• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Food in Pokémon

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Food in Pokémon

Okay, this question has been bothering me for quite a long time...

What do people in the pokémon world eat?

I mean sure they eat vegetables and so, but also meat right? Where they get the meat? Do they eat... Pokémon for that then? As far that Ive watched pokémon, I've never seen one bleeding... Are they even edible? I can't imagine killing a magikarp to eat sushi....

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Yeah, probably. And since we know that some Pokémon prey on other Pokémon, we know that they are edible.

Codeepfly

MyCaruba
It's sad to think but I imagine similar to cows in real life, they would eat Taurus as cattle and miltanks. Miltanks are already used for milk which is apparent due to pokemon consuming moo moo milks. Then the begs the question , do they eat vanillites? If they do I don't want to know if they are alive or not.

orochi

Cumbuskins man. Need some chicken...buuuuut they would be a little awkward to eat....

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Miltank=Beef
Grumpig=Pork
Combusken=Chicken
All duck looking pokemon=Food as well
Magikarp=Mmmmmm fish

Yum Yum

Lon

Pokemon is a likely answer, but it is also possible that real world animals exist in the Pokemon world, but simply aren't shown all that often because it has no effect on the game's story.

telivisionhead

Then again where do us people in the pokémon world sleep?
Well... maybe flying types like Pidgeot attack bug types to eat and like bug types eat grass types and grass types absorb water for them to grow or something? Maybe it's a bit like pokemon weaknesses and strengths but making it make sense for food.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Then the begs the question , do they eat vanillites? If they do I don't want to know if they are alive or not.

Since Vanillite are composed of ice and snow and since the people in the Pokémon world go through they trouble to manufacture ice cream in its appearance, I would say that they do not eat Vanillite.

Then again where do us people in the pokémon world sleep?

In beds, which have appeared in the games since Gen I.

*~Silver*~

I'm sure they must. If it really bothers you so much just think of the nice thought of the butcher house... Okay?
Now there's your cute pig and, slam, cut through with a butcher knife.

That's how it works here and I'm sure it must be like that in Pokemon as well.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
hmmmmm.....i think that they eat normal food. take the Cafes in several regions, for example: "The food smells great!", not "This Magikarp sushi looks awesome!", lol. i think the people eat normal food.

*~Silver*~

hmmmmm.....i think that they eat normal food. take the Cafes in several regions, for example: "The food smells great!", not "This Magikarp sushi looks awesome!", lol. i think the people eat normal food.

Well, in the Pokemon world Magikarp sushi would be "normal" sushi.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
except for Slowpoke Tails, i think the game would have some indication of eating pokes...

*~Silver*~

except for Slowpoke Tails, i think the game would have some indication of eating pokes...

No.
- It showed Magikarp-made dishes in the anime.
- James actually did try to eat raw Magikarp.
Besides, it seems to me that if people in the Pokemon world were to eat Pokemon it'd be the kind of thing GameFreak would indicate in a very settle way, and they have.

I will admit that I am a little biased because for whatever reason I don't like the idea of having both animals and Pokemon in the same world. I prefer just Pokemon, and just animals.