• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For all things relative to politics.

BigLutz

Banned
I find it comical. Let's not bullshit eachother about this. Me and all of you know nothing is going to be done over North Korea. The U.N. will probably whine and gripe about how they are violating the treaty, then decide to do nothing. Surprise surprise. The only way we could get NK into submission would be to convince China to cut off their aid to NK, but that's not going to happen. Any "warning" from any nation at this point is a bunch of hot air. Lord knows they aren't going to do shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Japan or South Korea grow some balls and begin to start arming up. A Raving Lunatic has Nuclear Weapons and a Long Range Missile right in their back yard. They know the US wont help them, they know the UN is pathetic, and they will have to step up by themselves. Basically what Israel will be doing soon.

Edit: Who wants to guess that the report from the Defense Department of massive decreases of funding in Anti Missile Technologies is going to get buried when it comes out monday?

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

I find it comical. Let's not bullshit eachother about this. Me and all of you know nothing is going to be done over North Korea. The U.N. will probably whine and gripe about how they are violating the treaty, then decide to do nothing. Surprise surprise. The only way we could get NK into submission would be to convince China to cut off their aid to NK, but that's not going to happen. Any "warning" from any nation at this point is a bunch of hot air. Lord knows they aren't going to do shit.

Thereby signaling to Kim Jong-Il that he can continue to rattle his nuclear saber until either he dies -- or East Asia explodes. To think that all this is happening while President Obama is attending that NATO anniversary summit.:

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/news_52867.htm?mode=news
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/04/president-oba-3.html

Given my recollections of Anders Fogh Rasmussen during the Muhammad cartoon conflagration, perhaps Turkish President Abdullah Gul was the turkey this time around. However, given that "Dictators Mock Obama's Ignorance" YouTube video, I can only suspect that Barack Obama will be the bigger turkey as this week begins. Finally, given my personal interest in Japan, I will be certain to pay very close attention to what it and South Korea end up doing to counter Kim's megalomania.

ImJessieTR

I WON'T kiss Ash...
I don't think I could be very diplomatic about North Korea....

"Hey, Kim ... if you wanna threaten us, you might want to pick a rocket that goes UP. Just some constructive advice. Like, you said it would reach orbit ... and basically, yet again, you made everyone pitch a fit about you and nuclear weapons when you obviously can't hit the broad side of a barn. You've had a stroke ... I can see why your aim'd be off. *no offense to stroke victims* Just spare us any more 'I'm gonna take over the world' nonsense, okay?"

ccangelopearl1362

Disgrace: Danish PM to finally apologize for Mohammed cartoons?

Uh... remember what I said about Rasmussen and Gul earlier? As of this moment, we may want to reverse that assumption. If this apology prevails, then as it turns out, Rasmussen was the real turkey after all, but on the other hand, the opposite may be likely to happen, as well, namely no apology at all. If nothing else, I'm already more likely to see Turkey as an emerging leader for the Islamic world, but Turkey may not be the only country watching Rasmussen's statements.:

Kim's Targets

The enemies of freedom already see Obama as laughably weak, so we really can't afford any apologies for defending this idea, can we?

Kate

Banned
I'm also assuming that the scare over North Koreas missile program will soon below over. Japan also said they would shoot the rocket down if it flew over their territory, which they apparently didn't. Any news on the security council meeting?

ccangelopearl1362

Any news on the security council meeting?

Ed Morrissey's assessment may be more accurate, at least regarding the missile launch and the United Nations Security Council.:

NoKo missile, UN Security Council both duds
Rasmussen’s non-apology … non-apology

If nothing else, perhaps Rasmussen would've been better off sticking to defending freedom of speech -- and we would've been better off forgetting the United Nations completely. I do wonder why Rasmussen would cave now when he could have done so right in the middle of the Muhammad cartoon riots three years ago. As for North Korea, well, Kim Jong-Il will only need to be right once in order to cause catastrophic destruction. Since Stratfor has predicted that Turkey and Japan will be emerging countries in the (early) 21st century, these two stories might be even more important, right alongside Obama's speech to Turkey's parliament.:

REMARKS BY PRESIDENT OBAMA TO THE TURKISH PARLIAMENT
Does Turkey Still Belong in NATO?

Obama may be a bit behind in thinking through Turkey's Islamic resurgence, but he should have plenty of time to watch it happen. Perhaps eerily enough, however, it turns out that Turkey has been siding with Iran against Egypt and Saudi Arabia, thereby revealing what Daniel Pipes has called an emerging "Middle Eastern cold war". No doubt many of us here see the story, but I can't resist being curious about the story behind the story with these geopolitical shifts.

I would love what ever you are smoking, or what ever blinders you have on to make you think this Presidency is anything but a disaster.
It's just not just me, it's an overwhelming majority of Democrats, Independents, and the American people in general who approve of Obama and think he is doing a good job. The Republicans are the one who think he is doing a bad job.

Yep and with the Stimulus money still in the banks. You know it could be that...Gasp the economy would have fixed itself all by itself? Of course Obama in all his stupidity is setting us up for a massive set of inflation followed by another depression.
Yet, the money has already begun to be distributed...and the chances of a depression happening because of the scenario is slim to none.

Wait till around 2011 when all the banks decide to pull the money that the Government gave them all at the same time. Massive Inflation with a horrible debt. But hey Carlisle thinks Obama is doing a great job as he sends our country spiraling into a crash.
..and the chances of a depression happening because of the scenario is slim to none.

Done inside of the courts where it shouldn't have been done. You have just given Iowa a Religious Conservative during the Republican Primary. Hope you don't mind Sarah Palin for President in 2013.
People shouldn't vote on equal rights. Vermont today also legalized gay marriage, and it's likely that Connecticut will, too. It's actually helpful for our economy, and it's the best time to legalize it while no one is paying attention. Two, the chances of Sarah Palin becoming our president at her current status is less than one percent. She hasn't done anything worthwhile yet, she's still viewed as an idiot, and she won't be able to grab a single Democrat or Independent until she starts doing major work.

Not any time soon.
But it will be during his first term.

And Florida becomes solidly Red for the next ten years if not more. Are Democrats trying to lose in 2010 and 2012?
Cuba being free to travel to shouldn't be a red or blue issue, it should be something that we are allowed to travel to. Once the economy picks up more, the ability to travel to Cuba will spark curiousity for those who can afford plane tickets, and they'll want to go there. That helps the airline industry...

It’s 3 am… the phone is ringing...
And we have nothing to worry about, considering North Korea isn't ever going to do anything.

BigLutz

Banned
It's just not just me, it's an overwhelming majority of Democrats, Independents, and the American people in general who approve of Obama and think he is doing a good job. The Republicans are the one who think he is doing a bad job.

Current polls only have him at 59% or lower. Some even lower than Bush at the same time in his Presidency. Besides you know just as well as I do that he has been slipping for months, and that a Honnymoon Approval Rating isn't reflective of him doing a good job.

Yet, the money has already begun to be distributed...and the chances of a depression happening because of the scenario is slim to none.

The money has barely left the bank, the institutions in the Government are still trying to figure out what to do with it. Alot of it won't even be used this entire year! Because of the massive influx of cash and their inability of being able to do anything with it. So please lets put away with this childish act that the Stimulus money has ANYTHING to do with what has happened in the past month.

As for the chances of a depression happening, you are right slim to none. But by doing that you have raised the chances of inflation happening to nearly 100%. And the only way out of inflation is another recession.

Congratulations you have set us on a path for 4 more years of economic hardship because your man could not wait and see if the economy would fix itself.

Then again we still are not out of this Recession. We are still bleeding jobs horribly, some sectors are beginning to turn up but that isn't a sign we hit bottom yet or a guarantee that they may remain that way. In the end with as much bureaucracy and red tape needed to make the stimulus work it may have absolutely little to no effect.

And of course no matter what, we are on the collision course for massive inflation.

..and the chances of a depression happening because of the scenario is slim to none.

Carlisle you are smart I do not even have to ask if you are able to read the damn thing. I said inflation, not depression. To be honest the word would be "Hyper Inflation" if you do not know the difference I would suggest Wikipedia.

People shouldn't vote on equal rights.

Courts shouldn't legislate rights not given in the Constitution.

Vermont today also legalized gay marriage, and it's likely that Connecticut will, too. It's actually helpful for our economy, and it's the best time to legalize it while no one is paying attention.

Helpful to our economy? You are kidding right? We need to be honest here and not engage in the same intellectual stupidity as seen in the American Economy thread, where the argument that marijuana should be legalized because it would help the economy is

Two, the chances of Sarah Palin becoming our president at her current status is less than one percent. She hasn't done anything worthwhile yet, she's still viewed as an idiot, and she won't be able to grab a single Democrat or Independent until she starts doing major work.

Well lets be honest here, the person that wins Iowa gets a major leap forward in the primary. Since Iowa is solidly Christian Conservative the two Christian Conservatives to win would either be Huckabee or Palin.

That being said the economy is going to be in the tank in 2011 because of inflation caused by Obama. So that gives the lead to Romney. Problem is Obama in his infinite STUPIDITY is cutting Missile Defense Funding just as North Korea launches a rocket that can reach Alaska. Palin gets to campaign on the fact that Obama is endangering her state and seem Hawkish while getting the Religious Conservatives.

As for Independents and Democrats, things are looking so bad for 2011, nearly anyone put up could probably beat Obama right now. Especially since he will have to run on his record and not just the Teleprompter.

But it will be during his first term.

Possibly, I could see it if he knows that he hasn't a chance in hell to win re-election. If not I doubt he will do it while we are at war.

Cuba being free to travel to shouldn't be a red or blue issue, it should be something that we are allowed to travel to. Once the economy picks up more, the ability to travel to Cuba will spark curiousity for those who can afford plane tickets, and they'll want to go there. That helps the airline industry...

In Florida there are millions upon millions of Cuban Refugees who have legalized into the US, and who absolutely Hate Castro and the Cuban Government. A Democrat President doing anything to help Cuba is going to swing that state FAR Right. Question is, can you guys afford it in a election. My guess is no.

And we have nothing to worry about, considering North Korea isn't ever going to do anything.

"We have nothing to worry about, considering Afghanistan isn't ever going to do anything"

"We have nothing to worry about, considering Nazi Germany isn't ever going to do anything"

You have a mad man, a certified nut who has missiles that could potentially reach two states. Do you want to risk the lives of millions of people, on the off chance he is not as psychotic as we think he is? History tends to not be on your side with these things.

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

In Istanbul, Rasmussen Does Not Apologize for Mohammed Cartoon Controversy
Sweet: Palin hits Obama on missile-defense cuts

No need to worry. Both developments can work for me. If you ask me, I've seen more than enough groveling and scraping regarding freedom to last me a lifetime, so Rasmussen and Palin's statements might most likely be refreshing. Unfortunately, certain American politicians may not be done trying to curry favor with dictators yet, and this particular dictator lives... 90 miles south of Florida.:

U.S. Lawmakers Meet With Castros, Push for New Policy on Cuba

The Cuban Missile Crisis was almost apocalyptic already, so I seriously doubt that we need -- or can afford -- another display of American weakness in the 21st century. A tyrant is bad enough, but a tyrant with nuclear weapons and a death wish will be far, far worse.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
You have a mad man, a certified nut who has missiles that could potentially reach two states. Do you want to risk the lives of millions of people, on the off chance he is not as psychotic as we think he is? History tends to not be on your side with these things.
Yea lets wage war on china too, we cant wait till they make the fisrt move. Lives are dipsenable, ya know? You should join the military big lutz. Then need more people willing to invade and waste lives and money on, well lives.

BigLutz

Banned
Yea lets wage war on china too,

Has nothing to do with my argument, China isn't ran by a psychotic mad man. Nor did I say we should wage war with North Korea. We do need to bulk up our counter measures in the Pacific in case they do launch at us.

we cant wait till they make the fisrt move.

Well for one it is spelled "First". Second China isn't test firing missiles in our direction.

Lives are dipsenable, ya know?

Again learn to spell, and I never said they were. But we do need a protection system if North Korea does begin to have a desire to knock off a few states.

You should join the military big lutz. Then need more people willing to invade and waste lives and money on, well lives.

It's spelled "They" not "Then". I would attack the rest of the sentence, but... well I think I would be better served just to use it as a example as to why not to do drugs.

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

Somali pirates seize American ship, crew
Iranians charge Saberi with espionage

The international tests just keep coming, and they're beginning to look frequent enough to be on a daily basis. Even I didn't predict that America's enemies would go this far this quickly, and what is President Obama doing now? He just invited one of my favorite emerging 21st century villains to the White House.:

President Obama Invites Ihsanoglu to visit the White House <-- (Note: The original link might not work right away, so you might need to dig a little deeper into the website to find the headline.)
Why said invitation is a horrendous idea (Bat Yeor: "Geert Wilders and the Fight for Europe")
Why said invitation is a horrendous idea (Gates of Vienna: "Confronting Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu")

I can only conclude that Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu's deceit requires the total annihilation of freedom and truth -- however fast or slow said annihilation is -- in order to survive, right alongside Kim Jong-Il's megalomania. In their own separate ways, Ihsanoglu and Kim seek submission with no questions at all, and consequently, they want America brought to its knees. Barack Obama's presidency of revenge can only accelerate this trend, and if I were an advisor in either the Organization of the Islamic Conference or the Korean People's Army, I might very well be amazed at how laughably weak the new President of America has demonstrated himself to be. May God bless and watch over America -- now more than ever.

Last edited:

Kate

Banned

Where did you get this from? Obama's approval rating have gone down with democrats, independents, and republicans.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MTAyZGE5NzhlNjYxNThhNTdkM2M1ODhjYmU2MjEyMGM=

You only pointed out what's already apparent, or common sense. Democrats usually do show high support if they have a democratic president in office, independents are usually in the middle leaning towards democratic, and the Republicans usually won't be on par with a democratic president. To make an actual point regarding approval rating is if you base it on the action he's taken in office, and not general popularity. And if you look at the current polls, since taking office his approval ratings have gone down with all three. Which does reflect that the American people are unsatisfied with the work he's done as president.

Inflation is not depression. If you are claiming that inflation will not happen, then that's simply and inherently wrong. For the stimulus packages to even be feasible it requires the government to make more money, more money leads to greater inflation. This is elementary economics. I understand the theory behind stimulus packages, but not unless they work in reality. The Bush administration approved two stimulus packages in case anyone has forgotten, and a gross financial bailout. Billions of the dollars that the Bush administration passed have still yet to be circulated. If one knows how to put two and two together, we find that that stimuls packages aren't working. Maybe in a different economic situation, but not this qaugmire.

..and the chances of a depression happening because of the scenario is slim to none.[/SIZE
]

No one brought up a depression.

People shouldn't vote on equal rights. Vermont today also legalized gay marriage, and it's likely that Connecticut will, too. It's actually helpful for our economy, and it's the best time to legalize it while no one is paying attention. Two, the chances of Sarah Palin becoming our president at her current status is less than one percent. She hasn't done anything worthwhile yet, she's still viewed as an idiot, and she won't be able to grab a single Democrat or Independent until she starts doing major work.

How specifically is it helpful to our economy by any stretch of the imagination?

No we shouldn't. The embargo was put in place for a reason. If you really want to travel to Cuba that badly, you can go to Mexico and travel from there. The 32-year-old embargo may be bearing fruit. Five years after losing the financial patronage of the former Soviet Union, Fidel Castro's communist regime is facing severe shortages and growing popular discontent. Cuba's economy has shrunk by more than half since 1989, the black market is more dynamic than the formal command economy controlled by the state, and Fidel Castro's efforts to build a huge tourism industry and attract billions of dollars in new foreign investments have proved dismal failures. I'ts the clear that the regime is in trouble when thousands of Cubans rioted in Havana, and by the subsequent flight to sea of more than 30,000 Cubans. Another indication that Castro's grip on power is slipping is the increased repression of organized dissident groups by Cuban security forces.

Yes. I think we should all cross our fingers and hope that he'll be a good little megalomaniac dictator.

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

Surprise: New Gallup poll shows support for gun control at historic low

So much for gun control in the meantime. According to Gallup, the long-term trend is away from the issue -- which presumably means that more Americans opine that there should not be a law banning handgun possession. Ironically, Obama's election might not have had much effect at all, but I can only wonder what will happen if Obama decides to try implementing this.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, this forum never loads anymore for me after the release of Platinum. :/

Current polls only have him at 59% or lower. Some even lower than Bush at the same time in his Presidency. Besides you know just as well as I do that he has been slipping for months, and that a Honeymoon Approval Rating isn't reflective of him doing a good job.
That is true that his approval rating has dropped, but a large portion of it is the "Honeymoon" phase coming to an end, and a massive decrease in support from Republicans.

Carlisle you are smart I do not even have to ask if you are able to read the damn thing. I said inflation, not depression. To be honest the word would be "Hyper Inflation" if you do not know the difference I would suggest Wikipedia.
Actually, I'm embarrassed to say I did read it as depression, not inflation. Inflation will happen if Obama's plans fail. Yes, if we keep spending and buying and spending and buying, we will result in hyper inflation. However, if we can get people working again and start buying, that can be prevented.

Courts shouldn't legislate rights not given in the Constitution
So interracial marriages should have stayed banned and segregation should have been allowed to continue? Gay marriage is the interracial marriage of 50 years ago, there's no difference between it now other than gender.

Helpful to our economy? You are kidding right? We need to be honest here and not engage in the same intellectual stupidity as seen in the American Economy thread, where the argument that marijuana should be legalized because it would help the economy is
Key word: Helpful. It's not a massive helpful. The legalizing of gay marriage boosts tourism and sales in the marriage industry. No, it doesn't make a massive difference. However, if you or your family was in the marriage business or wedding dress business, etc. I'm pretty sure any extra money and business you can get is very much appreciated.

Well lets be honest here, the person that wins Iowa gets a major leap forward in the primary. Since Iowa is solidly Christian Conservative the two Christian Conservatives to win would either be Huckabee or Palin.
To win what? Iowa in the primaries, or the primary season? Or Iowa in the General Election? The chances of Huckabee winning Iowa again is minimal, and him winning the primary season is impossible. Honestly, if you guys elected him as the Republican nominee, you'd win about ten states. And that's if you're lucky.

That being said the economy is going to be in the tank in 2011 because of inflation caused by Obama. So that gives the lead to Romney. Problem is Obama in his infinite STUPIDITY is cutting Missile Defense Funding just as North Korea launches a rocket that can reach Alaska. Palin gets to campaign on the fact that Obama is endangering her state and seem Hawkish while getting the Religious Conservatives.
Well, we'll just have to see how things are in 2011, won't we? I'm not going to make predictions on how the economy is going to go until this summer draws to a close and so does this year. Also, I doubt anyone is going to listen to Palin whine about Alaska. Two, she's going to get the religious Conservatives, anyway.

In Florida there are millions upon millions of Cuban Refugees who have legalized into the US, and who absolutely Hate Castro and the Cuban Government. A Democrat President doing anything to help Cuba is going to swing that state FAR Right. Question is, can you guys afford it in a election. My guess is no.
My guess, yes. CNN has released a poll that shows most Americans favor travel to Cuba. It shouldn't be a political issue, I don't want a president who is going to restrict travel somewhere or allow travel depending on how many votes he is going to get. This ban on travel to Cuba has done nothing, has solved nothing, and it will continue to do that. There are other ways to pressure Cuba other than saying, "Lolz we won't let our people travel here." And if we lose Florida in the next election, it's not going to make a difference. We would have one this past election easily with or without Florida. It was just a bonus.

"We have nothing to worry about, considering Afghanistan isn't ever going to do anything"

"We have nothing to worry about, considering Nazi Germany isn't ever going to do anything"

Al-Qaeda is what we have to worry about, since they have the strong hold in Afghanistan. Nazi Germany had power, resources, allies, etc. Al-Qaeda has the same. North Korea, however, has no allies unless you count the natural resources they get from China. They don't have the technology, the allies, or even the resources to feed their own people. They don't have an intelligent leader who can gain and spread power like Hitler, they don't have anything. If they dared to start a war, America and Japan would be able to stop it easily, barring China and Russian don't get involved. Which again, that is why it is important to have good relationships with China and Russia.

ccangelopearl1362

Captain Phillips freed, 3 pirates killed

(laughing triumphantly) Thank Jesus Christ for the United States Navy. I might very well have enjoyed being there when those criminals were taken out, and now, a very happy Easter awaits Richard Phillips, his family, and the crew of the Maersk Alabama. This is how to deal with jihad pirates off Somalia's coast, one small piece of good news for those who favor freedom over submission.

BigLutz

Banned
Sorry for taking so long to reply, this forum never loads anymore for me after the release of Platinum. :/

Heh same here, infact I have it on right now!

That is true that his approval rating has dropped, but a large portion of it is the "Honeymoon" phase coming to an end, and a massive decrease in support from Republicans.

His Honeymoon period still has a bit to go. The Public doesn't have the stomach to go through another hated President so they are going to give him alot of leeway. As for Republicans, Obama dug his own grave in the past few months with that.

Actually, I'm embarrassed to say I did read it as depression, not inflation. Inflation will happen if Obama's plans fail. Yes, if we keep spending and buying and spending and buying, we will result in hyper inflation. However, if we can get people working again and start buying, that can be prevented.

It has nothing to do with the public or Obama's plan, its already written. It deals alot with the banks, we have given them trillions of dollars through various bail outs, and they have all of these trillions sitting in a metaphoric warehouse. Now in the next two years the economy is going to recover enough that they will want to pull that money out. When they will there is going to be a sudden influx of trillions of dollars into a already rebounded system. Thus bringing about Hyper Inflation.

Now there are other ways to bring it about as well. China has stopped buying bonds in Germany, and Britain is struggling to sell their's. We will be next and the Democrats are going on a spending spree. At some point China will stop buying bonds as they did in Germany and as they are doing in Britain. We will have no choice but have the treasury buy the bonds to pay for some Obama Stupidity like Universal Healthcare. And that will be the beginning of inflation.

So interracial marriages should have stayed banned and segregation should have been allowed to continue? Gay marriage is the interracial marriage of 50 years ago, there's no difference between it now other than gender.

Yes because the public would have eventually come around. Now by the same token by your belief we should allow judges to legalize Pedophillic Marriages, we should allow judges to legalize Incestrial Marriages, we should allow judges to legalize Bestial Marriages. We should allow judges to legalize pollimic *sp * marriages. All of these are technically people's rights.

Key word: Helpful. It's not a massive helpful. The legalizing of gay marriage boosts tourism and sales in the marriage industry. No, it doesn't make a massive difference. However, if you or your family was in the marriage business or wedding dress business, etc. I'm pretty sure any extra money and business you can get is very much appreciated.

Thing is that Gay People can hold their own ceremony. No one is stopping them from holding it at a private house, or at a willing church or anywhere. They would not have state papers but that doesn't stop them from buying dresses or anything else.

Thing is the Marriage industry isn't something this country, or even a state, or even a city relies on. To say that it would even be helpful to a economy is dishonest. Because the truth is, is that it would not make a difference.

To win what? Iowa in the primaries, or the primary season? Or Iowa in the General Election? The chances of Huckabee winning Iowa again is minimal, and him winning the primary season is impossible. Honestly, if you guys elected him as the Republican nominee, you'd win about ten states. And that's if you're lucky.

The same could be said about the disaster that was John McCain. Anyway I was talking about the Republican Primaries. Iowa as I have said is a very religious state, and this law is just fodder to religious conservatives like Huckabee and Palin.

Well, we'll just have to see how things are in 2011, won't we? I'm not going to make predictions on how the economy is going to go until this summer draws to a close and so does this year. Also, I doubt anyone is going to listen to Palin whine about Alaska. Two, she's going to get the religious Conservatives, anyway.

Yes she will probably get Religious Conservatives. But mind you Obama has placed a heavy spot light on her and her state by decreasing Missile funding, and North Korea being within range of it. She is going to use that for all it's worth and it will probably gain a sympathetic ear.

My guess, yes. CNN has released a poll that shows most Americans favor travel to Cuba. It shouldn't be a political issue, I don't want a president who is going to restrict travel somewhere or allow travel depending on how many votes he is going to get. This ban on travel to Cuba has done nothing, has solved nothing, and it will continue to do that. There are other ways to pressure Cuba other than saying, "Lolz we won't let our people travel here." And if we lose Florida in the next election, it's not going to make a difference. We would have one this past election easily with or without Florida. It was just a bonus.

Yes but mind you this next election will be much closer. Obama won easily because he didn't have a record to stand on and people were mindless idiots in following him but not paying attention to what he was saying. He cannot repeat that again. Losing Florida can be major.

As for Cuba and if we should just be giving money directly to Castro, that is a separate issue.

Al-Qaeda is what we have to worry about, since they have the strong hold in Afghanistan. Nazi Germany had power, resources, allies, etc. Al-Qaeda has the same.

Technologically speaking North Korea is much MUCH stronger than Al-Qaeda. And by turning a blind eye to the psychotic behavior of their leader, and the capabilities they possess, you are making the same mistakes the US did by turning a blind eye to Bin Laden.

North Korea, however, has no allies unless you count the natural resources they get from China. They don't have the technology, the allies, or even the resources to feed their own people.

Because they dump everything they have into Military spending. They have the technology you are wrong about that, and they do have some friends in the Mid East, or at least trading partners that include Syria and Iran.

They don't have an intelligent leader who can gain and spread power like Hitler, they don't have anything.

Again you are wrong, they don't need a intelligent leader, Hitler wasn't some master mind, he was well liked to the point he had a fanatical following. And the rest of the world turned a blind eye. My point was never that North Korea could recreate Nazi Germany's success and take over Asia. My point is when you turn a blind eye to these nut jobs the body count begins to rise VERY fast. And that is a fact.

If they dared to start a war, America and Japan would be able to stop it easily, barring China and Russian don't get involved.

Funny I believe we said the EXACT same thing about Bin Laden around 1999?

Which again, that is why it is important to have good relationships with China and Russia.

Ahh I see you are dreaming again. We will never really have good relationships with China and Russia for two reasons. A: We are not heavily Leftist/Socialists. Both China and Russia have those types of ideologies from a communist past, it is a shared bonding and that leads to a shared hatred of capitalism. Now if we were to change our economic system to be more in line with theirs then we could gain a relationship but that also leads to point B.

B: We are also the other big nation on the block. Granted Russia thinks its big when it really isn't. But both countries have grown to have a mutual hatred of America for our size, power, and influence in the world, which dates back to the Cold War days. Only way you can change that is by allowing them to be the lead dogs in the world and we neglect ourselves to second or third place. Which would be pretty disastrous for the entire world.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
BigLutz said:
Yes because the public would have eventually come around.
Yeah, like 20 years later. >_>

You say you are for people's rights and I respect that, but it's contradictory because marriage is a right in itself.

No matter what side you're on, technically you'll always be against the people's rights, so you may as well be for the rights that actually mean something.

BigLutz

Banned
Yeah, like 20 years later. >_>

Yes, but it would have been done the right way.

You say you are for people's rights and I respect that, but it's contradictory because marriage is a right in itself.

A: No it isn't, no where in the constitution, bill of rights, or any other founding document is marriage a right.

B: Gays can still get married under the letter of the law they just have to marry a woman. It isn't as if they have some kind of physical trait that shows that they are gay and thus cannot marry anyone.

C: Marriage rights in this country have ALWAYS been restrictive. From Mormons, to Incest, to a million other types of sexual differences that go outside the normal one man one woman. I do not see anyone sticking up for their rights. That is if Marriage is a right as you say.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't care if Gays marry or not. But that doesn't mean I am for seeing it brought about in a manner that goes against the very founding structure of the court system. Or for it to be a made up right when it isn't.

ccangelopearl1362

We will never really have good relationships with China and Russia for two reasons. A: We are not heavily Leftist/Socialists. Both China and Russia have those types of ideologies from a communist past, it is a shared bonding and that leads to a shared hatred of capitalism. Now if we were to change our economic system to be more in line with theirs then we could gain a relationship but that also leads to point B.

B: We are also the other big nation on the block. Granted Russia thinks its big when it really isn't. But both countries have grown to have a mutual hatred of America for our size, power, and influence in the world, which dates back to the Cold War days. Only way you can change that is by allowing them to be the lead dogs in the world and we neglect ourselves to second or third place. Which would be pretty disastrous for the entire world.

Ah, yes. Russia and China. Even at this point, I admittedly have no idea which scenario disturbs me more: the collapse of America, or the collapse of everybody else after America. Already has Obama bowed before, of all monarchs, Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz Al-Saud, and Obama might have a new headache to deal with later this week. (See my new "Tea Parties for Tax Day" thread for more information.) Maybe all we need is some group of Islamic terrorists from somewhere to attack America, and Obama's weakness will be complete. Those Somali pirates might not qualify as strongly after the release of Captain Richard Phillips, but I wouldn't doubt that the other major powers of the world -- from Brazil to Turkey to China -- harbor at least some jealousy toward the United States. Soviet communism may be gone, but civilizational conflict has taken its place, especially international jihadism. It's a good thing that Pope Benedict XVI has decided to encourage some real hope and change for the world, so that all can know what genuine virtue is. If Benedict can still favor one-man, one-woman marriage and designate abortion as murder to preserve the family, then I'll be happy to support him.