• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Following a Maiden Voyage! (469)

TogeticTheRuler

Now I finally realise how much better the original is soo much better than the dub, I liked Ash`s voice, but hated Oaks and Meowths, this episode was funny with Hikari being lost and that incident in the lab, I watched this on youtube :D

Even though it is the sort of name PUSA would chuck out, without a source it is safe to assume that you are lying

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
LOL. I did think the Ariados in this episode was pretty random.

I wonder what Yamato-San will have to say when he sees this...

sorry for the late reply... yeah, it does seem like the writers have seriously got something against Ariados. However, I'm not all THAT peeved about it. It particularly irritated me with Harley because he was shown to be a pretty decent coordinator (and he's meant to be Haruka's RIVAL, not a comic relief villian that always loses, as he had already done two times in a row previously), Haruka was only at her first contest in the region (a win that's very easily expendible), and her piece of crap turtle still didn't seem like a very competent fighter, even when it suddenly pulled that Ice Beam out of its ass (hell, if anything, I was expecting that to be the only thing it'd get out of the two-parter, not that AND a win -_-).

In this situation, however, we're dealing with wild Ariados, and Pochama isn't a god damn crybaby suddenly turned competent. He's clearly had an attitude right from the start. The attacked used to beat them wasn't terribly unrealistic, neither (though, how he could endure that long for Bide to work is beyond me... but then, he is stubborn). And while Harley's Ariados seriously got the shaft (a very humiliating defeat, falling behind Haruka's Zenigame a second time when it appealed, not to mention that Fire Spin incident), and the guys were pretty much used as nothing but fodder in this situation, I think Pokemon Hunter J's Ariados greatly makes up for it in a later episode (episodes, hopefully).

Missingno2

3,2,1.5,0.01. GONE!
Well, if Hikari has the good luck ribbon, and her mom gets worried about her when Hikari says she is fine, then I'm confused!

Iran

Does any one know when it hits the screen in europe

Jeff Zero

Actually, according to theCartoon Network Website the new title is "Following a Maiden's Voyage".

So now we know that Dawn is a maiden...;)

Boy I should hope so, after all she's only 10. ;)

I think this episode mostly focusing on Hikari/Dawn is pretty neat, since we're meeting her for the first time and we've known Ash for 10 years so he needs no introduction, and we really don't need a whole episode of yet another Team Rocket scheme, we'll see plenty of those in the future. I like that she chose the Penguin Pokemon as her starter; I've always loved penguins and would probably choose it myself if I played the game.

Rex Kamex

Well, even though I didn't think this episode was as entertaining as the first one or the first AG one, it was a good one to watch. It was nice to see Dawn have her own episode for her debut.

... But why'd she have to be a coordinator? (Don't after that.)

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Tonight's the night... are we allowed to share our opinions on the episode in this thread?

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was great. The theme song was pretty cool as well as seeing all the new Sinnoh pokemon (obviously too many to name). I thought Dawn had somewhat of a squeaky voice. It was kinda funny to see all the pokemon in the lab fight while Turtwig just sat there and ate. It was cool to see Piplup use Bide. It was also cool to see the first legendary Sinnoh pokemon, Mesprit(?). I thought it was hilarious when Wobbuffet countered against Meowth’s Fury Swipes.

TogeticTheRuler

Me neither , its a bit annoying like Max`s, but the most disappointing.. THEY TOOK OUT THE HAPPY MUSIC! T.T I hear mostly battle music in the dub.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Thought Dawn's voice was pretty nice.