• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For all things relative to politics.

BigLutz

Banned
Some one is going to jaillllll

And the subpoena's will go flyin!

The Obama Campaign better start hiring independent council and fast. One thing about Patrick Fitz is that he digs and digs and digs until he gets what he wants. And as the Times put it today, this could haunt Obama's first year.

Who in his Campaign knew about this? how high up were they? When did they know this? Did Obama know about this?

The words "Grand Jury" is even being tossed about, and we will probably see Axlerod and Obama appear since Axlerod already made the dumbass comment weeks ago about how Obama has met with the Gov about his Senate Seat. Not to mention you have to know the Campaign was watching the backroom dealings for that seat VERY closely.

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
^His term hasn't started yet, and the governor of his state is already gone... And it wasn't from a sex scandal, it was from legit poltics... well, politics... if they were legit he wouldn't be gone.

On a different note, Hannity has had an open invitation to have beer with Obama for ages now. Do you think he'll ever take him up on the offer? Free beer is hard to come by.

randomspot555

On a different note, Hannity has had an open invitation to have beer with Obama for ages now. Do you think he'll ever take him up on the offer? Free beer is hard to come by.

Free beer is, but someone who promoted Andy Martin is probably someone you want to stay away from.

BigLutz

Banned
Free beer is, but someone who promoted Andy Martin is probably someone you want to stay away from.

Well it's kind of unfair to throw out a list of past actions, especially on a day like today in which the guy Obama endorsed several times and advised is about to go to jail ~.^

That being said I think Hannity is to Obama as Limbaugh was to Bill Clinton, in other words a thorn in his side that he wont meet with till way after the election, possibly in a restaurant like how Limbaugh and Clinton met.

Last edited:

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
^And you can't rule out ayers, wright, and other people who are/were friends of Obama. And, thank God that Limbaugh is still around. Its great having conservative talk radio all afternoon if you want it. (Mark Levin has the late afternoon. And unlike the other two, he has free podcasts on his site)

BigLutz

Banned
Well it looks like Senate Republicans may kill the Auto Bail Out bill. Which I am going back and forth about. On one hand the auto industry needs the money. On the other hand going through bankruptcy could help the Auto Industry in the long term. Not to mention no matter what the number one problem for the auto industry MUST go if the American Auto Industry wishes to remain competitive in the world. Kill the Union, kill the UAW, the auto industry cannot function and remain competitive under it. Problem is we have a Pro Union Congress, and a Pro Union President Elect.

BTW Obama Fanatics FTL according to Politico:

President-elect Barack Obama’s Transition today launched “Open for Questions,” a Digg-style feature allowing citizens to submit questions, and to vote on one another’s questions, bringing favored inquiries to the top of the list.

It was suggested when it launched that the tool would bring uncomfortable questions to the fore, but the results so far are the opposite: Obama’s supporters appear to be using — and abusing — a tool allowing them to “flag” questions as “inappropriate” to remove all questions mentioning Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich from the main pages of Obama’s website.

The Blagojevich questions — many of them polite and reasonable — can be found only by searching words in them, like “Blagojevich,” which produces 35 questions missing from the main page of the site.

Change that can be deleted!

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Well both MN Senate campaigns have dropped hundreds of challenge ballots which help, but it still looks like Al Franken is getting desperate. How sad.

Ethan

Banned
Sarah Palin could run in 2012 despite what people say. As I remind people all the time, the public is fickle. They forget things and remember things. Think about when Nixon was running against Kennedy. President Eisenhower was interviewed and asked a question "What policies has vice president Nixon influenced you in? Eisenhower responded with "Give me a week and I'll think of something" Yet Nixon got his chance to be president too. Point is, stupid stuff blows over in the political world. What's the talk today probably ain't gonna be payed much attention to a few years from now. As long as Palin recomposes herself she has a fighting chance.

Now what's the evidence tying Obama to this governor scandal? I don't like Obama persay, but I haven't seen anything incriminating. A lot of people thought Reagan was involved in the Iran conta scandal and he got off scott free.

Anyway, still hoping Tim Pawlenty runs in 2012 or more prefferably 2016. Carlisle, why do you think he's boring? So far the only reason I've heard is because he's white and skinny. I mean come on. I think he's more formiddable than Jindal.

Well, he just doesn't seem like the type to energize people and bring out huge crowds like Obama/Clinton/Palin. He just seems like an old white guy who...doesn't stand out, so to say.

randomspot555

Sarah Palin could run in 2012 despite what people say. As I remind people all the time, the public is fickle. They forget things and remember things. Think about when Nixon was running against Kennedy. President Eisenhower was interviewed and asked a question "What policies has vice president Nixon influenced you in? Eisenhower responded with "Give me a week and I'll think of something" Yet Nixon got his chance to be president too. Point is, stupid stuff blows over in the political world. What's the talk today probably ain't gonna be payed much attention to a few years from now. As long as Palin recomposes herself she has a fighting chance.

Oh, I agree. She wasn't the source of any major scandal (arguably, no scandal at all), and politicians have recovered from much worse. I just don't think she has the politics to get elected to POTUS. With the VP slot, less focus is on their politics because their job is basically to [publicly] agree with the POTUS. If she gets elected to an empty seat, she could probably get a lifetime position in the House or Senate representing Alaska, or working in the administrative levels (RNC) or a think tank.

Now what's the evidence tying Obama to this governor scandal? I don't like Obama persay, but I haven't seen anything incriminating. A lot of people thought Reagan was involved in the Iran conta scandal and he got off scott free.

There isn't much. The news article that reported Obama was going to meet with Blogowhatever (to discuss the empty seat on Monday was later revoked and the meeting never happened, and there have been some very nasty quotes about Obama in the FBI taped conversations.

Anyway, still hoping Tim Pawlenty runs in 2012 or more prefferably 2016. Carlisle, why do you think he's boring? So far the only reason I've heard is because he's white and skinny. I mean come on. I think he's more formiddable than Jindal.

I think it depends on how Obama's administration goes. If, by primary time, it's going fairly well (IE not disastrous), then I bet a lot of the A-list names will withhold their campaign and some unknown will run. The disadvantage of that is the unknown will get a ton of exposure, and will be known enough to run in 4 more years, or he could win in an upset like in 1992.

BigLutz

Banned
There isn't much. The news article that reported Obama was going to meet with Blogowhatever (to discuss the empty seat on Monday was later revoked and the meeting never happened, and there have been some very nasty quotes about Obama in the FBI taped conversations.

Correct on one part right now there isn't anything incriminating on Obama, other than the fact he lied. Yet the investigation has just really ramped up and we have no idea what will happen.

Problem though is that the Obama team has f'ed up this so very badly. They released a very tight lipped response to it, keeping it as vague as possible. And Barack Obama himself stands up and lies about not having contact with the Governor. And then his own website is deleting questions, valid questions, relating to the scandal.

As for Obama meeting with the Governor, there are three different articles that say it happened: Two KHQA, and David Axlerod which is the most damming of them all.

KHQA removed the information from its website after Obama went on national TV and basically lied, and replaced it with this:

"The story housed in our website archive was on the morning of November 5, 2008. It suggested that a meeting was scheduled later that day between President Elect Obama and Illinois Governor Blagojevich. KHQA has no knowledge that any meeting ever took place. Governor Blagojevich did appear at a news conference in Chicago on that date."

But just like the Washington Post story from a few months back which was removed when it "harmed" Obama. They either knew or they didn't know. If they didn't know then they made up a complete lie out of whole cloth. Either they did know, and Obama lied to our faces.

And then a few days later they post ANOTHER article, saying that Obama had met with the Governor to discuss it.

Nov 5th:CHICAGO, ILL. — Now that Barack Obama will be moving to the White House, his seat in the U.S. Senate representing Illinois will have to be filled.

That’s one of Obama’s first priorities today.

He’s meeting with Governor Rod Blagojevich this afternoon in Chicago to discuss it.

Nov 8th: QUINCY, IL — Now that Barack Obama will be moving to the White House, his seat in the U.S. Senate representing Illinois will have to be filled.

Obama met with Governor Rod Blagojevich earlier this week to discuss it.

And then there is good ole David Axlerod, one of Obama's chief advisers, one of the main men running the Campaign, some one entirely in the loop on everything that happens. HE goes on TV and says the meeting happened.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/12/questions-arise.html

Now one has to wonder, could three different sources of information be absolutely wrong about something so simple? So innocuous as a meeting? OR is it more realistic that Obama who wants to distance himself from a scandal have lied to try and get the press off his back?

Uh, for a Republican governor in a state that's voted democrat the past eight elections, it means a whole lot.
Yeah, okay, but it's not going to really be made out to the public. He's just not an exciting guy, so he kind of needs an exciting campaign and exciting message to go for him. Something that can you know...raise money and stand up against the Obama campaign and the Democratic party.

Ethan

Banned
How is he not exciting? The only thing I've heard is that he's too white and skinny. He speaks well and has a good charm to him as seen via the Republican national convention.

How is he not exciting? The only thing I've heard is that he's too white and skinny. He speaks well and has a good charm to him as seen via the Republican national convention.
Because there's nothing about him that stands out. He's just some old white guy without a message. I doubt when anyone hears about him they're like, "YEAHHH, GO TIMMMMMM!" Take a look at all the people who stand out - Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, etc. They're all minorities and/or women. Most of them are very young, as well. America seems to be heading in the direction where they DON'T want a typical white guy, they won't a person from a minority group. If Obama had been white, he wouldn't have gotten the attention he did.

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
And that is what bothers me. They claim to look past race, while paying more attention to it... Its reverse-racism, as one might say.

HoennMaster

Uh, for a Republican governor in a state that's voted democrat the past eight elections, it means a whole lot.

Well, I consider Tim Pawlenty to actually be a good Republican. I normally vote Democrat, but I like him. I'll vote for him if he runs a third term.

Take a look at all the people who stand out - Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Sarah Palin, etc

Hillary has been in the business for years now and stood out even before the campaign. Obama, I'll give you that one. Sarah Palin only stood out because people wanted to know who the hell she was.