• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Food! The Junky and The Healthy! Diet Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp

[Something funny]
I just eat pretty much anything I can find.

ChedWick

I just eat pretty much anything I can find.

I miss those days. Playing soccer year round coupled with a younger metabolism gave me like 4% body fat. Though eating w/e is your view while not getting fat is great, it sure does leave your arteries with some issues...

DasBoot

My Breakfast usually consists of things like toast etc, just because I don't have the time.
Lunch is anything in the pantry.
Dinner is a healthy meal made by mom.

I have high metabolism, so I'm actually quite slender. I exercise a lot, and I do some lifting around the house to help mom sometimes.

pirate555

Word.
The last few terms at university my diet had been poor. Just getting away from my parents' grip (who eat relatively healthily, but regularly the same food I didn't particularly like) made the freedom of eating take its toll. I'd eat regular cheese toasties and beans, lots of pasta, packets of biscuits, chocolate, sugary sweets, cake....pretty much everything I'd missed out on back home.

Unsurprisingle, every term I'd gain 10-20 pounds, then lose it all in the holidays at home. I've had enough though. This term I've had muesli and plain oats for breakfast, wraps with veg or soup for lunch, and couscous/brown rice with seaweed, tofu and vegetables for dinner, with fruit for snacking, and the odd unhealthy snack for a treat. Just one biscuit instead of the packet. I made little changes as well; such as having my coffee with skimmed milk and no sugar.

I jog daily to match the diet. I don't do any other sports, but I walk about with heavy bags for at least an hour a day (lectures) so I think I'm active enough...

~Pirate

yeminied

I'd say I have a fairly healthy diet. I don't count calories or anything since I'm only 15 but I don't go around eating pies every day for lunch.

Breakfast for me is almost always cereal wit excessive amounts of milk. My cereal has to be swimming in cereal for me to enjoy it. Most of the time I have muesli but I'll settle for cornflakes or something like that. For a while I totally cut sugar out of my cereal but I put it on now, but if I really wanted to I could take it out without tasting any difference.

Lunch is sort of 3/4 of a lunch at school and 1/4 when I get home. Lunch is a peanut butter sandwich, I love that stuff. Then theres fruit of some kind, a banana or mandarin. Then I have something else like a couple of biscuits or crackers.

Dinner is totally dependent on what my mum makes. She makes a lot of italian style food that suits me fine. Her food is delicious and usually involves mince with vegetables through it so you don't taste it. If I was served a plate of vegetables I would eat it though.

Exercise, well lets say I live a fairly sedentary lifestyle however I am playing netball with my mum on Tuesday nights, I was exhausted by the end of the first game haha.

I find that by eating healthy regularly you can enjoy the unhealthy stuff a lot more. Unhealthy food is a treat and treats should only be eaten every so often. If I ate chips every day for lunch then I wouldn't enjoy them anymore. I also find that eating healthy makes you feel a lot better. When I've finished eating McDonalds or something similar I feel awful and like a slob however if I've eaten something really healthy I feel so much better inside.

What are your favorite foods?
Pizza, Pasta, White Chocolate and Cake.

Which foods would you consider healthy?
Fruit & Veg

Are Jellicen- I mean, Pringles bad for you.
Pringles? That's random... but yeah possibly but who cares? Eat all the Pringles you want.

I'm skinny so i don't exercise and i just eat what i want when i want.
To me food is all about taste so if it tastes good then i'll eat it and it doesn't matter if it's healthy or not.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I ate too much Animal Crackers today. I might get fat. No lunch at skool may explain it.

right now my family is on a strict sturgeon diet... still have at least 10 pounds to go... glad I swiped some rations (bag of doritos, nilla wafers, pb&j) earlier

but typically, breakfast is either nothing or a bowl of granola with two little boxes of rasins in them, lunch is usually leftovers, or maybe a roast beast sandwich, and diner is usually spaghetti (my favorite, when I'm really hungry I'm known to eat upwards of three pounds, despite weighing only 145) steak, or whatever, sometimes some smoked meatloaf (the family favorite). my family loves garlic. sides include asparagus with onions, shallots, and garlic, potatoes and garlic, garlic mashed potatoes, garlic bread, garlic fries, or garlic mushrooms. sad thing is, I'm not joking.

Last edited:

ChedWick

Anyone else feel its child abuse when parents let their kids get obese? Crap makes me rage when I see a family with fat kids and a shopping cart full of junk.

the sad part is, that if you talk to the obese kids, 75% of the time, they want to be fit, but that's all their parents buy. I managed to talk one such kid into doing wrestling, and he lost 35 pounds in a month. I'm going to strangle him if he doesn't stop thanking me

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I read on one of those Drink This, Not That books that if you drink 8 cups of icy water, you lose more weight that someone who drinks 4 cups or 12 cups of icy water.

^what? how the hell does that work?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Well when you drink ice water, your body temp drops. Now your body uses calories to regulate your body temp.

Gladys

~Elite~
I'm not sure if Pringles are bad for you, but if you're eating them in the first place you're obviously on the wrong track to begin with.

My diet is the fat full diet. My family is on a McDonald, Arby, Taco Bell diet. It's that way cause fast food is easier than cooking. It's the stupidest reason I know, but we are just to lazy to get groceries & cook a good meal.
I flat out refuse to believe this is anything other than the truth given Malanu's posting history. With that in mind I have complete and utter right to say the following;

Holy fucking shit.

Korusan

Banned
00:23 Korusan man
00:23 Korusan if I had the choice of like
00:23 Korusan getting in my car and driving to mcdonalds, putting up with shit tier service, and scarfing down the subpar food they give
00:23 Korusan or like
00:23 Korusan staying home, cracking two eggs, popping in toast, watching it for five minutes to come together, and eating that
00:24 Korusan I'd go with the latter
00:24 Korusan maybe it's just me but it seems more worth it
00:24 [NH]JoshYEAH i'd do the same
00:24 Korusan you're saving gas and not giving your family dietary issues in doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.