• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For all things relative to politics.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Can't we just say new topic:
What do you guys think President Bush is going to do after he leaves office?
I am going to miss the Talk Shows making fun of his speeches.

About the Iraq topic, slow and steady wins the race.... So I guess, if we start leaving Iraq, then we have to pull out cautiously. I wonder how long it will take until the American military is out of there.

"Hello fellow Iraqis, I am proud to be your dictator..."

crobatman

I can see it happening already! Another Saddam Hussein will take over the poor civilians. I am not saying we should pull out of Iraq yet. I just think that is going to be the majority parties decision. We have Dems all over congress, and soon the executive branch.
I do not believe this mid-east crisis will be solved for a long, long time.

ironknight42

"I can see it happening already! Another Saddam Hussein"
they got Saddams laying around over there who knew
"I do not believe this mid-east crisis will be solved for a long, long time."
that is a certain fact my friend

Nikkolas

Politics is disgusting. Anyone involved in politics is disgusting.
"Waaahhh! Obama won!! I sure hope he ****s up and screws up the country so we Republicans can get back in office!"
"Wahh! I sure hope this new Republican official screws up so we Democrats can get back in office!"

And if people lose jobs and suffer because of these screwings up, it's all the better.

It's sick and twisted to see all the people here, and elsewhere, frothing at the mouth and hoping Obama is terrible. This country really is a disgrace a lot of the time.

EDIT:
In case you're wondering, I don't hate America. I find the politcs of any country repulsive. As they say, same sh*t, different shovel.

Last edited:

ironknight42

"Politics is disgusting. Anyone involved in politics is disgusting.
"Waaahhh! Obama won!! I sure hope he ****s up and screws up the country so we Republicans can get back in office!"
"Wahh! I sure hope this new Republican official screws up so we Democrats can get back in office!""
well with that attitude you won't ever get very far in improving your country...it is important to be active in politics so you can make an accurate choice of who should best lead your country

HoennMaster

These days it is hard to know. Attack ads are there left and right and you never know the full story until action is actually taken.

Right now Iraq is incredibly safe, Al Qaeda in Iraq is in ruins, Iran is taking a wait and see approach, and US deaths in Iraq are at the lowest point possibly ever. But then again you wouldn't see that on the news.

George Bush basically handed Obama a victory in Iraq. All he has to do is sit on his butt and let the Generals pull out in how they see fit. Lets see if he screws that simple job up and messes up the victory that Bush, McCain, and Petraeus gave him.

Isn't that the truth.

Bobby Frank JR

Mewy Christmas!
"Politics is disgusting. Anyone involved in politics is disgusting.
"Wahh! I sure hope this new Republican official screws up so we Democrats can get back in office!""
well with that attitude you won't ever get very far in improving your country...it is important to be active in politics so you can make an accurate choice of who should best lead your country

Lol, politics is stuffed up. And politics stuffs up everything... *Sigh* I'm never gonna be a politian...

Nikkolas

How does one improve their country? The Democrats and Republicans both want to improve this country but they're obviously doing it in different ways.
Which is the right way? Kinda like asking which is the right religion as far as I'm concerned.

Look at it this way. If someone tries to say Bush was a terrible president, Neo-Cons will say it was reallY Clinton's fault. If Obama bombs, Democrats will say it's Bush's fault.

Why try to get involved in an argument with no end? Where the simplest questions have different answers depending on the people you talk to?

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Right now Iraq is incredibly safe, Al Qaeda in Iraq is in ruins, Iran is taking a wait and see approach, and US deaths in Iraq are at the lowest point possibly ever. But then again you wouldn't see that on the news.

George Bush basically handed Obama a victory in Iraq. All he has to do is sit on his butt and let the Generals pull out in how they see fit. Lets see if he screws that simple job up and messes up the victory that Bush, McCain, and Petraeus gave him.

He has not yet handed Obama a victory, but will hand it off in two months. In that two month period, is a pull-out feasible? If so, will it be done before Obama gets in, or is this George Bush saying "Welcome to the occupation" to Obama? I can see the Republicans giving Obama a challenge right off the bat, because I highly doubt the Republicans trust Obama 100% with this country just yet. ("Inexperienced" will likely be the word still tossed around for a bit.)

randomspot555

Honestly, I don't think Obama is going to pull out as quickly as he's said in the past or as quickly as more liberal and libertarian minded people think he will. Now, is that going to come about due to national security issues that information is only given to the POTUS and thus a change of heart, or due to political pressure from some Democrats and Republic or some other sort of political pressure, will be a mystery, at least for a while.

BigLutz

Banned
He has not yet handed Obama a victory, but will hand it off in two months. In that two month period, is a pull-out feasible? If so, will it be done before Obama gets in, or is this George Bush saying "Welcome to the occupation" to Obama? I can see the Republicans giving Obama a challenge right off the bat, because I highly doubt the Republicans trust Obama 100% with this country just yet. ("Inexperienced" will likely be the word still tossed around for a bit.)

We must have a difference of opinion on what "Victory" means. Basically right now Al Qaeda is defeated in Iraq, and Iran has pulled back it's efforts to cause any damage. That in and of itself should be considered a victory. If you think a full pull out is a victory, then barring any disaster, that would happen when Iraq is fully able to govern itself. Pulling out before hand would be a disaster and be a loss, but the loss would be because of Obama pulling out before the time was right, not because of George Bush of anyone else.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
We must have a difference of opinion on what "Victory" means. Basically right now Al Qaeda is defeated in Iraq, and Iran has pulled back it's efforts to cause any damage. That in and of itself should be considered a victory.

But don't we have to pull out, anyway? Otherwise, it's not really over... right?

If you think a full pull out is a victory, then barring any disaster, that would happen when Iraq is fully able to govern itself. Pulling out before hand would be a disaster and be a loss, but the loss would be because of Obama pulling out before the time was right, not because of George Bush of anyone else.

Well, it will be Obama's fault, if Obama does it. If Bush does it (which I don't see, but...), then wouldn't it be his fault?

Ah well... this is a bit of a theory-driven thing, anyway.

But don't we have to pull out, anyway? Otherwise, it's not really over... right?

havent you ever heard the phrase "keep your friends close and your enemys closer?" while we proabably will do a large scale pull out in the future were proably still gonna have troops there for a long time afterwards. so that al quada or another terrorist group wont come back to power

BigLutz

Banned

Depends on your view of what "over" really is. Is World War 2 over? We still have troops in Germany and Japan, we still have bases there, but the war is effectively over. Right now most of our troops are providing support operations and very few are actually leading operations now. I wouldn't say the war is 'over' but it is very close to being.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
*Throws gauntlet in*

Last time I checked, we don't have over a 100,000 troops in Germany or Japan, they aren't engaged in any action regarding the governance of Germany or Japan, and we are there at the leisure of Germany and Japan. The reason those bases were put there was to have resources at the edge of the Soviet sphere of influence. None of that is the case in Iraq.

So you're comparison fails.

Actually, the war is over and has been over for years. What we have been fighting is the occupation. You don't win an occupation, you end it on preferably a good note. Now would be as good a time as any to start handing over the country to the Iraqis. And considering Iraq's ability to do what is asked of it, I don't think we have to really worry about them.

BigLutz

Banned
Last time I checked, we don't have over a 100,000 troops in Germany or Japan, they aren't engaged in any action regarding the governance of Germany or Japan, and we are there at the leisure of Germany and Japan. The reason those bases were put there was to have resources at the edge of the Soviet sphere of influence. None of that is the case in Iraq.

Well lets see, most if not almost all of our troops are not engaged in any action regarding the governance of Iraq, since the Iraqi Military is leading most combat operation and even controlling many areas of Iraq. We are there mainly in a Peace Keeping/Backing up position, many of the troops do not even see Military action over there. We are there at the pleasure of the Iraq Government, if they demanded we leave tomorrow we would leave. And the reasons we want bases there are to have resources at the edge of the Iranian Sphere of Influence on one side, and the Al Qaeda Sphere of influence in Syria on the other side. As for the number of troops, lets see how many troops we have in Iraq come 60 years from now.

Any idiot knows that if we have troops in Iraq on the same basis as we have troops in Germany and Japan, that the condition would be that they would not be in active combat. It is beyond stupidity to think anything different.

Actually, the war is over and has been over for years. What we have been fighting is the occupation. You don't win an occupation, you end it on preferably a good note. Now would be as good a time as any to start handing over the country to the Iraqis. And considering Iraq's ability to do what is asked of it, I don't think we have to really worry about them.

If you havn't noticed, since the peace brought by the Surge we have been handing over the country to the Iraqis. Infact just two months ago we handed over a fairly major area to the Iraqis in the form of Anbar Provence.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/middle_east/july-dec08/iraq_09-01.html

Infact 12 of 18 Provences are now within Iraqi control. I would say that is a pretty big success.

Last edited:

randomspot555

Sarah Palin's post interview with Greta Van...I can never spell her last name. But it was fairly tame. I'm not expecting wonders out of Matt Laugher either, but hopefully not every other question will be a soft ball.

Though I have to give Greta points on the location. It's basically Interviewing Someone 101 that you want to get an interview in an environment where the subject is most uncomfortable in. And that place is usually the home or office/work place. And the mistake almost every talk radio, print journalist, television journalist, pundit, and cable news commentator host does is they do interviews on their shows, in their studios, where they hold the power. O'Reilly and Chris Matthews and Joe Scarborough might be the nicest people in the world, but almost anyone would be intimidated by someone since you are on their turf.

Though I actually heard someone on Matthews, or O'Reilly, or Hannity/Colmes...I don't know, I get them all mixed up eventually. Anyway, I heard a guest say that Palin probably doesn't have much in the future as a national candidate. He went on to say he thinks it's best for her to finish out her term as governor, and then either run for a Senate seat, pick up a chair on the RNC, or start lobbying for a think tank. In Alaska, she's probably guaranteed a life time Senate seat if one is available after her 1-2 terms as governor. But she could exercise more influence by lobbying and speaking for the social conservatives that she represents, either as part of the RNC or as a lobbyist.

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Why are we supposedly making all this progress and handing over all this territory to the Iraqis and yet our troops are coming home or going to other places where they're more needed coughAfghanistancough? It makes is seem even more stupid to have our troops wasting their time and our resources doing nothing. Either we're winning and we can draw down our troops or we're not winning and they need to stay there. And don't give me the evil terrorists or Iranians will move in argument because then we might as well break down make Iraq a protectorate of the United States. You can't have your cake and eat it too.