• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

For old fans only - What can have makes you want to watch anime again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashton Ketchum

For me, you know - Ash's winning in Kalos League, and Happy End for AmourShipping. And new main protagonist for every region/generation like in games and PokeSpe.
And for you?

Last edited:

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Nothing, I still watch the Pokémon anime on a regular basis.

But if there is something I would change about past seasons, I'd change Dawn so she isn't whining all the time, that's the main reason I hate her, I can't stand her whining it's very annoying.

But yeah that's the only change I would make personally. I don't mind that the show is formulaic I enjoy it for that.

Orphalesion

Getting rid of Ash and implementing story-arcs rather the completely episodic "we're learning the same lessons over and over again" thing the anime has become.

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
Same as OP, new protagonist with new teams of Pokemon every region, and new unique story plots for each single characters. Especially the latter, even it is different protagonist for each region, if they are all badge quest + league challenge, count me out then.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The anime needs a complete overhaul for me to watch it again, it's completely boring. The series is 90% filler and Ash enters the league and fails every time. It doesn't take long to get tired of this formula. Having more of a plot, having a main character that's remotely successful, and generally making this series more than an endless marketing machine would do a world of good.

Orphalesion

having a main character that's remotely successful, and generally making this series more than an endless marketing machine would do a world of good.

Definitely! They need to stop keeping their main character down like that! Have him (or HER, because why the hell not?) actually evolve their pokemon (and not constantly make up excuses like "they don't wanna change and that's alright!" because the simpler designs of the base forms are easier to animate) obtain rare/strong pokemon and perhaps even catch a legendary once in a while (and I say that as somebody who doesn't like legendaries)
And, please, don't have them be idiots like Ash. I actually felt insulted as a eight-year old that I was expected to relate to somebody as brain-dead as Ash.

hzion

Detective
I will always watch pokemon with or without Ash, but Kalos has been pretty great so far with handling the development of Ash. He actually uses his head and his experience. Amourshipping is also a plus and this time Ash is more serious. B/W almost ruined it for me because Ash wasn't serious about any of his battles and there was no strategy involved just spam attacks. The worst part was the Unova league. They kind of redeemed themselves when they brought back Charizard, but unfortunately he didn't play a big role.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I got into Pokemon during Hoenn and watched the corresponding anime series. Even as a kid, I didn't like it. Sure, there were movies I enjoyed and parts I'll always remember, but overall, I see it at as lacking in story and in character. The past really doesn't affect the future. Oh, the world is about to end, who cares. The weather of the world was altered by the forces of nature, guess what, status quo is God. This whole status quo is God mentality causes characters to either lose their depth or development.

Should this go into anime discussion?

What would I change about the anime? Not one thing.

I don't care if the show is formulaic and repetitive.
I don't care if Ash loses every league he enters, or wins every one he enters in the future.
I don't care if the writers make Ash look like the stupidest/smartest person in the world.

Like I've heard it said before, the show is just a fun way to waste 22 minutes each week when there's a new episode, or in my case, a reason to watch cool monsters battle it out from time to time.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan

I don't care if Ash loses every league he enters, or wins every one he enters in the future.
I don't care if the writers make Ash look like the stupidest/smartest person in the world.

Like I've heard it said before, the show is just a fun way to waste 22 minutes each week when there's a new episode, or in my case, a reason to watch cool monsters battle it out from time to time.

Hey what do you know? I'm not the only one on this message board who still watches the show and enjoys it. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The anime needs a complete overhaul for me to watch it again, it's completely boring. The series is 90% filler and Ash enters the league and fails every time. It doesn't take long to get tired of this formula. Having more of a plot, having a main character that's remotely successful, and generally making this series more than an endless marketing machine would do a world of good.

Even though I disagree with you, I get your point completely. So I respect your opinion.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Here here.

Hey what do you know? I'm not the only one on this message board who still watches the show and enjoys it. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm with you there too. Don't worry, you're not alone.

Gillachu

Banned
Getting rid of Ash and implementing story-arcs rather the completely episodic "we're learning the same lessons over and over again" thing the anime has become.

I'd love to see change, but sadly the show loves repetition and especially marketing Pokemon so kids will buy Pokemon merchandise. :(

Red and Blue

Mostly for the reasons others mentioned. To see my favorite Pokémon animated and just for the sake of enjoyment. It`s not a great anime by anime means but it`s hardly the worst thing ever. I`m sure at some point the anime will change the formula drastically but not anytime soon

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I will keep watching the show despite its flaws hee hee. Maybe I'm a masochist, but I don't think its formula is too much of an issue since the pokemon themselves are my main interest any ways. ^o^

MattySadler

I'll probably never watch the anime again in the same capacity I did during the original series in the late 90s/ early 00s regardless of what they do, literally due to age and having other things to do in my life, but I think I'll always continue to keep track of the series from a distance, and watch the episodes of consequence (Gym Battles, Pokemon captures/ evolutions/ releases, etc).

*Frank*

I discovered the anime when Ash was still on his Hoenn Region badge quest though I still watched the Original Series first. I don't really care if Ash doesn't win the Kalos league or the next league and so on and so forth because I will continue on watching it no matter what.

Orphalesion

I'd love to see change, but sadly the show loves repetition and especially marketing Pokemon so kids will buy Pokemon merchandise. :(

And the worst part is, imho, that even when seen "kids" show for young children it is (imho) incredibly bad and becoming outdated quite quickly, as people learn that even "children's entertainment" can have high quality, characterization and deeper story lines. We are living in the age of Avatar TLA, Adventure Time, Steven Universe... Status Quo just should no longer be god.
They are unfortunately just lazy :-/ Because hey, why have a storyarc when we go on the 25th inane quest to have one of Ash's pokemon evolve, before it decides against it and then "Team Rocket Blasts Off Again".

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I watch mainly for the battles,I rarely ever stay tuned into anything happening outside of that because the COTD episodes just keep getting blander and blander,Team Rocket was decent for the Original Series but after that it just got redundant.The two things I look forward to with the show is Ash winning the League(probably won't happen anytime soon) and Paul returning.

Yzma

I'm mainly watching because Team Rocket still entertains me, though I don't watch every episode annymore.
If I would like to see a change, it would be that I would like so see people get older.

Status
Not open for further replies.