• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Football Transfer Window 2011!

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
If I was in Nasri's position I would seriously consider moving to Manchester United because football is quite a short career and you rarely see players play at the absolute top level for a long time.

It really does depend on how he himself feels as personally loyalty in football can prevent players from progressing. He has a much better chance of winning trophies and accolades at Manchester United than at Arsenal.

Sure the fans won't like it but football fans are incredibly fickle and will just worship somebody else.

Arsenal are in a dangerous position and I feel this summer will make or break them. Their best chance of winning the title was this year in fact especially as how next year they will find it harder with more challengers to the title. If this year, realistically Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal could only win the title next year will be different with Manchester City and Liverpool will be challenging for it as well.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Arsenal are in fear of being broken up. City haven rose up to the top 4, Spurs pushing too. Arsenal in trouble if they loose their 'stars'.

I wouldn't, nor would anyone else, blame Nasri if he goes too United. Arsenal are loosing ground on being a big 4 team and could go the way of Deportivo, Sampdoria, Lens or Monaco easily (all of those were relegated this season but European champions) - if they aren't clever in their comings & going this season. Too many want away and they're the back bone to the little success last season.

Fans don't pay his wages, they mean nothing if we're honest...

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I will say with 100% certainty that Arsenal will be in the top 4 at the end of next season. So many times people have predicted that Arsenal would drop out but Arsene Wenger has never failed to finish in the top 4.

Arsenal has an advantage over Tottenham and Manchester City in that they know what it's like to play Champions League football and Premier League football at the same time. Manchester City might well not cope with that and go the same way as Tottenham did this season.

Arsenal do not have a problem getting into the top 4 but taking it to the next level and sticking it out for the whole season to actually win something at the end is where they fail.

Armando Payne

Matt, Monaco weren't relegated. But nevertheless, what I don't get is why Sneijder won't leave Internazionale for Manchester United when Man U are a far more superior team. Still, hope Walsall buy a few players.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Matt, Monaco weren't relegated. But nevertheless, what I don't get is why Sneijder won't leave Internazionale for Manchester United when Man U are a far more superior team. Still, hope Walsall buy a few players.
Because Milan is a nicer city in comparison to Manchester?
Because not every player wants to go the Premier League?
Because maybe he has more affection for Inter Milan than he does for Manchester United?

Armando Payne

^Yeah but in my opinion, one should always sign for a better team, like say Chelsea buying Luiz, when Benfica's a far, far more nicer place then London.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Again, not really much point in doing that if you aren't happy there. Also, "best" is all relative and one might consider Inter the better team.

Armando Payne

^Did Inter win any championships (Bar the Club World Cup, but that doesn't count because you only play 2 matches) this season? Did Inter do well in Europe this season? No, so in theory I believe that Man U are the better team.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Samir Nasri has been spotted in Manchester airport. Does that mean something? And apparently, Luka Modric has refused to commit his future to Tottenham.

Well, its time for good news for crisis club Arsenal. They look to have beaten Manchester United to sign Alex Oxlade Chamberlain for 12 million. It might seem nuts for a Championship player, but considering Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott was signed from the same club, it could prove to be a bargain. Not what Arsenal need though, infact, a pacy winger is the last thing Arsenal needs. More good news for Arsenal is that Keisuke Honda, one of their targets, is frustrated at his current club CSKA Moscow.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
^Did Inter win any championships (Bar the Club World Cup, but that doesn't count because you only play 2 matches) this season? Did Inter do well in Europe this season? No, so in theory I believe that Man U are the better team.
You have to win the Champions League to get there though. Also the Quarter Finals in a competition of the best clubs in Europe is not bad at all.

Samir Nasri has been spotted in Manchester airport. Does that mean something? And apparently, Luka Modric has refused to commit his future to Tottenham.

Well, its time for good news for crisis club Arsenal. They look to have beaten Manchester United to sign Alex Oxlade Chamberlain for 12 million. It might seem nuts for a Championship player, but considering Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott was signed from the same club, it could prove to be a bargain. Not what Arsenal need though, infact, a pacy winger is the last thing Arsenal needs. More good news for Arsenal is that Keisuke Honda, one of their targets, is frustrated at his current club CSKA Moscow.
True that it might not be what Arsenal need but it will not be the only transfer they make this summer.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!

I SO LOVE DOING THIS!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...0/leagues-today-monaco-relegated-from-ligue-1

18 AS Monaco FC
19 RC Lens
20 AC Arles-Avignon

Don't talk about what you don't know. Stick to the lower leagues of Walsall.

In more important news, relating to transfer and the topic of this thread;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13734703.stm :D

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
My feelings are kind of mixed up about Nasri coming. I mean, he's a world class player, but where would he fit in the team? It might cause Nani to leave and i dont want that, he's extremely underrated but he's one of our best players. If not, our best. Stats say it all. 19 assists and 9 goals. And not even nominated for PFA player of the year(infact, Nasri was!)

And Venky's is trying to stop Phil Jones from leaving. I hope the deal goes through, he's gonna be a great asset to United!

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
"Liverpool are chasing Connor Wickham, Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam, Jose Enrique, Gael Clichy, Scott Dann and Charles N'Zogbia, following the £20m signing of Jordan Henderson."

I can see 1, maybe 2, of those. Liverpool need to sell first. Or risk ending up like City last Summer - too many players!!

Newcastle turned down £3million for Nolan, from West Ham! It's Insulting.

Mevejuma

"Liverpool are chasing Connor Wickham, Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam, Jose Enrique, Gael Clichy, Scott Dann and Charles N'Zogbia, following the £20m signing of Jordan Henderson."

I can see 1, maybe 2, of those. Liverpool need to sell first. Or risk ending up like City last Summer - too many players!!

Newcastle turned down £3million for Nolan, from West Ham! It's Insulting.

Agreed. Poulsen, Ngog and Cole all need to go, that's for sure. There's others that have been mentioned as well as them, such as Keisuke Honda - one I would personally like to see playing in Red for us.

"Manchester City are set to battle Chelsea and Manchester United for the signature of Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric, 25, and are ready to start the bidding at £30m."
Could be an interesting window in terms of Modric then? Three big teams, two of which have a lot of money..hold on tight, all.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
I read the thing about Honda. Livepool & Arsenal both want him. He's stuck in a rut - apparently! I can see him at Arsenal, more than Liverpool though!

Modric will only go to Man Utd. Can't imagine him going to a London team or the lesser Manchester team. All 3 have money. And a lot of it. Man Utds is debt, but controlled and they're never going to be in trouble.

Arsenal & City are the teams in the fore running to get Gervino, if you believe everything you read.

BUT; http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newc...d-me-to-join-newcastle-cabaye-72703-28860570/

Cabaye, has joined, then there is international team mate Tiote. Gervino has met with Pardew...Newcastle aren't out of the running...

Mevejuma

I read the thing about Honda. Livepool & Arsenal both want him. He's stuck in a rut - apparently! I can see him at Arsenal, more than Liverpool though!

Modric will only go to Man Utd. Can't imagine him going to a London team or the lesser Manchester team. All 3 have money. And a lot of it. Man Utds is debt, but controlled and they're never going to be in trouble.

Arsenal & City are the teams in the fore running to get Gervino, if you believe everything you read.

BUT; http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newc...d-me-to-join-newcastle-cabaye-72703-28860570/

Cabaye, has joined, then there is international team mate Tiote. Gervino has met with Pardew...Newcastle aren't out of the running...

Hmm, can't remember if I mentioned this already, but I think players must be looking at it like this. Teams like United, Chelsea and Arsenal are always challenging for the top honours and getting very far, so if a player was to join them, he'd likely win something. If they joined someone like City or Chelsea, they'd get a higher wage out of it due to the money those clubs are willing to spend. But a famous club like Liverpool bubbling with anticipation, ready to strike for the honours, if a player could be part of a successful Liverpool side who start to win again, they'd go down in history. Glory, money or a legacy - I think that's what decides it for some players.

I'm reluctant to admit United can make a good signing this summer, I don't want them to be winning things again! Surely people have got to be getting bored of United getting something every season? Except United fans obviously. But if Modric went anywhere away from The Lane, it probably will be Old Trafford.

While I like your optimism, Gervinho will likely end up in London. There's two "top 4" teams there wanting to take him on, it's a very tempting offer for him.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
My feelings are kind of mixed up about Nasri coming. I mean, he's a world class player, but where would he fit in the team? It might cause Nani to leave and i dont want that, he's extremely underrated but he's one of our best players. If not, our best. Stats say it all. 19 assists and 9 goals. And not even nominated for PFA player of the year(infact, Nasri was!)

And Venky's is trying to stop Phil Jones from leaving. I hope the deal goes through, he's gonna be a great asset to United!
Nani has already stated that he doesn't want to leave so I don't see him leaving regardless of who joins them

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Nani has already stated that he doesn't want to leave so I don't see him leaving regardless of who joins them

Well, thats a relief! There were rumours everywhere that he was going to join Inter.

And i think Nasri is pulling off a 'Rooney' here. He's looking for a better contract, and i think he'll get it.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Well, thats a relief! There were rumours everywhere that he was going to join Inter.

And i think Nasri is pulling off a 'Rooney' here. He's looking for a better contract, and i think he'll get it.
...and he should. Too many times Arsenal have let their stars go for very little and then just not replaced them properly. Flamini, Gilberto and others should have been convinced to stay rather than let them go. Can't really say that the squad is improving when you let one of your established stars go and then say that the replacement is a 16 year old boy from wherever.

Armando Payne

Matt, by the time I said that, I had World Soccer which stated that Monaco weren't relegated so don't shoot the messenger, K? Matt, if you're so clever then answer these 3 questions, but don't cheat. So how are TP Mazembe doing in the Champions League? Which country is Hekari United situated in? How much did Gent win the Belgian League by?
Still, why would Lille sell one of their players to a crappy team for? I mean, Lille, keep your players, you're in the CL, they're squandering away in mid table, never going to win anything again. So you're selling your best players to a nothing team? So, Olympique Lyonnais, Bordeaux, Marseille congrats, Lille are trying their damndest to give you the French Lique 1 title next season.