the professor not necessarily late (unless when she bumped into him, he was leaving, but that doesn't sound right due to going in the same direction).

Too bad Hikari didn't have idiosyncratic speech. XD I wanted some kind of speech format (obviously not -kamo or that just ends up as sheer biting.)

At least the inexperience makes sense. How can you be experienced as a rookie? This isn't even like a rookie analogy of a professional league since that most likely contains prior experience from amateur leagues. Starting from zero has to be inexperience. So I don't have any problem with that flaw of hers (as she's also the most "prepared" beginning trainer). I would think she has a clear execution flaw, but that's not true in terms of deriving set plans.

The suitcase showed basically everything she would have carried, but after her mom switched it to that little yellow bag ... I have no idea what's even in the bag. (Obviously the pokeballs and zukan are there and all, but that's AFTER receiving those items. What was in the bag initially? ... aside from the pokemon food, nothing comes out of the top of my head.)

Medea

Excalibur
Okay, okay...Not a bad episode if I do say so myself. Hikari is such a cuttie and I can't wait to start seeing her in contests in the future. Nextly, it was a little weird with this episode and by this I mean it felt a lot like the 1st episode of Kanto (but it was refreshing to have it be a swarm of Ariados and not Beedrill or Spearow) and it also felt like the the first episode of Johto (well at one point at the end) and the relationship between Hikari and Pochama reminded me of the first episode of Hoenn (meaning when May wanted Mudkip to do a water gun attack...or at least it did to me).

Well tis' all...Oh and of course...

*spazspazspaz*...OMG! 1 SECOND OF TRACEY...*spazspazspaz*

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
wasn't that bad of an eppy.