• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For all things relative to politics.

BigLutz

Banned
Well I will say one thing that will hurt Palin is that she will be out of the national spot light for two years. That could be a good thing or bad thing as she will need to remake her image from being a ditz to the powerful political figure she actually is in Alaska. But I would think in late 2010 when eyes turn back to the Presidential Election after the mid terms, people are going to start going "Palin who?"

Anyway Chicago Tribune is reporting two sources have confirmed that Rahm Emanuel also had a number of conversations with Blagojevich's office, and gave a list to Blagojevich's office about which choices would be acceptable to Obama. The conversations may have even been caught on wire tape.

The question now becomes if there was a discussion of Quid Pro Quo and if so does Obama fire his Chief of Staff before the inauguration even takes place. I don't think I have to explain that firing Rahm would be politically deadly for the Obama Administration.

HoennMaster

Well, tomorrow the challenged ballots will begin to be examined in Minnesota. Hopefully they actually can declare a winner on Friday like they plan.

BigLutz

Banned
Finally.

So what do you think the chances are of Caroline Kennedy becoming the next Senator of New York?

Pretty good, she has the name power although the lack of political experience could hurt her. Oh and there was that thing where she campaigned with Obama against Hillary in the primaries.

HoennMaster

Yeah, kind of funny. I kind of think of this as driving the knife further into Hillary's back. I realize she has the right to seek the seat, but it is just ironic.

BigLutz

Banned
One name that has been thrown out is Chelsea Clinton. She may be young, but it could begin a great Political Career for her, and allow her mother to keep a foot in the door over in the Senate.

HoennMaster

I don't think Chelsea would be the best choice now. Plus, other then campaigning for her mom, has she shown any interest in a political career?

Edit: Al Franken's challenges have all been decided. Tomorrow they start on Norm Coleman's. Coleman has a 300+ lead at the moment.

Wow, Norm Colemon now has a 2 vote lead.

Last edited by a moderator:

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
Well, according to this, as of 3:02p.m., Franken's lead was 257.

Since I have no knowledge in recount politics, what happens should the race still be uncalled by Jan. 3, 2009 when the new congress meets?

BigLutz

Banned
On a unrelated topic to the Coleman vote.

Obama to Create Iran Outreach post

Basically Obama is making the combined mistakes of a regular incoming President AND a Naive Young Politician. Aka he is taking Bush's Year 1 Mistakes and combining them with Kennedy's Year 1 Mistakes. Yeah... this will end so well.

Well, according to this, as of 3:02p.m., Franken's lead was 257.

Since I have no knowledge in recount politics, what happens should the race still be uncalled by Jan. 3, 2009 when the new congress meets?
I see no reason for it to drag on into 2009. It seems likely that it'll be wrapped up in a few days. I'm pretty sure that they HAVE to have it completed before the 111th Congress goes to work January 3rd.

Lutz, the new Congress goes into work January 3rd. With such a huge Democratic majority, do you think the Democrats could cause some havoc for Bush his last few days?

BigLutz

Banned
I see no reason for it to drag on into 2009. It seems likely that it'll be wrapped up in a few days. I'm pretty sure that they HAVE to have it completed before the 111th Congress goes to work January 3rd.

Ahh but you forget that these people are basing their decisions strictly on the markings no extra challenges. Which is what will cause several wild swings in the next few days between the camps. Once that is finished then becomes the legal challenges on the ballots counted by the board that should not legally be counted.

Lutz, the new Congress goes into work January 3rd. With such a huge Democratic majority, do you think the Democrats could cause some havoc for Bush his last few days?

Ooo that is a good question. Maybe a attempt at impeachment or a go at some of the lower White House officials if it becomes clear Obama won't pursue any legal action against Bush. Which right now I would say is a huge possibility. Other than that, I would think that Bush has made alot of friends with Democrats during the bailout today, and that possible good will foundation could keep the last few days sane.

profpeanut

To move to a different country's government, should Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo still stay in power until the end of her term? I'm actually quite fine with it, but the recent Charter-Change incident has got me worrying.

BigLutz

Banned
Fox News put up a interesting article on some of the board decisions, including pictures of the ballots in question.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,470892,00.html

The primary problem isn’t the rules. The real problem is the lack of consistency. Take some of the ballots that only marked the oval for Coleman, but where the oval is also marked through with an “X.” The Canvassing Board determined that those marks meant those voters intended to support “other/no one.”

Yet, there are a number of cases where the exact same markings for Franken were decided by the Canvassing Board to result in votes for Franken

But to make the case even more strange, given this rule, what should the board decide when the oval is filled in for Coleman, but the Franken space is marked with an “X”? The board ruled that the vote is for Franken.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
Star Tribune has some of them too. You can also vote on unresolved ballots if you register or something like that.

What also needs to be put to rest is the relations between the Obama camp and Blagojevich. They don't seem to realize that the longer they try to deal with Blagojevich's actions, the longer Illinois's going to be represented by one senator.

Going back to Minnesota (but unrelated to the recount), why is the Democratic party known there as Democratic-Farmer-Labor?

BigLutz

Banned
Well it is Christmas Eve Eve, Dump day for the Obama Campaign it seems. The info dump by the Campaign came out today while the Internet remains swooning over a picture of a shirtless Obama. I take it everyone understands why they choose today as their dump day. Today, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will keep the public occupied with Christmas, and Saturday and Sunday is a wash since people don't follow the news on the weekends, by Monday it will be considered old news.

So what is in the dump? Well basically Emanuel contacted Blago twice, and the assistance about 4 times, once about him leaving his seat, and once about the appointment. And of course no inappropriate contact, and no contact by Obama. Then again this is the findings of "Obama's Lawyer" so he could be OJ Simpson himself and his lawyer would come out and say he was innocent. It should also be noted that other sources have said that Emanuel talked to Blago and his staff up to 20 times.

One thing that is interesting is that Federal Prosecutors interviewed Obama and two top advisers, one of which is probably Emanuel last week. But again Christmas dump day so no one will hear about it.

Edit: One *** covering part seems to be on Page 3. In the explanation for why Valerie Jarrett was initially touted by CNN as Obama’s top choice and then suddenly untouted: According to the memo, Emanuel was confused about whether Obama wanted him to push any single candidate for the seat. It was he, supposedly, who took the initiative and recommended Jarrett to Blago, thinking Obama would want him to; only “later” did he learn that Obama didn’t want to express any preference beyond the short list.

Yeah.... the Secret Service possibly should look into Emanuel for the position of the "Man that steps in front of the Bullet"

Edit 2: Well Ho Ho Ho Marry Christmas Everyone, the UAW is saying **** you to the tax payers so that they can get their money and continue the toxic practices that destroyed the auto industry.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/12/24/uaw-to-taxpayers-you/

At this point the Federal Government has tried, they gave the Auto Companies a chance, to get the money if they reform and go along the line of the Japanese Companies. If the UAW refuses to let the Auto Companies cut off sending a full paycheck to every single freaking worker who has worked there in the past including bonuses. Then the companies deserve to die.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
Well it's been a bad year for the New York Times, Ad Revenue is dropping, Readership is dropping, and they have been exposed as the slime balls they are. What else could be left?

Oh maybe a 23 Million Dollar Law Suit

During the previous debates I referenced the hit piece by the New York Times as proof of their Anti McCain biasness. Now it looks like they will be paying dearly for it. I guess the question will be, how long till the New York Times asks for a bail out?