• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Football Transfer Window 2011!

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Sorry, I probably shouldn't but if I don't this thread will disappear forever :'( BUMP

I really think there should be a cap on spending during the holiday, let's say maximum £50m, that would stop Man City buying pretty much everyone because they have so far bought nonstop.

Well, there is financial fair play.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
This thread was made 2 months ago. It won't disappear in the space of 15 minutes for crying out loud.

Fair point :S anyway, FOOTBALL.

Twix92

404 Not Found
Transfer window is as crazy as usual, but one team's transfer policy always perplexes me...MANCHESTER CITY

Firstly Gael Clichy....why?! Yes he was cheap, but they already have Wayne Bridge, Alexander Kolarov, and Vincent Kompany that can play that position, just seems like a waste.

Stefan Savic looks like a young prospect, but he's behind Lescott, Toure, Kompany, Onuoha and probably Boyata, and I doubt if he will even get time in the reserves!!

and then Aguero...probably a good choice, but bear in mind they already have SWP, Adebayor, Dzeko, Johnson, Santa Cruz, Silva, Tevez (maybe), Bellamy (maybe) and Balotelli (maybe) any of these players (apart from maybe Bellamy) would start anywhere else in the Prem. It seems Man City's policy is 'Buy the competition, and stunt their growth'

Anyway, my predicted starting XI for City?

Hart

Richards Komapny Lescott Kolarov

Barry Y Toure De Jong Silva

Aguero Tevez

But still, look at all the talent on the bench/in the reserves?? Rant over :p

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Transfer window is as crazy as usual, but one team's transfer policy always perplexes me...MANCHESTER CITY

Firstly Gael Clichy....why?! Yes he was cheap, but they already have Wayne Bridge, Alexander Kolarov, and Vincent Kompany that can play that position, just seems like a waste.

Stefan Savic looks like a young prospect, but he's behind Lescott, Toure, Kompany, Onuoha and probably Boyata, and I doubt if he will even get time in the reserves!!

and then Aguero...probably a good choice, but bear in mind they already have SWP, Adebayor, Dzeko, Johnson, Santa Cruz, Silva, Tevez (maybe), Bellamy (maybe) and Balotelli (maybe) any of these players (apart from maybe Bellamy) would start anywhere else in the Prem. It seems Man City's policy is 'Buy the competition, and stunt their growth'

Hart

Aguero Tevez

Man City is the most confusing club I have ever seen. Mancini never fails to surprise, does he?

Twix92

404 Not Found
Man City is the most confusing club I have ever seen. Mancini never fails to surprise, does he?

Haha nope! Not at all! Good manager, goes a bit crazy once money is on the table, I mean there are probably three good teams of outfielders he has, and 10 of them won't even play in the reserves, IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!! :O

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!

Hart

Aguero Tevez

Kompany plays in a more central role so I wouldn't count him when naming left backs.

Savic will get game time, considering that Manchester City are in the Champions League and will end up having a lot more matches including a congested calender during the latter stages, rotation will be necessary as you can't have just 2-3 center backs playing all those games and they are in a good position because it's not as if any of those centre backs they have are truly terrible and is a liability.

As for Aguero, as well as him the four strikers are going to be Tevez (until he leaves for wherever), Balotelli (Isn't the finished article yet) and Dzeko (still needs a bit of time). Everyone else shouldn't even really be mentioned in comparison to Aguero.

Wright-Phillips? Why would you play him?
Adebayor? Mancini has made it clear he doesn't like him and is not part of his plans
Johnson? He's going to be played more as a winger anyway
Santa Cruz? Hahahaha, no.
Bellamy? Not really good enough

Yes they have a lot of strikers but considering that the substandard strikers and players that are there was signed by Mark Hughes, there's not really much that can be done about that other then to get rid of them.

Anyway I only came here to say "Arsenal, the hell?"

I don't mean this in a harsh way but seriously? Did you not realise that you needed to be active in the transfer market and get players that WILL improve the team. 2 weeks to go until the start and Gervinho is your only signing? I. Am. Disappointed.

Not only that but you've sold Clichy and weakened the depth of your team defensively and you must be mad if you think Kieran Gibbs is going to be good enough for you to challenge for the title.

The Fabregas and Nasri saga should have been put to bed ages ago and it's still continuing? Really?

So meanwhile while Manchester United are strengthening their squad along with Manchester City and even Liverpool, Arsenal are just doing...to put it bluntly, naff all when it comes to recruitment. I know you don't have the same amout of resources and funds as your rivals but this is pathetic.

I'm calling it now, Arsenal are just going to have an even more disappointing season yet again and will NOT win anything.

Armando Payne

^ Actually I think I can tell Arsenal's game plan, pass the ball to death. I mean, yeah defensively, they're a bit naff, but they've got Gervinho who played for a team of champions, so yeah, hopefully Gervinho will tell Wenger how to win a tournament, considering he has won something, and the last time Arsene Wenger did anything was in 2005, where they lost to Barcelona in the Champions' League final, so I'm guessing, Chelsea, Liverpool, and the two Manchester clubs for the CL, Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton or Bolton for the Europa League, and QPR, Swansea and hopefully, the worst team ever to have played in the Premier Ship Wigan will go down. I really, really, really hope Wigan go down, because they're absolutely pitiful, they're more of a Blue Square Bet Premier team then a PL team. But no, Stoke had to screw up again and keep the worst team in England up. I also wouldn't mind Stoke crashing and burning because I detest them with a passion, for sending the wrong teams down, last season Blackpool, in 2003 if I recall correctly Walsall.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
^ Actually I think I can tell Arsenal's game plan, pass the ball to death. I mean, yeah defensively, they're a bit naff, but they've got Gervinho who played for a team of champions, so yeah, hopefully Gervinho will tell Wenger how to win a tournament, considering he has won something, and the last time Arsene Wenger did anything was in 2005, where they lost to Barcelona in the Champions' League final, so I'm guessing, Chelsea, Liverpool, and the two Manchester clubs for the CL, Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton or Bolton for the Europa League, and QPR, Swansea and hopefully, the worst team ever to have played in the Premier Ship Wigan will go down. I really, really, really hope Wigan go down, because they're absolutely pitiful, they're more of a Blue Square Bet Premier team then a PL team. But no, Stoke had to screw up again and keep the worst team in England up. I also wouldn't mind Stoke crashing and burning because I detest them with a passion, for sending the wrong teams down, last season Blackpool, in 2003 if I recall correctly Walsall.

Wigan are awful, no doubt about it. I loved Blackpool :'( sad face is sad because Blackpool are in the crummy league again. QPR - argh. Well, at least Fulham fans can direct their QPR chant at someone now, and I really want QPR to go down again. Leeds need to get up, because they are actually really good.

Any thoughts on Fulham in the Europa league this year? I know it's not transfer-related, but it's pretty much the only football thread on Serebii so yeah.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
I'd love to know what exactly you think is crummy about the football Championship.

West Ham and Portsmouth are both in the Championship at the same time. That makes it crummy. :p

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
What a community shield! Take a bow! I have lost count how many times i've said this, but NEVER WRITE UNITED OFF!!! :D

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Edited with what I thought you were about to say.

Ooh, good one. Yeah, I suppose that'd be a more correct sentence, though Portsmouth as well maybe? Don't really know.

I think we may have deviated off subject a little.