• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For All Things Gay: Views on Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Nice to see that equality and understanding and common sense prevail in our world...

7 tyranitars

Valid as it may be, you mentioned that "China is more capitalist than America" as in healthcare. That should be replaced with "the EU" as America still has everyone pay for their healthcare. (Unless Obama made changes that I haven't heard about..?)

In the EU you have to pay for it the state doesn't do iot for you but it's more like
a law to pay for it not a choice that way people don't get kicked on the street if they can't pay the hospital cost

7 tyranitars

Valid as it may be, you mentioned that "China is more capitalist than America" as in healthcare. That should be replaced with "the EU" as America still has everyone pay for their healthcare. (Unless Obama made changes that I haven't heard about..?)

In the EU you have to pay for it the state doesn't do iot for you but it's more like
a law to pay for it not a choice that way people don't get kicked on the street if they can't pay the hospital cost

GaZsTiC

Alternating

I am aware. I am a part of the EU. I was simply correcting you, sorry for any misunderstanding.

7 tyranitars

ehm thank you but you corected someon else not me.
but I think we are getting a little off topic..

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Yes, just a bit of topic
[looks around nervously for roving mod's]
Equality and Common Sense For Teh Win!11!!!1

Utists

I just love it when people say that being gay is a choice. Did they choose to be straight? Didn't think so. Coming from a homosexual, I can assure you it's not... as can every other gay person on the planet. The only reason there's prejudice against gay people and homosexuality as a whole, is because of the bible. It always always always always comes down to "what the bible says about it". It really sickens me.
And HOW DARE anyone to compare homosexuality to pedophelia. Homosexuality is a SEXUAL ORIENTATION. Pedophelia is a disgusting fetish.

DecodexMe

I just love it when people say that being gay is a choice. Did they choose to be straight? Didn't think so. Coming from a homosexual, I can assure you it's not... as can every other gay person on the planet. The only reason there's prejudice against gay people and homosexuality as a whole, is because of the bible. It always always always always comes down to "what the bible says about it". It really sickens me.
And HOW DARE anyone to compare homosexuality to pedophelia. Homosexuality is a SEXUAL ORIENTATION. Pedophelia is a disgusting fetish.

I agree with him, why would anyone compare homosexuality to pedophelia? o_O That's just really wrong. People can choose what they want to be, who cares what the bible says? I mean really, granted you're "suppose" to have a mom and a dad, but you know what? Gay guys can actually take care of children really well.

7 tyranitars

^ apperantly only ignorant people believe that kind of talk, since they don't know anything about it the go like yuck, I'm not gay but I have nothing against them

iRepMorons

I'm not a homosexual, but I have many friends that are. One of my closest friends of about 3 years is gay (granted he eventually wanted to get into my pants, but thats not the point).

I don't see any problem with being gay, or people wanting to be gay. Just as long as you don't parade it around in front of my face e.g. overly gay behaviour, prancing around like a total fairy and lording it above everyone, then its fine by me.

What I do have a problem with is homophobic people. Yes everyone has a choice, and yes people can think what they want, but any sort of predjudice against anyone, for what choices they have made in their lifetime, sickens me.

My two cents.

Grei

not the color
I don't see any problem with being gay, or people wanting to be gay. Just as long as you don't parade it around in front of my face e.g. overly gay behaviour, prancing around like a total fairy and lording it above everyone, then its fine by me.

Honestly, I agree. A lot of people freak out when others say this ("Just don't act so annoying gay around me") and claim that the person who said this needs to get over themselves and allow people to express what they want.

While it's true that they're free to express what they want, the way they are acting is entirely because of them, and not their orientation. Just because one is gay does not mean they need to act stereotypically gay, and it also doesn't mean that they need to proclaim it everywhere. At that point, it's obnoxiousness and just like how it is with anybody else--heterosexual, homosexual, boy, girl, black, white--it gets annoying.

So I agree. I think it's fully justified for somebody to tell a gay person to stop parading their sexuality around. Just like it's justified that somebody can tell a black man to stop claiming every little bit of negativity towards them is racism. Just like how anybody can tell a woman to stop crying sexism when a man get's something they didn't.

You can be gay. Just stop throwing it in people's faces. You have the right to, but it's annoying.

iRepMorons said:
What I do have a problem with is homophobic people. Yes everyone has a choice, and yes people can think what they want, but any sort of predjudice against anyone, for what choices they have made in their lifetime, sickens me.

(Of course, this insinuates that your sexual orientation is a choice, which it isn't. But anyway.)

I find it sickening, too. Why people in the world cannot just accept others and live alongside people who have differences is beyond me. You can see children doing this on a daily basis at school--their innocence often allows them to make friends and playmates with anybody, regardless of that person's race, gender, background, etc.

It almost makes you wonder if children are more advanced than adults. Because surely, an "advanced being" should be able to cope with differences. Children can, why can't everybody else?

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Actually children love their little groups and their various labels.
I remember that in Primary School 'gay', '***got' and 'prick' were the three biggest insults that you never wanted to be connotated with, as it would grant you a swift and brutal social death warrant.

Slash4life

uncollared
Pedophelia is a disgusting fetish.

Well, it's sort of a fetish, but most fetishes put a lot of emphasis on consent. And let's not automatically put everything that fits under the heading of "fetish" under the heading of "bad" Most fetishes are, as I said, consensual first and foremost, and also generally do no long-term harm. Please don't condemn paraphillia as a whole.

Paedophillia, however, harms the kids long-term, and kids are generally not mentally, sexually, of emotionally developed enough to give consent. Way different from consensual bondage or hair-pulling

Sorry, slightly off-topic, but someone had to say it

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Actually I don't think paedophilia is a fetish. A fetish is something that generally transcends typical orientation, so for instance you could have a bondage fetish and be gay, have a bondage fetish and be straight or have a bondage fetish and be a paedophile etc. etc. It is often not dependent on the actual people involved in the relationship. Paedophilia is, I would think, a sexual orientation in the same vein as being heterosexual or homosexual, of course it is no where near as benign as the first two and should be deplored in all forms.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Yeah, I guess there will be a technical description but I'll be damned if I'm getting my name onto a government register to search for it :p

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥

I don't understand why people find this a problem. It's one thing if you find that "annoying", but even that isn't clearly justifying it. Why does everyone say "Oh, I don't like gay people except for the really really gay ones that are just f*ggot flamers"? I don't mean to put words in your mouth and I'm not calling you out specifically, I'm just quoting stuff I have heard other people say. Why exactly does this bother people? The fact that they're flamboyant makes them... more prone to hatred by people who say they don't hate gay people... despite that a lot (not all) gay people are flamboyant. It just doesn't add up.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Everyone has their own likes & dislikes, love is love it comes in all forms. I've no issue with homos I once stepped in for a lesbian girl when she was being ridiculed by some guy on the street, I had to gave him words (and more) to think about, he won't be insulting any gays or lesbos in the future, well not in front of me anyways. They're okay with me.

Grei

not the color
Well, to go back on-topic: I haven't posted anything about my stance lately, but it hasn't changed much from before: I am gay, and i see nothing wrong with homosexuality, heterosexuality, of bisexuality. Also, from spending time on Khaos forums, I've grown to understand transsexuals more. So it's all good

From what I've heard, a lot of homosexuals tend to dislike bisexuals.

Why is that? Since hearing about that, I've always wondered why.

I don't understand why people find this a problem. It's one thing if you find that "annoying", but even that isn't clearly justifying it. Why does everyone say "Oh, I don't like gay people except for the really really gay ones that are just f*ggot flamers"? I don't mean to put words in your mouth and I'm not calling you out specifically, I'm just quoting stuff I have heard other people say. Why exactly does this bother people? The fact that they're flamboyant makes them... more prone to hatred by people who say they don't hate gay people... despite that a lot (not all) gay people are flamboyant. It just doesn't add up.

I realize that for most it's homophobia, but personally, I think it's annoying that gay people have to act like the media classically portrays the stereotypical gay--with a specific voice and stance and personality. I haven't ever understood why some gay people act like that.

Otherwise, there are flamboyant straight men, so there really shouldn't be a problem with just flamboyancy (really, there isn't a problem with a gay guy acting stereotypically gay either, I just find that obnoxious), so people disliking flamboyant gays is evidently due to homophobia.

Status
Not open for further replies.