• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For all things relative to politics.

ccangelopearl1362

American politics, or international politics? American politics, or international politics? American politics... or international politics? America may have it bad during this economic crisis, but other countries, from Germany to China to the United Arab Emirates, might have it much worse. Next, we have Benjamin Netanyahu's Churchillian understanding of what might very well be the biggest shift in the Middle East this year, and that might be a massive story in and of itself. Feel to reply to my posts as you wish, BigLutz and Carlisle, if to further the basic purpose of this thread.

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
That fairness doctrine is a complete violation of free speech. And anyone who supports that may want a little check in the constitution. More like engrave it on a frying pan and pummel them until it's engraved. I really don't like this and if Obama wants my support he'll take it off.

BigLutz

Banned
I saw this on Drudge and I am shocked, absolutely shocked its on a NBC network, seeing how kiss *** they are to Obama. But... WOW

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853

So what is it? A revolt in Chicago? A new Chicago Tea Party?

Here are some exerpts

"'The government is promoting bad behavior"
"do we really want to subsidize the losers' mortgages"
"This is America! How many of you people want to pay for your neighbor's mortgage? President Obama are you listening? How about we all stop paying our mortgage! It's a moral hazard"

The National Nightmare Continues.

ccangelopearl1362

To think that the Fairness Doctrine can install a climate of fear about any subject on which anybody disagrees (with the American left). The irony within Attorney General Eric Holder's claim that America is a "nation of cowards" regarding race relations may be that much more glaring.:

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/02/...comes-to-race-america-is-a-nation-of-cowards/

I can only assume that Eric Holder never paid much attention to Jeremiah Wright's rants, and in my case, I don't have much regard for anyone seeking to divide this country based on whatever race is more aggrieved than the other. Maybe you guys can help me figure out what's going on here.

BigLutz

Banned

ccangelopearl1362

Iran asks Britain for a deal: Let us nuke some Jews, and we will stop ****ing up Iraq's Political System, and killing British troops

I cannot even explain the anger I had when I first read this. For Iran to not only admit that they are killing our troops in Iraq, to not only admit they are partly to blame for Iraq's shaky political system. But to use it as a bargaining point for them to get a nuclear bomb?

It is beyond disgusting, beyond horrible.

And Obama want to meet with these people...

Thank you, BigLutz. That British Broadcasting Corporation report about the latest act of evil from my favorite real-life villain got my attention in a huge way this evening, one month after Barack Obama became the 44th President of America. I indicated this a couple of days ago, but with each passing day since I first became aware of Iran's apocalyptic agenda, my certainty has only increased: It's a very good thing that soon-to-be-new Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu just got the green light from President Shimon Peres to form a new government there, so that Israel will be that much closer to taking a stand of strength against Iran's apocalyptic ayatollahs. Barack Obama looks horribly weak, but Gordon Brown looks downright pusillanimous. I remember that Royal Navy hostage crisis instigated by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards in April 2007, almost two years ago, and I couldn't help wondering what America would do to help Britain get those sailors back, especially given those sailors' evident humiliation on Iranian television. Between that and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's attempt to visit Ground Zero, of all places, it might be safe to say that my opinion of Iran's tyrannical regime has plummeted right through the Earth.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Iran asks Britain for a deal: Let us nuke some Jews, and we will stop ****ing up Iraq's Political System, and killing British troops

I cannot even explain the anger I had when I first read this. For Iran to not only admit that they are killing our troops in Iraq, to not only admit they are partly to blame for Iraq's shaky political system. But to use it as a bargaining point for them to get a nuclear bomb?

It is beyond disgusting, beyond horrible.

And Obama want to meet with these people...

To this, I have to say that the Quaran states that they do not have to honor contracts with infidels, so whats going to stop them if they get those nukes ( because it sure as hell won't be us).

About the Fairness Doctorine possibly coming about again: does censorship = unconstitutional not apply to liberal ideals?

About the mortgage stuff: about $8346 ( including the additional 13 dollars) isn't going to pay for anyone's mortgage.

Possible debate topic: Obama's troop surge in Afghanistan that gets almost zero coverage after Bush's surge was shot down constantly by the media.

ccangelopearl1362

To this, I have to say that the Quaran states that they do not have to honor contracts with infidels, so whats going to stop them if they get those nukes ( because it sure as hell won't be us).

The Hudaybiyya Treaty, or taqiyya? The Hudaybiyya Treaty, or taqiyya? The Hudaybiyya Treaty... or taqiyya? If Muhammad himself was the first jihadist, then the jihadists of the 21st century -- from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Hizb Ut-Tahrir -- cannot be satisfied until the entire planet surrenders to Allah. Since Iran is trying to buy time with its deceit, I fear that Barack Obama may end up looking at least as laughably weak as Gordon Brown within the coming months. The only language understood by the jihadists is the language of power, and since they can be nice to everyone else only if they're weak, their one-world caliphate may end up becoming far more unstable than they even realize. Hopefully, none of us have to find out what that one-world caliphate would look like, and yet, the possibility remains within my mind that humankind prefers to be submissive rather than free, whether it's the Fairness Doctrine or the Organization of the Islamic Conference, whether it's in Afghanistan, Pakistan, France, North Korea, or Venezuela. I wonder what such a possibility would say about the possible outcomes for these political topics...

BigLutz

Banned
This just gets better and better. Santelli responds to the White House, by tearing up the mortgage plan

Two things really from this:

A: Obama's White House doesn't like when the media goes against them. From Rush Limbaugh to Santelli, anyone that seems to go against the White House is called out. I suspect in the next year the White House will realize how dangerous and stupid this is.

B: Obama is losing the Populous battle. The clip calling for a new Boston Tea Party is a internet sensation right now, it is being driven by alot of anger out there. Obama rose to support on a lot of Populous Sentiment, being on the opposite side of that sentiment is a quick way to find your poll numbers dropping. Hopefully now he knows how Bush felt when you believe you are doing the right thing, and a majority of the United States is completely against you.

"I've read it... AND I STILL DON'T LIKE IT"

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
There's some real budget garbage going on here in California right now, where the economic situation is among the grimmest in the nation, and a new bill includes over $14 billion in new taxes in order to pump money back into the state. Arnold has abandoned his no-tax policy for some time now, so there's no surprise there, but you have to remember that California almost has a veto-proof Democrat majority, anyways. The State Senate was at a standstill for a few days, being one Republican vote short of passing the new budget deal which would screw Californians even further. The State Senate GOP even overthrew their leader in revolt over his support, but after the Dems basically locked the opposition up for the night, they still got their final vote.

I don't mean to offend anybody's ethnic background, but I truly believe that "Republican" happens to be German term for "Just Kidding, I'm Really a Democrat". I can't explain Arnold Schwarzeneggar any other way.

ccangelopearl1362

Rick Santelli: "We need to be American about this. A card laid is a card played. Do we want to inundate our kids with that, but more than that, do we want to teach our children that you can get out of a mistake and that there are do-overs? I just don't think that's American, and I read it, and guess what?! I STILL DON'T LIKE IT!!!"

Any comrades here up for singing the Obama National Anthem as composed by Glenn Beck? Yet, it has only been, what, five weeks? According to Stratfor's George Friedman in "Obama's Challenge", "sometime in March or April, things will get interesting.". If I were, say, a special advisor to Russian President Dmitry Medvedev or an operative for Hizb Ut-Tahrir, then I would be either doubled over in laughter, scrambling to exploit any weaknesses in the laughable Barack Obama administration -- or, more likely, both. I may not rant as extensively about political matters as Rick Santelli, but hopefully, my basic opinions about this spendulus bill, among other things, haven't changed.

BigLutz

Banned
FIRE HIM NOW

I do not need to expand, fire him now, and if the Obama Administration endorses it, then that is it. They could go absolutely conservative from now on, and I will scream at the top of my lungs how he it is with out a shadow of a doubt a FAILED PRESIDENCY. The rank, and stomach turning idiocy shown by them in the past month and a half is on par with Jimmy Carter. You know I told Carlisle in my previous post that this wasn't a National Disaster, I think this pushes it over the top to being a Presidency on par with a National Disaster.

This is a disgrace, it is a disgrace to the war dead, it is a disgrace for the families. And it's only use is for the VULTURES in the media who salivate at the idea of photographing the coffins of our war dead to advance their own idiological view.

Carlisle, anyone I dare you to argue with this, I DARE YOU.

Last edited:
Woah woah woah, lets not get into name calling. Of course those in the Bush Administration, as do those in the Obama Administration care about this country. It is quite poor in character to throw out a insult that those do not care about their country.
It may be an insult, but when someone's actions demonstrate the idea, I think it's fair to say it.

Anyway as for the so what? Normally it would be no big deal. But Obama Campaigned on Government Transparency, and having a clean office. He basically reversed some major promises from what he said on the Campaign trail when it came to "Cleaning up Washington"
Almost everything has been transparent. The stimulus bill, every last detail of it was posted online.

And really, since you defend the Obama Administration, I would not be pointing fingers and using words like "Crooks" and "Don't care about their country." Because it was just a few months ago that Vice President Biden, said and I quote "It's time to be patriotic ... time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut."

Now if paying your taxes makes you patriotic, and helping get America out of the rut, and Obama nominated four people who did not pay their taxes. By Biden's own logic, Obama has elected the most non patriotic, non caring about getting America out of the rut nominees out of any President!
Yes, the Obama administration has had it's share of crooks that have potentially made it in, but they all decided to bow out or own up to what they did.

Problem is that alot of Pork Remains, and outside of that pork are far left spending programs that are more based on satisfying Unions than helping the economy.
Can you give me a list of all the pork that was in the bill after it passed?

Even then it shouldn't be done. The CBO is saying it will have a negligible impact in jobs by 2011, and that by 2019 the spending in this plan will have caused so much Government debt that our GDP will begin to drop.
I don't think you can predict how the economy will turn out in 2019, when next year isn't even predictable.
He had a few meetings with Republicans, problem is he hasn't used his power to force the Democrats to include Republicans in the crafting of this bill, which shows a lack of leadership, and caused problems on Capital Hill. Furthermore he has now returned to partisan form, which shows a very very poor lack of leadership.
I can see your point, but a lot of the Democrats would be more happy to jump on board if Pelosi and Reed weren't such arrogant pigs who are walls blocking bipartisanship.

Talking and promoting peace with dictatorial regimes who have not only threaten us, but our allies, and coming at them from a position of weakness in which they will be able to use the meeting as propaganda, is either spineless or politically stupid, really take your pick.
I think negotiating with China and North Korea are good ideas. China especially. Our economy and our future in this world is going to depend on relationships with Asian countries is going to be vital.

Iran is already laying the framework for this, demanding Obama issue a appology to Iran for everything that has happened in the past 30 years. So they are already coming a Obama at a position of arrogance and power, partly because of his rhetoric displayed during the Campaign. They see the US as the Great Enemy, and with a Spineless President in power, they can bully and push him around and finally feel strong for once.
I think Iran has felt strong for quite a while, and I think it is fair to say we have treated Iran unfairly at times and that they should be given some sort of apology.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-as-Barack-Obama-bill-urges-Buy-American.html
They can say all they want but Europe knows it'll never break off ties with us.
The Senate's version of the legislation, which will be debated early next week, goes even further, requiring that any projects related to the stimulus use only American-made equipment and goods
Why is that bad?

Except unless the leaders have rightful reasons to gripe. As for pinning blame, again I would suggest you look at the current President right now, who has gone back to Partisan Retorick. How long did that Post Partisan Washington last that Barack Obama said he would bring in?
I'd say he's trying to be bipartisan, but the other Democratic leaders aren't willing to be.

So far each week Obama has been in office, there has either been a horrible scandal, with bad nominee choices coming more and more to the point even I am saying "MAKE IT STOP", or there has been controversial decisions such as Gitmo and the Abortion thing, or he or some one in his administration has acted like a child or disgustingly partisan: The Rush Limbaugh thing, the "I won" comment, his speech last week at the Democrat Retreat, his idiotic Press Secretary and the event with Jack Tapper.
The nominee choices were quite pitiful, but I think that phase is over. I don't think there is anything wrong with controversial orders involving Gitmo, abortion, stem cell research, or gays in the military. Those things are probably going to be controversial for quite some time.

Each President has a Honnymoon phase
Thankfully, Obama's is starting to end. I want more fair media coverage.

If you do not think that is a national nightmare, than I truly don't know what to say.
It hasn't been a "nightmare." Things may not have gone in the direction they were going, but things could have gone MUCH worse.

And no, the deceased's pictures should never be released to the media, no matter who or what.

BigLutz

Banned
It may be an insult, but when someone's actions demonstrate the idea, I think it's fair to say it.

No absolutely not. To level the insults you did on those people is the height of stomach turning Political Bigotry on your part.

Almost everything has been transparent. The stimulus bill, every last detail of it was posted online.

Ahh yes, you mean with out a search function or a quick jump function so people have to thumb through a hundred pages? What about that 5 day promsie? Whoops CANT HAVE THAT.

Yes, the Obama administration has had it's share of crooks that have potentially made it in, but they all decided to bow out or own up to what they did.

Excuse me but no they didn't, we wouldn't have some one running our taxes that was a tax cheat if that was true.

And lets not forget you are angry at the Bush Administration for laws you believe they broke after 8 years.

These guys are guilty of crimes before they even get into office!

Can you give me a list of all the pork that was in the bill after it passed?

You can find a partial list of some of the Pork here.

http://www.nationwidechicagoteaparty.com/Pork.htm

Problem is that so many fill in the blanks are still in the Stimulus that it allows for pork to be added in later on.

My favorite? $ 8 billion for "high speed rail" from Disneyland in Anaheim, CA to Las Vegas

and

$30 million for a salt marsh mouse study in the San Francisco Bay Area

“Never let a serious crisis go to waste.” - Rahm Emanuel White House Chief of Staff

I don't think you can predict how the economy will turn out in 2019, when next year isn't even predictable.

They are called projections, and when they are spending money this horrendously, yes you can have a idea as to how bad our GDP will be. That's like seeing a F5 Tornado off in the distance heading your way and saying. "You can't predict that it is heading this way" the damage is so damn big that it would be hard for us not to hit it.

And you know what? 2019 may be a pipe dream, with as much debt and spending Obama is doing, we could see Hyper Inflation, we could see a run on the dollar, we could see Stagflation.

I can see your point, but a lot of the Democrats would be more happy to jump on board if Pelosi and Reed weren't such arrogant pigs who are walls blocking bipartisanship.

Oh it isn't just Pelosi and Reed this time that allowed this Partisanship to go on. It was all three.

I think negotiating with China and North Korea are good ideas. China especially. Our economy and our future in this world is going to depend on relationships with Asian countries is going to be vital.

China Yes, North Korea no. North Korea is on the fast track to failure and no matter what we do, they continue to use our money to fuel their own aims while millions of their people die. As for China, yes it is a rising industry, but their economic control over their money and cutting corners on regulation is keeping us from being able to compete. Until we stop *** kissing China, and actually drag them kicking and screaming onto the world market. They will continue to own us economically.

I think Iran has felt strong for quite a while, and I think it is fair to say we have treated Iran unfairly at times and that they should be given some sort of apology.

Excuse me?! I mean I cannot believe this

These people have been influence Iraq's Government to make it collapse. THEY HAVE BEEN KILLING OUR TROOPS! They have admitted this. And lets not even get into what they have done to Israel.

So are we going to suddenly get down on our bended knees in front of these murderers. And say "Oh Please, forgive us, because we said nasty words about you."

They can say all they want but Europe knows it'll never break off ties with us.

No they will just errect protectionist policies of their own that will hurt our industries. In other words, if we start doing "Buy America" they will respond with "Buy French" or "Buy British" or "Buy German" and while we wont be completely cut off from European markets, we will be substantially weakened.

Why is that bad?

Again as I said, it will cause a Trade War to erupt through protectionist legislation that will do FAR more damage to our country.

I'd say he's trying to be bipartisan, but the other Democratic leaders aren't willing to be.

If he was trying to be bipartisan then he would actually use his power within the party to force bipartisan ship. Sitting on your *** is not being bipartisan PERIOD.

The nominee choices were quite pitiful, but I think that phase is over. I don't think there is anything wrong with controversial orders involving Gitmo, abortion, stem cell research, or gays in the military. Those things are probably going to be controversial for quite some time.

Well lets get something right here, we are digging ourselves into a horrendous hole, and we do not need to be sending money over seas for abortions when we cannot pay for things over here. Closing Gitmo was a cluster F from the word go, they have no plan for it, and pulling it off was utter stupidity. Gays in the Military and Stem Cell Research I could care less about.

As for the nominee process, only 70 out of 500 have made it through, and we are to the point that because there are so many holes, it is getting dangerous.

It hasn't been a "nightmare." Things may not have gone in the direction they were going, but things could have gone MUCH worse.

Oh excuse me YES IT HAS. Trillion Dollars, not one, not two, but multi trillion dollar deficit. The destruction of our businesses with the stupidity of the Carbon Tax. The mountains of debt that will hurt our children, the absolute embarrassment of the nominees, the trashing of the dignity of our war dead, the power grab on the Census, the power grab using the Czars beyond what the last two Presidents did. It is BEYOND nightmare now.

And no, the deceased's pictures should never be released to the media, no matter who or what.

Welcome to the Disaster that is the Obama Presidency.

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

Welcome to the Disaster that is the Obama Presidency.

I'm assuming that it's a very good thing that the 2009 Conservative Political Action Conference has been getting into high gear since yesterday.:

http://www.cpac.org/default.asp
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/townhall-presents-cpac-2009
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2009/02/27/mike-pence-at-cpac/
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/02/26/huckabee-at-cpac-we-need-competent-conservatism/

I will admit to expressing a certain level of curiosity about this conference, what with the attendance of: Mike Huckabee; Mike Pence; John Bolton; Tom Tancredo; Jim DeMint; Tom Coburn; Newt Gingrich; Frank Gaffney, Jr.; Mark Sanford; Tim Pawlenty; and Rush Limbaugh, among other prominent American conservatives, if that's what I may call them. The topics are numerous, from the culture war to voting fraud to a conservative Hispanic coalition to the Fairness Doctrine to Western civilization itself, and those were just the topics from yesterday. Fortunately, Hot Air and Townhall.com have been providing live Internet coverage of the thing, so whenever I wish, I can simply tune in, right up to Rush Limbaugh's speech tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this.

BigLutz

Banned
So as Carlisle has said, the vetting scandals may be winding down, then again we have only had a fraction of the posts filled as the Vetters are now forced to go through the people with a fine tooth comb in hopes of keeping any more embarrassments from happening.

But this is still amature hour at the White House, so of course that means there has to be one last person, one last embarrassment that tops all others as the cherry, as the ultimate prize ontop of this wonderful cake this last month has been.

Apparently the Chief Vetter, the man who is supposed to check the nominations for any potential problems has.... his own tax problems

Amature Hour, the nightmare, the disaster, the national embarrassment, it continues on!

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
To be forthright I don't think it is fair to judge someone based off of one month of their Presedency. I mean we have'nt seen this man in action that much. My Idea with Obama is fairly nuetral.

6 months. It can be touchy. When a year passes, anything goes.

ccangelopearl1362

Truly? Well, maybe this should work. I will admit to enjoying the excerpts I have witnessed from the 2009 Conservative Political Action Conference, but my overall reasons for doing so may be different from each other. I will not deny the presence of those prominent American conservatives I mentioned, especially Rush Limbaugh, but perhaps the biggest event in the whole gathering involved a man whom not many of us might have expected to show up there: Geert Wilders. Perhaps as a measure of proper balance on my part, I would like to attend CPAC for myself... once. I can imagine that CPAC's organizers wanted to emphasize tax decreases and less government spending to counter the Democrats' agenda, but given what I've said in the past about international jihadism, from Islamic finance to the Organization of the Islamic Conference to Iran, one might assume that I have my own reasons for opining that Barack Obama looks horribly weak and will ultimately fail as President of the United States. All of you may chew on these weblinks as you wish, so that freedom, whether it's economic liberty or freedom of expression, may continue to shine.

Last edited:
FIRE HIM NOW

I do not need to expand, fire him now, and if the Obama Administration endorses it, then that is it. They could go absolutely conservative from now on, and I will scream at the top of my lungs how he it is with out a shadow of a doubt a FAILED PRESIDENCY. The rank, and stomach turning idiocy shown by them in the past month and a half is on par with Jimmy Carter. You know I told Carlisle in my previous post that this wasn't a National Disaster, I think this pushes it over the top to being a Presidency on par with a National Disaster.

This is a disgrace, it is a disgrace to the war dead, it is a disgrace for the families. And it's only use is for the VULTURES in the media who salivate at the idea of photographing the coffins of our war dead to advance their own idiological view.

Carlisle, anyone I dare you to argue with this, I DARE YOU.

Okay, maybe the decision was a little bad. But frankly, the idea of Obama's presidency being a "national disaster" is, at best, unempathetic, disrespectful, and rude. Besides, is this ban reversal truly such a gut-bustingly terrible thing? I bet if John McCain or George Bush did it, you'd agree with this.

BigLutz

Banned
Okay, maybe the decision was a little bad. But frankly, the idea of Obama's presidency being a "national disaster" is, at best, unempathetic, disrespectful, and rude. Besides, is this ban reversal truly such a gut-bustingly terrible thing? I bet if John McCain or George Bush did it, you'd agree with this.

Mind you I am not Obama's Presidency being on a scale of National Disaster on only this thing. It is the reckless spending, it is the new taxation laws, it is the warp speed in creation of Government programs, it is the weakening of our Intel Gathering, it is the rank amateurish behavior displayed by this White House, all of this together, is what has led me to this decision.

Now was "National Disaster" words born out of frustration and anger at this decision? Maybe. But we will have to see if his budget passes, in it's current form, it is so disastrous to our economy, that yes I believe that Obama's Presidency could be as harmful to this country as a National Disaster.

And if it were John McCain or George Bush doing this I would be equally as ******. Because this decision isn't just a little bad, it is urinating on dead soldiers, and urinating on their families by allowing the media to use pictures of them to advance their own sick agenda. I do not think I need to SPELL Out to you why that is such a gut busting terrible thing.

That isn't "a little bad".

Last edited: