• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For Everything a Season...

Ash_Junior

Irredeemable Nerd
Okay, so I'm starting over in a brand new continuity, ignoring the 10 or so years of stuff I've done so far in my previous continuity. This one-shot kicks everthing off. At the moment, I plan on doing 4 stories from this, each one named after a different season.

This One-shot is set ten years or so after a story I'm gonna do--The Summer of Pokemon, which will be the story of these five travelling together.

The other three stories will be a trilogy, mainly detailing major wars. The first one, The Fall of Johto, will be coming very soon, and will take place not long after this oneshot. I don't want to give out the names of the others, but they're all reactionary to the Fall of Johto. Only that their names will contain the words "Winter" for the second of the trilogy and "Spring(s)" for the last of the trilogy.

I really didn't want to start off a new continuity without a springboard, and that's exactly what this is.

This One-shot is ten years pre-RBY, just to get everything clear. well, ten years, 7 or so months.

I have 5 main characters I'm gonna follow in this continuity, and their families.

Oh, and I don't plan on saying who Delia's husband is. That's left (IMHO deliberately) open-ended in the anime, and I plan to do the same.

Delia Ketchum
Samuel J. Oak
Cyrus Winters
Anthony "Tony" Giovanni
Agatha Fraley

To those of you who've read my war stories before, you know what you're getting yourself into. For those of you who haven't--fasten your seatbelts, make sure your tray tables are in the upright and locked position, and have a nice ride...see you next Fall of Johto.

+++++
+++++

In their favorite booth in the back of the Charmander's Bar and Grill, the five friends sat, laughing and talking. It had been a long time since their laughter had been heard in Charmander's, and many people glared at them.

But the five friends didn't mind. This had been their hangout, back in the day. And they were here for their Twentieth reunion.

“Here's to your graduation, Samuel!” a woman with jet-black hair said, raising a glass of champagne. She was older than the rest of the group, but was by far the favorite. Agatha Fraley had been their mentor, their teacher, and their closest friend throughout their journeys.

As the rest of the group laughed and clinked their glasses together, Agatha paused and took in the moment. Most of them had been on the road for twenty long years, although she herself had been on her Pokemon journey for far longer. But she had never enjoyed herself quite as much as she had in the years with her four friends. Of course, for the last eight years, Samuel hadn't been with them, since he'd been studying to become a Pokemon Professor. But the group and he had exchanged gifts weekly, and letters more times than that.

Agatha looked over at Samuel Jonathan Oak, sitting across the booth from her. He had been the wild man of the group when the original four had set out. He had come from a very repressed background, and had gone overboard with all the freedom he found on the open road. It had taken a while, but he had calmed down. He had left the group to follow his dream of becoming a Pokemon Tech Professor, and now here they were, celebrating his accomplishment.

Agatha ignored the others as they laughed and talked, reminiscing old times and talking about their future. Instead she looked at the person sitting next to her. Anthony Giovanni had impressed her when she had first met him all those years back when she was still teaching at Pokemon Tech. His knowedge of Pokemon facts, trivia, and battle techniques were second to none, and even superior to most of the other Pokemon Profs that had been teaching Battling when Agatha had been a Pokemon Tech Professor. He had known exactly which Pokemon he wanted, and he had never owned a Pokemon besides one of those.

He was also a founding member of the Pokemon Rangers of Kanto, the organization that did nothing but defend Pokemon's rights. Their distinctive black jumpsuits with the red letter “R” emblazoned on the front could now be seen all over Kanto, helping out those in need, defending the weak, and promoting Pokemon's rights.

It had been one of his earliest recruits that had actually filled the hole that Samuel had made when he left the group. Cyrus Winters was one of the most brilliant people she had had the pleasure of knowing, Agatha thought to herself as she shifted her gaze to the youngest member of the group. Cyrus preferred to be referred to by his last name, despite still being a teenager. At seventeen, Cyrus had proved himself to be mature and more than capable of taking care of himself. Giovanni had picked Cyrus when Giovanni had first formed the Rangers to be his Chief Lieutenant, despite the fact that Cyrus was still incredibly young.

Cyrus's battling style, however, was much different than the rest of the group. While everyone else used Pokeballs, Cyrus relied on the trusty Stylus that his grandfather, a member of the Fione Rangers Union, had given him. Cyrus had never captured a single Pokemon in a Pokeball. He had garnered his team by capturing them with the Stylus, befriending them, and convincing them to join his team. His fame, already assured because he was with them, had skyrocketed when the news had gotten out. He had been offered commercials, endorsement deals, and many other lucrative offers, and he had politely but firmly shot every single one down.

Instead, he had quit Giovanni's Rangers and formed an organization called the Galactic Society, dedicated to preserving the planet's natural resources and protecting Pokemon from people who would abuse them. It was still a small organization, but it was growing rapidly. And with Cyrus' vision and dedication, there was really no limit to where it would go.

Agatha looked at the final member of the group, Delia Ketchum. She was probably the number one reason their group had become as famous as it had. The plump Delia was an incredible fighter, and was by far the best battler of the group. Her fiery red hair was always kept neat, just like her Pokemon.

Always the life of any party in her own, quiet way, Delia had a simple charm that won over others easily. But then again, Pokemon training was in her blood. She came from a long line of Pokemon Masters, going back at least ten generations. There had never been any question as to if he would be a good Battler or not. The only question was how high would she go? Of course, she was married now to a big-shot trainer. It would be only a matter of time until she gave up the wild life of the Journey and settled down to raise some kids.

The whole group would find that out in the next week, of course. The Indigo League Championship Tournament was being held, and everyone in the group was planning on participating.

Agatha tuned herself back into the conversation when she heard someone asking her a question. “What was that?” she asked. “I wasn't really paying attention.”

Cyrus was grinning at her. “Samuel was just asking if you thought your age would be a handicap when we all head to Lavender Town for the Tournament.”

Giovanni's face darkened. “It shouldn't be in Lavender Town,” he grumbled, cutting in before Agatha could say anything. “It should be on the Indigo Plateau. That's where it was when my parents were competing.”

Cyrus glared at Giovanni. “I'm sick of hearing about your gripes with Johto!” he hissed. “Everything's Johto did this, it's Johto's fault because of that! Look, we started the last war with them, and the Plateau was part of the Peace Treaty.”

Giovanni slammed his left palm down on the table, making everyone but Cyrus jump. “Then we should take it back!” the older man retorted. “It's ours. It's Kantanese.”

“There's a reason it's called the Indigo Plateau!” Cyrus said, half-rising, but stopping when the table hit his legs. “It's been paid for over and over and over again in blood in an endless cycle. Janera, Johto, and Kanto all have a claim to the whole Tohjo-Silver-Indigo pocket, and no one is willing to compromise! That's why there's been three wars in the last fifty years over that area!”

Giovanni sneered and opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by a hand slapping him upside the back of his head. Cyrus opened his mouth to laugh but was cut off by a hand slapping him as well. “Shut up!” Delia snapped. “Both of you!” she shook her head. “Sheesh, it's like we've never been apart. You two bickering all the time. Neither of you willing to give an inch, neither willing to accept the fact that you're wrong.”

Agatha laughed. “Well, they are both wrong, no doubts there. Of course, they're both right, too.”

Oak shook his head. “More battles have been fought over that stupid Plateau than anywhere else.”

Giovanni crossed his arms. “We should have it.” he declared. “We deserve it.”

Cyrus rolled his eyes. “Right. We deserve it. Because we had it first. It's that kind of stupid thinking that you should have left behind in—OW!” he shouted as both Delia and Agatha hit the backs of both of their heads.

“Shut up!” Agatha growled. “We haven't all been together in ten years. It's always one of us gone somewhere. Some of us are trying to enjoy it, not make a political event out of this!”

Sam grinned. “I agree!” he said. “Especially because I've asked the University to keep the news quiet until today.” he held up his hands at the instant demands to know of what was going on from everyone. “I was given a position at the new Teaching Laboratory at the Tech's new satellite location in Pallet Town.”

“Congratulations!” Cyrus said, reaching over to shake Oak's hand. “I know you've had your eye on one of those Teaching Labs for a while. What is your position there?”

Oak grinned. “I'm heading it up. Appaently I was picked over Professors Rowan and Elm. Although they're both getting Teaching Labs of their own.”

Giovanni clapped Oak on the back. “Nice job, Sam! Hot off the presses and already you get your own place!”

Oak shrugged. “It's not that big a deal. I mean, I've had a lot of experience with Pokemon anyway, and I've been taking Tech Distance courses since forever...”

“It's a very big deal,” Delia said, patting his hand, a giant smile spread across her face. “But it's not the only big news we've got.”

Agatha grinned. “Delia, that no-good husband of yours finally do something big?” she demanded.

“Well...” Delia said, trailing off in a way that made everyone look her way. Delia grinned. “I'm pregnant.”

+++++
+++++

And for those of you who are confuzzled--

the Indigo Tournament's being held in Lavender Town, because Kanto/Johto don't get along that well ( read: hate each other ), and Johto owns the Indigo Plateau.

oh, and this continuity, like the other one, is based mainly off of the games, with a smidge of anime mixed in--not the other way around. so if I put in some stuff from the anime and ignore other things from the anime completely--that's why.

Last edited: