• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For All Things Gay: Views on Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragons_Rock1988

Kapitän der Spiele

MizuJosh

Sapphire Kingdra
I know I didn't choose to be gay. I resented myself for a while before I came to accept it.

Dragons_Rock1988

Kapitän der Spiele
@ WQ (Just asking to see what your answer to your question is) Kinda as a second example. :)

---
Still, this is quite confusing. Let's call it both? maby it is a condition for some and not for others? who truely knows?

See! Someone who is said he didden't chose to be gay.

Still, maby we should say its both?

Dragons_Rock1988

Kapitän der Spiele
I personally don't think it's a disorder either, though. I think there are people who choose to be "gay," but that doesn't mean they're gay.

i see. doesen't it confuse you? :(

Dragons_Rock1988

Kapitän der Spiele
O_O i just don't understand what you're trying to say...

I was trying to say that its confusing. That some say they are gay but arnt and then the ones that are can't help it but they come to accept it.

thus making it confusing that some choose to and some cannot

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
I'm not sure either. I think some ppl may be confused about their sexuality. Sometimes ppl hide who they are attracted to b/c they feel frightened or ashamed or they just don't understand the emotions. Love is confusing at times.
To me I don't mind if ppl label themselves straight or gay, what I think matters is that you (meaning human beings) are comfortable abt who they are as a person and try to be kind towards others. If/when you find yrself romantically attracted to someone (same gender or opposing) all I can hope is that the feeling is mutual and a good loving relationship develops or a long-enduring friendship. Maybe it's an impossibly naive hope but it is my wish for everyone to experience love and peace in their lives. <3

Dragons_Rock1988

Kapitän der Spiele
I'm not sure either. I think some ppl may be confused about their sexuality. Sometimes ppl hide who they are attracted to b/c they feel frightened or ashamed or they just don't understand the emotions. Love is confusing at times.
To me I don't mind if ppl label themselves straight or gay, what I think matters is that you (meaning human beings) are comfortable abt who they are as a person and try to be kind towards others. If/when you find yrself romantically attracted to someone (same gender or opposing) all I can hope is that the feeling is mutual and a good loving relationship develops or a long-enduring friendship. Maybe it's an impossibly naive hope but it is my wish for everyone to experience love and peace in their lives. <3

I agree people need love or else they would go crazy ;) lol

Dragons_Rock1988

Kapitän der Spiele
people can get love from anybody because love works in mysterious ways :)

♀+♂+ <3

♀+♀= <3

♂+♂= <3

HA HA NICE!

great job on explainging what you are talking about :)

MizuJosh

Sapphire Kingdra
To clarify:

I believe there are those who want attention so much they will resort to labeling themselves as homosexual or bisexual, though they aren't biologically. I believe I am biologically homosexual.

Mawile412

Problem
To clarify:

I believe there are those who want attention so much they will resort to labeling themselves as homosexual or bisexual, though they aren't biologically. I believe I am biologically homosexual.

aww that's sweet for some reason :]

i'm biologically heterosexual... probably :X

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Dude its just two fathers lol.

You're right, it is just two fathers. Unfortunately, to some people this is the equivalent to the Devil killing God.

tho what are the chances of the child becoming a gay or lesbian due to the two fathers or two mothers?

I'm no mathematician but I would assume that the chances are the same as straight parents raising gay kids.

However if its low then whats the harm other than an increased risk of being bullied? (and even that can be as bad as most of the school shootings is due to bullying and lack of understanding. ) I mean untill it becomes so common that everyone is gay or that there are no more births that the bullying will be harsh.

This doesn't make sense. Yes, gay kids are bullied more. Of course an intolerant society propagates this. However, there is no correlation between acceptance and the amount of gay people. It's the ability to understand.

I mean if one is raised in a gay family is he/she not going to be intrested in the same gender too?

Not necessarily.

I also hear homosexualisum lesbianisum and bisexualisum are not just choise but can also be a mental condition as in something that suposed to spark during puberty doesent and thus leading a man to like men instead of woman vise versa due to a lack of something in the brain kinda thing.

It's not a lack, and it's not a disorder. Disorders prevent normal biological function. Homosexuality does that... how? Also, puberty is when sexual attraction, not orientation, begins to be revealed, so puberty is actually the discovery time, not the creation time.

About the us goverment, I really dont think the chances of the no kids for same sex couples is due to hate. I think the goverment has changed alot in the past 100 years.

No just religious pressure. Which is stemmed, usually, from hate or intolerance.

I even heard that one of the high up members of the us goverment was a transsexual. a man who became a woman.

I don't think that's true, she probably just looks like a man.

I mean if the goverment has a good reason for what it says then so be it. I'm Canadain, It's not my goverment. I cannot change any of it.

That's the problem, the government has no good reason. In fact, some amendments of the Constitution are being ignored in some of these issues regarding homosexuality.

Like some are saying, its a choice. Now could one expose them to enough woman and dancers ect. that they could show even a slight change in choice?

I hang out with three hot girls all day long. And I only have eyes for the football team. So no, lots of women doesn't make a significant change in orientation.

what I don't understand is if 100% of the tests showed no inprovement or change then how is it not a condition

It's not a condition in that exposing a black person to lots of white people will not make him biologically white.

Could this mean that some other brain disorders are not nessacairly disorders or conditions?

Again, disorders prevent normal functioning. Homosexuality doesn't.

I found out one day on "The Dr. Oz Show" ADHD can be brought onto children by giving them fruits that have had pesticides used on them. Thus proving it's not only inerited in the DNA

However, recent studies have suggested that certain nutrients and whatnot can "switch" genes "on and off" thus meaning that the genes are there, but not necessarily active.

I was trying to say that its confusing. That some say they are gay but arnt and then the ones that are can't help it but they come to accept it.

thus making it confusing that some choose to and some cannot

Gays who aren't gay anymore either are in deep denial or weren't actually gay. Either way, it's a matter of biology, not will.

Dragons_Rock1988

Kapitän der Spiele
i see :p

well if they make it so that it is a mental condition then certain christins can no longer condem them because in christianity mental conditions are an exception to being condemed

so if they were ill in some fasion then the fanatics couldent say that they are going to burn because of the fact that god has ment man to be with woman since they cannot help it.

but if they strive to make it a normal thing it gives the fannatics more right to condem them

Read this:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 are also debated among denominations and scholars.

Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." (NIV)

Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

"Prostitution or Homosexuality?

Romans 1 discusses how the people gave into their lust. Yet the meaning of the acts described are debated. Some see the passages as describing prostitution while others see it as a clear condemnation on homosexual behavior."

Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

now these verses are quite harsh however it was a verry different time back then.

and i will even ask my pastor of the first baptist church about my beliefe (Below this paragraph) and about the rights of the same gender community and about the verses above. he said it was ok for me to explore "ISLAM" so im shure he probaly will think different about the verses and agree with the rights of man kind.

i am christian and i think it is up to god to decide weither or not people the same sex community is going to hell. not what the fannatics think

in the end, was this man a good person? did he decide to not judge the streight man for their intolarance? was he kind? was he caring? was he generous?

and this is what i not to long ago chose to believe. if the man was of the same sex community and was a horrible person then ya he should go to hell. if he was kind caring compasionate generous. then by all means i think he should go to heaven. EDIT: and it doesent just have to be "HE" it can be SHE"

i used to be one of the people to STRONGLY hate people of the same sex community and would agree with the verses.

however i have come to realise hate is a sin and that Some of the verses could be out of date.

i have my own view of god and christ. and maby just maby some of the things in the bible could have been added or changed by the fanatical brittish during the middle ages (or the roman catholic)

i strongly believe Christ would not condem a gay man or a lesbian woman or someone who is bi. he would understand them.

i believe we should make new testiments (updated version for the rights and freedome of mankinmd) this will slow down if not stop the spread of aethiesum

Last edited:

MizuJosh

Sapphire Kingdra
You're right, it is just two fathers. Unfortunately, to some people this is the equivalent to the Devil killing God.

I'm no mathematician but I would assume that the chances are the same as straight parents raising gay kids.

This doesn't make sense. Yes, gay kids are bullied more. Of course an intolerant society propagates this. However, there is no correlation between acceptance and the amount of gay people. It's the ability to understand.

Not necessarily.

It's not a lack, and it's not a disorder. Disorders prevent normal biological function. Homosexuality does that... how? Also, puberty is when sexual attraction, not orientation, begins to be revealed, so puberty is actually the discovery time, not the creation time.

No just religious pressure. Which is stemmed, usually, from hate or intolerance.

I don't think that's true, she probably just looks like a man.

That's the problem, the government has no good reason. In fact, some amendments of the Constitution are being ignored in some of these issues regarding homosexuality.

I hang out with three hot girls all day long. And I only have eyes for the football team. So no, lots of women doesn't make a significant change in orientation.

It's not a condition in that exposing a black person to lots of white people will not make him biologically white.

Again, disorders prevent normal functioning. Homosexuality doesn't.

However, recent studies have suggested that certain nutrients and whatnot can "switch" genes "on and off" thus meaning that the genes are there, but not necessarily active.

Gays who aren't gay anymore either are in deep denial or weren't actually gay. Either way, it's a matter of biology, not will.

Wow, I like this. This pretty much sums up everything I was trying to send out plus more.

Dragons_Rock1988

Kapitän der Spiele
Wow, I like this. This pretty much sums up everything I was trying to send out plus more.

Heh :)

also here is a thing to think about.

Whether or not you (EDIT: or anybody since this was taken from a site.) believe homosexuality is a sin based upon your (EDIT: or Their) interpretations of the scripture, there are some issues surrounding the treatment of homosexuals of which Christians need to be aware. While the Old Testament focused on rules and consequences, the New Testament offers a message of love. There are some Christian homosexuals and there are those that desire deliverance from homosexuality. Rather than trying to be God and pass judgement on those individuals, a better option may be to offer prayers to those struggling with their homosexuality

man needs to be more understanding just like the above says.

may i ask you a question mizujosh?

are you a christian as well as a homosexual?

EDIT2: the next verse does say that homosexuals can inherit the kingdom if they come to the Lord, Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 6:11 - "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Last edited:

DarkMammoth

Lover of silly memes
Dragon's Rock, I don't think you truly comprehend what being "understanding" actually means.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, you're intentions seem good, but incredibly misguided. Homosexuals shouldn't feel the need for deliverance from their sexuality.

Last edited:

Dragons_Rock1988

Kapitän der Spiele
Dragon's Rock, I don't think you truly comprehend what being "understanding" actually means.

listen all i can say is its not up for me to judge them it is god who decides.

it is how they live their lives. being good or being sinful

quote: in the end, was this man a good person? did he decide to not judge the streight man for their intolarance? was he kind? was he caring? was he generous?

its for all christians too. to try and be good people

i will have to answer to christ for my past intolerances. but it helps to get over hate and be a better person. don't you agree?

this is how i come to understand. like i said earlier if they want to be like they are then so be it i have no problems with them as long as they dont try to change my sexual oreantation.

EDIT: i will continue to dicuss the topic but i do not wish to argue about my beliefe anymore ok? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.