• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For Better or Worse

I've only made one of these threads here before, but it died out with no real criticism, and I think I really need some; I like some of my other banners, but I wonder if I make them right or not. So this thread is to help me fix my mistakes through any Photoshop banners I've made, that haven't been deleted yet.

Banners
WritingBanner.png

Orange.png

OkamiBanner.png

CloudStrifeBanner2.png

GrassPokemon.png

FanFicBanner.png

UniverseAvatar.png

GrassPokemonAvatar.png

FFMonsterAvatar.png

ContestAvatar.png

Comments & Constructive Criticism most appreciated.

Last edited:
29 views, but no posts?
Three new banners and my first attempt at a graphic animation. A simple SPAM-less post would be appreciated at the least.

Megaman.png

TWEWYBanner.png

DragonRiderBanner.png

MetroidBanner.png

CastlevaniaAvatar.gif

Last edited:

gtab x3

Your banners are very nicely done. I really like how you made the background match the pick, it looks nice Good work!

Your banners are very nicely done. I really like how you made the background match the pick, it looks nice Good work!

Thanks, but that's how banners are supposed to be.
Anyway, I worked with a realism image this time; and I also made it a vertical banner.

WolfVerticalBanner.png

ValentinesDayBanner.png

Last edited:

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Very nice. Although I have to say that some look a bit plain, I love the vertical/realism one. It makes me feel so mystical.

I've had no real criticism from any graphic makers (that I know of). WTF? I could have made so many mistakes and not have even known about them.
But anyway, I've begun working on Userbars once more, and with those, animations as well. I'm not the best at animations so they may not look too good.

Arceus-Banner.gif

Onox-Userbar.gif

Megaman-ZX-Userbar.gif

Final-Fantasy-Userbar.gif

Non-Animated

MarioUserbar.png

MetaKnightUserbar.png

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality

This is amazing! I really like how you blended it so well - it looks like it could be on a postcard!

Also, the What a wonderful world banner inspires me somehow.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
You've got some lovely work here. My favorite would be the Metroid banner. The lighting effects on it look really awesome.

If you're looking for critique, my suggestion would be to concentrate more on your text effects. Some of your text looks kinda lost in the background. Text Effects are a personal difficult of mine, so I know how hard it can be to get it to look just right.

Anyway, your art is wonderful, and I hope you keep up the good work.

This is amazing! I really like how you blended it so well - it looks like it could be on a postcard!

Also, the What a wonderful world banner inspires me somehow.

Thanks; I love wolves and when I had chosen that image to use, I decided to make a vertical banner out of it because of the wolf's stance.
The "It's a Wonderful World" banner is a "The World Ends With You" banner; I'm not that particularly fond of it, since during the time it was made, every other banner I had made looked good to me.

You've got some lovely work here. My favorite would be the Metroid banner. The lighting effects on it look really awesome.

If you're looking for critique, my suggestion would be to concentrate more on your text effects. Some of your text looks kinda lost in the background. Text Effects are a personal difficult of mine, so I know how hard it can be to get it to look just right.

Anyway, your art is wonderful, and I hope you keep up the good work.

Another person that likes a banner that I'm not too fond of; I made a few days after the Megaman one, so the idea's nearly the same, just with Samus instead of Megaman--and flipped the other way. I was trying to find some new things to do with that banner, but I had exhausted them all on the first.
Thanks, and I know my text is weak. That's where I fail on banners--I'm considering nothing but simple text with maybe a drop shadow or glow and that's it. But that's boring and I don't like boring. I'll keep working on the text.

New Banners, whee...the last two were for a fic that I was going to write for here--I learned that I actually couldn't (doesn't portray to some sort of media), so here are the banners.

ShopHeaderBanner.png

SpriteBannerRequest.png

FanFicBanner-1.png

FanFicBanner2.png

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Wow, the first tw have managed to put too many colours together, especially the first with the text, but the last two are gorgeous, that work well with each other and the dragons are nice stock

Wow, the first tw have managed to put too many colours together, especially the first with the text, but the last two are gorgeous, that work well with each other and the dragons are nice stock

Thanks. I didn't like the first "Gradient Wings" banner, but I do the second. The first banner is intended to be colorful without overdoing it.

Anyway, new banners, whee...the first is a request from the only requester in my shop (who never even uses the images); the second image is Metal Slug (because I want Metal Slug 7 now); the third image is a banner I tried to experiment with (I still have this good banner, bad banner, good banner thing going on); and the last is for a Castlevania Fan Fic that I may consider writing; it's just whether I choose to write that and show my work here, or if I write Gradient Wings and show friends and family (or not at all).

PikachuAvatar.png

MetalSlugBanner.png

EragonBanner.png

CastlevaniaFicBanner.png

.:Lemon Tea:.

Crystallized decay
I really liked the Valentine's Day banner. Just wondering, but where do you download your brushes?

I really liked the Valentine's Day banner. Just wondering, but where do you download your brushes?

Just DeviantArt. I can get links to other sites, but I don't know enough about them to navigate and find brushes to download, so I just don't use sites other than DeviantArt, though I might explore a bit but never find anything.