• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Football Transfer Window 2011!

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Here is a thread to discuss the transfer window of 2011!

This year seems to be a hectic and exciting one for Manchester United! Phil Jones is undergoing a medical while David De Gea and Ashley Young's deals look to be wrapped up any day now! They have also been linked with the likes of Samir Nasri, Wesley Sneijder and Luka Modric. I personally think Modric will be our best signing. He's a perfect replacement for Scholes, commands the midfield and his passing is pinpoint. Fergie offered 20 million, which was rejected, but i think, with the arrival of Phil Jones, maybe its time to sell Jonny Evans or Wes Brown for something like 6 or 8 million and use that money to increase the offer on Modric. With Modric, Young, De Gea and Phil Jones, i believe they can can beat Barcelona!

Discuss away!

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Liverpool going English! Bought Carroll & now Henderson from the Scum. Don't forget they have Gerrard to come back, who will feel like a new signing for both Liverpool and England.

Chelsea need a manager before they look at signing anyone. Man Utd need to take advantage and get Sneijder before hiddink is reinstated! Don't expect Neymar to join an English club either...

Sunderland to spend the Henderson money on 3/4 Man Utd fringe players - O'shea, Brown, Gibson and kuskfhiguhg(The Keeper). Sucks to be them haha!

Arsenal need to spend BIG! Cahill & Samba would be great signings, even Upson! A proven goal scorer is more vital! Benzema, I don't feel would cut it here.

City, well...don't believe what you read, they could afford anyone - but doesn't mean those players will play the 2nd rate Manchester Team.

Now, to my team, NEWCASTLE UNITED! Team of the season in the premier league, got rid of the crap when relegated :)()but bounced back as the 3rd best team in Championship history, with stars like Nolan, Barton, Enrique & Carroll. We sold Carroll - v.good business! Enrique wants away! Barton & Nolan want to stay but not offered contracts? I don't get it. Could see those 3 leaving next month...

Newcastle need to hurry up spend all the £35million from carroll and sign Gervino & Cabaye from Lille (French league & Cup champs!) Samba, 3 stikers whilst selling all those all ready at the club, tie down Nolan & Barton, sell Enrique and bring in a GOOD replacement, not this plumper from Swansea...Ben Arfa will feel like a new signing. A lot of business at St.James this Summer.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Liverpool going English! Bought Carroll & now Henderson from the Scum. Don't forget they have Gerrard to come back, who will feel like a new signing for both Liverpool and England.

Chelsea need a manager before they look at signing anyone. Man Utd need to take advantage and get Sneijder before hiddink is reinstated! Don't expect Neymar to join an English club either...

Sunderland to spend the Henderson money on 3/4 Man Utd fringe players - O'shea, Brown, Gibson and kuskfhiguhg(The Keeper). Sucks to be them haha!

Arsenal need to spend BIG! Cahill & Samba would be great signings, even Upson! A proven goal scorer is more vital! Benzema, I don't feel would cut it here.

City, well...don't believe what you read, they could afford anyone - but doesn't mean those players will play the 2nd rate Manchester Team.

Now, to my team, NEWCASTLE UNITED! Team of the season in the premier league, got rid of the crap when relegated :)()but bounced back as the 3rd best team in Championship history, with stars like Nolan, Barton, Enrique & Carroll. We sold Carroll - v.good business! Enrique wants away! Barton & Nolan want to stay but not offered contracts? I don't get it. Could see those 3 leaving next month...

Newcastle need to hurry up spend all the £35million from carroll and sign Gervino & Cabaye from Lille (French league & Cup champs!) Samba, 3 stikers whilst selling all those all ready at the club, tie down Nolan & Barton, sell Enrique and bring in a GOOD replacement, not this plumper from Swansea...Ben Arfa will feel like a new signing. A lot of business at St.James this Summer.

I think they should target the relegated clubs- Blackpool, West Ham and Birmingham. Roger Johnson, DJ Campbell and Demba Ba could be great signings for them!

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Ba would be for a bit, but I can see him being poor in a better team. Parker, we had him before and he was sold for a reason...he spins on the spot and was really poor on Sat. Spurs can have him...

DJ campball is poor at best, as is Roger Johnson. They wouldn't fit in at Newcastle. But then again, Campball will be better than Ameobi or Ranger...

Mevejuma

Here is a thread to discuss the transfer window of 2011!

This year seems to be a hectic and exciting one for Manchester United! Phil Jones is undergoing a medical while David De Gea and Ashley Young's deals look to be wrapped up any day now! They have also been linked with the likes of Samir Nasri, Wesley Sneijder and Luka Modric. I personally think Modric will be our best signing. He's a perfect replacement for Scholes, commands the midfield and his passing is pinpoint. Fergie offered 20 million, which was rejected, but i think, with the arrival of Phil Jones, maybe its time to sell Jonny Evans or Wes Brown for something like 6 or 8 million and use that money to increase the offer on Modric. With Modric, Young, De Gea and Phil Jones, i believe they can can beat Barcelona!

Discuss away!

I wouldn't be so sure about you getting Modric, you're sounding too confident about it. Harry will make sure he doesn't lose any of his top players. If they miss out on a top 4 finish again next season, then maybe he will have to think about the possibility of losing one or two, but not this window. I am resigned to admit you will probably sign Young, and Jones is pretty much wrapped up, though I did hear that De Gea wasn't leaving Atletico after all? I also doubt Sneidjer will come, I can see him in a blue shirt more easily than a red one.
I'm a Liverpool fan, and I think we'll put in another offer for Adam this summer, especially now that Blackpool have been relegated. I don't see why we're getting both Henderson and Adam though..both are central midfield players, and we've already got Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles and Spearing to play there. We need wingers, and I'm not entirely sure where we're going to find one. Cole will be sold, hopefully Poulsen as well. We need another good quality central defender as well, Carragher only has so long left in him.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
I'd put money on Joe cole returning to West Ham.

De Gea himself said there was no deal in place for him to Join Man Utd. Not good for United, especially with Sunderland wanting their Number 2...Ben Foster anyone?

Sneijder. A strange one. It's transfers like this where the player joins a Spanish club over a English one.

Adam to Liverpool seems likely. Though with Scholes retiring, and his perfomance on the last day could persuade Fergie to buy him.

Liverpool will look to sell, if only to balance the books and free up wages

Rezzo

Occasionally
LiverpoolNewcastle need to hurry up spend all the £35million from carroll and sign Gervino & Cabaye from Lille (French league & Cup champs!) Samba, 3 stikers whilst selling all those all ready at the club, tie down Nolan & Barton, sell Enrique and bring in a GOOD replacement, not this plumper from Swansea...Ben Arfa will feel like a new signing. A lot of business at St.James this Summer.

Haha the thought of Mike Ashley spending more than a tenner of that on the team is funny.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
So are your jokes...

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I wouldn't be so sure about you getting Modric, you're sounding too confident about it. Harry will make sure he doesn't lose any of his top players. If they miss out on a top 4 finish again next season, then maybe he will have to think about the possibility of losing one or two, but not this window. I am resigned to admit you will probably sign Young, and Jones is pretty much wrapped up, though I did hear that De Gea wasn't leaving Atletico after all? I also doubt Sneidjer will come, I can see him in a blue shirt more easily than a red one.
I'm a Liverpool fan, and I think we'll put in another offer for Adam this summer, especially now that Blackpool have been relegated. I don't see why we're getting both Henderson and Adam though..both are central midfield players, and we've already got Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles and Spearing to play there. We need wingers, and I'm not entirely sure where we're going to find one. Cole will be sold, hopefully Poulsen as well. We need another good quality central defender as well, Carragher only has so long left in him.

I never said United were gonna get Sneijder or Modric. Just said that they would be quality signings. So would be Nasri, on whom, Manchester United have stepped up their interest to right now!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6976928,00.html

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
That fails. Nasri is good, but not great. Modric would be better. But I feel they need Sneijder to play along side either. But you're talking close to £50million for 2 of these.

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I agree, i think Modric would be a better signing, but Fergie thinks Nasri is a better option. And most of the time, he's right. Plus, we got Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson and Cleverley.

Mevejuma

I never said United were gonna get Sneijder or Modric. Just said that they would be quality signings. So would be Nasri, on whom, Manchester United have stepped up their interest to right now!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6976928,00.html

It was your wording here:

I personally think Modric will be our best signing.

Using the word "will" suggests it is going to happen, you should have put "would" ;) but on topic, I expect Nasri or Fabregas to leave Arsenal this summer, if not both. They are both great, young talents who will have a lot of clubs hovering around them who can promise better chances of success than Arsenal. It's a shame I think, Arsenal are a great side who should have won something, but the way things have gone, I can see top players leaving.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Alright, keep it nice lads. Its not important.

Modric would suit Man Utd better, but I can now see Nasri there, the more I think about.

Pavy, to Toon? Was linked when we sold Carroll and been told to find another club, apparently.

Mevejuma

Alright, keep it nice lads. Its not important.

Modric would suit Man Utd better, but I can now see Nasri there, the more I think about.

Pavy, to Toon? Was linked when we sold Carroll and been told to find another club, apparently.

Sorry, but I have a bit of a thing with grammar..to use the internet phrase, I'm a grammar n*zi. I think the defeat to Barcelona will spur Fergie to make some good signings this summer, considering how quiet United have been recently in transfer windows. I read that Harry wanted to boost his strikeforce, not cut it, so I don't know if Pav will go or not, he's scored some good goals for them in the close season too.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
I'm the same ;)

The Final will definitely Spur (No pun intended here!) to sign new players, like Modric, Nasri & Sneijder. 2 of those 3 and cut the fringe players and Man Utd will be set tbh.

Harry will want to strengthen, definitely. But Pavy is a bit part player and won't be happy with another season on the bench. He's constantly linked away.

Berbatov is another player we were linked with...LOL!

Mevejuma

I'm the same ;)

The Final will definitely Spur (No pun intended here!) to sign new players, like Modric, Nasri & Sneijder. 2 of those 3 and cut the fringe players and Man Utd will be set tbh.

Harry will want to strengthen, definitely. But Pavy is a bit part player and won't be happy with another season on the bench. He's constantly linked away.

Berbatov is another player we were linked with...LOL!

Hmmm, it may not be that simple. Van der Sar has retired now, so they'll need another goalkeeper, and it will be difficult to find someone of Van der Sar's quality. Being the goalie's first season with United - perhaps even the EPL - it may be difficult for them to adapt quickly, so it could be an iffy season by United's standards. Not to forget Scholes is gone now too, and Giggs can't have long left in him.

I see what you mean with Pav, I believe we were linked with him in January. He should be the top striker for a mid-table club IMO, such as Newcastle or maybe even Fulham? I don't know if United plan on keeping Berbatov or not, it's a difficult one to call. All I know is that with United needing players, Chelsea wanting success, Arsenal nigh on needing success, City's money, and Spurs and Liverpool chasing the top 4, we're in for a great summer!

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Hmmm, it may not be that simple. Van der Sar has retired now, so they'll need another goalkeeper, and it will be difficult to find someone of Van der Sar's quality. Being the goalie's first season with United - perhaps even the EPL - it may be difficult for them to adapt quickly, so it could be an iffy season by United's standards. Not to forget Scholes is gone now too, and Giggs can't have long left in him.

I see what you mean with Pav, I believe we were linked with him in January. He should be the top striker for a mid-table club IMO, such as Newcastle or maybe even Fulham? I don't know if United plan on keeping Berbatov or not, it's a difficult one to call. All I know is that with United needing players, Chelsea wanting success, Arsenal nigh on needing success, City's money, and Spurs and Liverpool chasing the top 4, we're in for a great summer!

£50million on 2 players is a lot but not for Man Utd, in a time of change. One of those 2, to replace Scholes and another to improve the team to go one further than last seasons final. Then they need a GK. How about Akinfeev, if not De Gea? I don't see why they don't get Given or Foster tbh.

Pav is a Russia International. And won't want his place lost (If not already) in time for Euros next year. He has a season to prove himself - can you see him doing that bench warming?

Berba will leave. Be it to another English club or back to Germany or even Italy. Can't see him playing in Spain.

City's sales will be interesting! Adebayor, Roque & Bellamy all back for pre-season? Then the Tevez issue....hmm!

Arsenal to get a whole new Defence! Maybe a GK! Fabregas & Nasri to leave. Maybe Arsahvin and Rosicky. What are you left with? Walcott & Van Persie...

Mevejuma

£50million on 2 players is a lot but not for Man Utd, in a time of change. One of those 2, to replace Scholes and another to improve the team to go one further than last seasons final. Then they need a GK. How about Akinfeev, if not De Gea? I don't see why they don't get Given or Foster tbh.

Pav is a Russia International. And won't want his place lost (If not already) in time for Euros next year. He has a season to prove himself - can you see him doing that bench warming?

Berba will leave. Be it to another English club or back to Germany or even Italy. Can't see him playing in Spain.

City's sales will be interesting! Adebayor, Roque & Bellamy all back for pre-season? Then the Tevez issue....hmm!

Arsenal to get a whole new Defence! Maybe a GK! Fabregas & Nasri to leave. Maybe Arsahvin and Rosicky. What are you left with? Walcott & Van Persie...

We'll have to see with United, though they already let Foster go once. How would it look if they resigned him? But in any case, the goalie will take a while to settle I think. If there was a season to give it to United's defence, this is surely it.

I agree with Pav and Berb. They'll both move, and it will probably be England or Germany for both of them.

Tevez is always saying that he wants to move, how many stories have there been the past year or two that he's going to quit football or move somewhere else? I'm getting fed up with him, I'll be glad to be rid of him from the premiership.

You're forgetting Arsenal have Wilshere. Arshavin has said he'll stay as well, and I'm expecting Bendtner to move due to a lack of action. They definitely need a reliable goalkeeper though.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
We'll have to see with United, though they already let Foster go once. How would it look if they resigned him? But in any case, the goalie will take a while to settle I think. If there was a season to give it to United's defence, this is surely it.

I agree with Pav and Berb. They'll both move, and it will probably be England or Germany for both of them.

Tevez is always saying that he wants to move, how many stories have there been the past year or two that he's going to quit football or move somewhere else? I'm getting fed up with him, I'll be glad to be rid of him from the premiership.

You're forgetting Arsenal have Wilshere. Arshavin has said he'll stay as well, and I'm expecting Bendtner to move due to a lack of action. They definitely need a reliable goalkeeper though.

First bit of BIG TRANSFER NEWS CONFIRMED FOR THE SUMMER: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13685517.stm

Adler, Neuer, Akinfeev, De Gear or Stekelnburg. Plenty out there capable of stepping in to Van Der Sars Shoes...or boots rather!

Berba is a Newcastle fan. His idle is Shearer and likes he club. Wants to be a main man and he can be here...but he's also a bit old and will need someone to provide for him...not a future no.9. Neither is Pavy though. But I'm nostalgic to him, always been a fan! According to Sky Sports betting - Berba is favourite to join Newcastle - "N'castle 6/4" and Defoe is also odds on too! As are Ba & C.Cole! :D

Tevez. What can you say about him? He's a talent, but a liability. Sell him whilst he's on top and buy someone else. Or better yet, give Dzecko the leading role...

I did forget Wilshere. Arshavin, may have said that (Was when he was in Russia with St.Peters, last week, right?) but he's been terrible, at least in the second half of the season. Can see Arsene Selling him to fund other players. Bender (No correction needed!) is awful. We were linked with him and I died a little inside at the though of him & Ameobi up front *Cringe*

EDIT: Talking of Arsenal at the end there - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13714973.stm interesting?

EDIT 2: Regarding the Transfer I mentioned earlier Cabaye from Lille to Newcastle - Taken from NUFC.COM

"The proposed transfer of Lille central midfielder Yohan Cabaye (left) to Newcastle is expected to be finalised in the coming days, with the player heading to Tyneside for a medical following international duty with France.

The 25 year-old retained his place in the French side who are currently playing Poland in a friendly at the home of Legia Warsaw. France led 1-0 at half time courtesy of an own goal.

That was his fourth full cap for Les Bleus, since debuting during a 1-2 friendly loss to Norway in August 2010. After another cameo outing against Brazil last February, Cabaye was then promoted to the starting XI for a 4-1 friendly win over Ukraine in Donetsk on Monday.

PS: Newspaper reports on Thursday claim that the Cabaye transfer fee is £4.8m."

EDIT 3 - News:
Manchester City's Jerome Boateng has declared his desire to join Bayern Munich but admits his future will hinge on the two clubs agreeing a fee.

Last edited:

Matt36

Clone my Balls!