• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Food in Pokémon

Gurk

Pokemon are stronger and more intelligent than regular animals I believe, so having a Tauros farm just to make meat, I don't think so, I don't think any Tauros would let that happen. They still have a mind of their own and strength that could easily kill humans, so raising Pokemon for food is highly unlikely to me. Yes, Pokemon are edible, but it's highly frowned upon or Pokemon food is super exotic gourmet cuisine, compared to for instance, people eating dogs in the East.

So I believe most of the meat comes from humans, yet some Pokemon are used as food, but mostly because of culture or because of Pokemon poachers and other evil-doers who want to eat Pokemon or sell them to other suspicious people that make a profit of making food out of Pokemon.

EDIT: I wonder if N is a vegetarian.

Last edited:

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Miltank=Beef
Grumpig=Pork
Combusken=Chicken
All duck looking pokemon=Food as well
Magikarp=Mmmmmm fish

Yum Yum

No offense but that's reallly disturbing to think about xD. If I'd hunt a pokémon it would probably end up me being huntes rather than hunting one....

Squirtle.

Pokémon Professor
I'm sure that they must eat some certain Pokemon, Basculin's pokedex enrty says that it's remarkably tasty.

DjangoCribbs

Aside from all the berries, same as real world I guess. Organics eat organics.
Honestly, you're looking too deep into it. There are loads of elements to the Pokemon world that make little to no sense. But being reasonable, they must be eating Pokemon.

Pokemon are stronger and more intelligent than regular animals I believe, so having a Tauros farm just to make meat, I don't think so, I don't think any Tauros would let that happen. They still have a mind of their own and strength that could easily kill humans, so raising Pokemon for food is highly unlikely to me.

Think of the bigger picture. You've also got Pokemon called Charizard, for example. Who is almost certainly a voracious meat eater and will be hungry often. Trainer explains the situation to Charizard, Charizard will be quite happy to assist in corralling and killing all those Tauros for meat.
It's never really dealt with in the games 'cos it doesn't really need to be. There are some minor references to food stuffs but that's mainly to berries. But it's a video game and those don't usually deal with real world necessities such as eating, sleeping and defecating.
Then there's the anime, which is aimed at kids. I mean, it's so aimed at kids that they won't even write in the bratty little **** getting told off 'cos they're worried the audience won't understand and will get the wrong message. So of course they don't go near the subject. That means talking about... y'know... death.
Does make me laugh though... of everyone commenting, a majority likely meat eaters... Getting squeamish over the idea of the eating of meat... Damn, I can be a smug vegetarian sometimes.